Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    WTF was up with that final? A penatly try should have been awarded and the overtime was ridiculous.
    A penalty try COULDN'T be awarded. Unfortunately to award a penalty try the ref has to be certain a try would've been scored. Wales kept collapsing early before that was the case. He could've dished out more yellow cards, but then Wales would've said the subs were injured and it would've meant uncontested scrums which would've negated France's advantage. The ref was excellent, it was just one of those crazy situations and maybe France made a couple of rash decisions and could've won it sooner.
    The bite thing was interesting as well.
    You could hear the ref clearly say that there was a bite mark, but because the video was inconclusive, he couldn't take any action.
    I thought it was all intriguing.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Six Nations 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    WTF was up with that final? A penatly try should have been awarded and the overtime was ridiculous.
    A penalty try COULDN'T be awarded. Unfortunately to award a penalty try the ref has to be certain a try would've been scored. Wales kept collapsing early before that was the case. He could've dished out more yellow cards, but then Wales would've said the subs were injured and it would've meant uncontested scrums which would've negated France's advantage. The ref was excellent, it was just one of those crazy situations and maybe France made a couple of rash decisions and could've won it sooner.
    The bite thing was interesting as well.
    You could hear the ref clearly say that there was a bite mark, but because the video was inconclusive, he couldn't take any action.
    I thought it was all intriguing.
    The whole France prop replacement thing was suspicious too. 20 minutes of overtime? Don't mind the result tho.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Six Nations 2017

Bump

Wales will get their ass beat Mr X.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Six Nations 2018

Hmm.

I hate to say it, but I agree.

Away wins are few and far between, and England are very strong with great depth of talent.

England by 10 today ...... but we will still be glorious
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stop being a pessimist and a realist, the Welsh are normally more delusional.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was close. Nearly came back there.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really good game.... I thought the disallowed try at a crucial time was really a try, and we had the better of the second half. We could have won, but we weren't clinical enough.

Well played England, they were excellent . See you next year

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sweet revenge

Attached Images

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was hoping you would forget about this thread.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a bit disappointed we didn't have some commentary during the comp. Great tournament from Wales, bit wobbly out of the blocks and peaked perfectly. From an English perspective, there has to be some issue with attitude and game management if you're blowing leads like that. Fair enough losing to Wales wasn't that huge a collapse, only a few points in it at half time if I remember. But basically stopping playing like that against Scotland and having to score at the death to lessen the embarrassment, shocking.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I was hoping you would forget about this thread.

Thought I would resurrect this thread after Wales’ record breaking crushing of England on Saturday .....

​I think we are going to need a bigger board!
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do resurrect this when things go well, so it’s only fair I do so when we have very dark days indeed …..

Well done Italy. There are very few undeserved wins in the game of rugby, and this wasn’t one of them. After being physically battered for 36 (?) games in a row, humiliated at times and with so many people calling for their expulsion, written off and disrespected ….. they still turned up with passion, guts and pride. Played a full 80 minutes of rugby and deserved the win with no big controversy or scandal. Well done guys and to all your fans who have stuck by you in hard times

Now, Wales, though. A different story. Utterly disrespectful and arrogant from the start. 7 changes and stuffing AWJ back in just to get the 150th cap at home to sell more overpriced tickets. The whole build up was about Biggar and AWJ, not our opponents. The players coming onto the pitch with their children, ffs. Where is the Eye of the Tiger? Was this really a testimonial game! No wonder we were cold and undercooked at the start.

Right from the whistle, we were chucking it wide. From the third minute we were turning down three points and kicking to corners. Who the flock do we think we are? Arrogant.

Offside ridiculously often. Lost the collision battle. No shape or attacking strategy. Over 15 dropped balls. Clearly no system or strategy in place to win that game ….. or the players didn’t believe in it.

Something has gone seriously wrong within our team culture for this to happen like it did. That culture is shaped by the WRU and the team management, and they should be accountable. if that culture is not shaped by them, they should be still accountable as it must be shaped by them.

This cannot be swept under the carpet. That was an inept, toothless and embarrassing performance at home on our stadium In front of our fans.

Italy did what they needed to do, stuck to their principles and beliefs and played for each other …….. but I have to say I think many many teams would have come away with a win against us today.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not an expert on Rugby but I do follow the main tournaments (since the 90s) ... The Italians looked fairly good, some impressive Welsh defending saved them a try or two in the first half .. but that was surely a lot of penalties to give away, wales had two converted tries but the wops took the lead after their fifth successful penalty:S,that's some indiscipline there.. no offense to the Welsh but I'm really happy to see Italy win a game again at last and away too, I was at Murrayfield when the Italians went 21-0 up v Scotland and ended up winning a fairly close game, it looked like the Italians were on the way to being a pretty good team but they fell off pretty bad in the following years.

I see the Italian under 20 or whatever rugger uses beat england(by some weird 6-0 or similar score) and Scotland too recently, maybe they're on a pretty good path..

Haven't seen France v England yet but it's nice to see France win that and the grand slam, I hope France win the next world cup, I've always liked the frogs in rugby and they have a pretty good and fun team right now.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Primo will be very happy.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very happy with this and it was well deserved too. Perhaps it’ll shut the “kick them out “ merchants up for a bit.
    To be clear, I’m all for the bottom team having to win a play off against the winners of the tier 2 championship.
    But people have to understand that the best 2 teams in tier 2 are Spain and Georgia, and they will not be anywhere near as competitive as Italy.
    As for the idea of replacing Italy with South Africa, that would just be a ridiculous, selfish , arrogant , look after number 1 plan.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information