Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Eubank Jr - Next Fight? April ITV PPV

chris-eubank-jr-lines-up-cancer-survivor-daniel-jacobs-for-first-world-title-defence/

CHRIS EUBANK JR is plotting to make his first world title defence against American Daniel Jacobs – who beat cancer to become a ring star.

Eubank made history last week when he beat Renold Quinlan to lift the IBO super-middleweight title – the first time a father and son have won world titles.

The 27-year-old immediately laid out his intentions to take on the best in the business, calling out Gennady Golovkin, James DeGale and Billy Joe Saunders for big fights.

But instead he is now likely to defend his crown for the first time against lesser-known Jacobs – who himself is next on the list for Golovkin.

Jacobs and Golovkin clash on March 18, but no matter the result it has emerged that the American is now at the top of the list of the Eubank camp as the next opponent.

The 29-year-old from Brooklyn has made a remarkable rise in the sport after being forced to take 18 months out while he fought cancer.

Jacobs was hospitalised in New York while he battle to overcome osteosarcoma, a rare form of bone cancer.

But since his return to the ring in 2012 he has gone on to win his ten fights and changed his nickname from the Golden Child to Miracle Man.

The former WBO middleweight champion has a record of 29 knockouts in his 32 victories with just one loss – a fifth round stoppage by Dimtry Pirog.

And while all the hype is about going after Golovkin, Eubank is likely to play it safe as he gradually steps up in class by going for Jacons instead.
    “In April, we’re ready to go again,” said Eubank Sr.
    Jacobs is fighting GGG in March, now can't see him being ready to jump back into the ring just 4 weeks later.

Not exactly the GGG or Canelo or Saunders or DeGale or Ward that we were promised

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    chris-eubank-jr-lines-up-cancer-survivor-daniel-jacobs-for-first-world-title-defence/

CHRIS EUBANK JR is plotting to make his first world title defence against American Daniel Jacobs – who beat cancer to become a ring star.

Eubank made history last week when he beat Renold Quinlan to lift the IBO super-middleweight title – the first time a father and son have won world titles.

The 27-year-old immediately laid out his intentions to take on the best in the business, calling out Gennady Golovkin, James DeGale and Billy Joe Saunders for big fights.

But instead he is now likely to defend his crown for the first time against lesser-known Jacobs – who himself is next on the list for Golovkin.

Jacobs and Golovkin clash on March 18, but no matter the result it has emerged that the American is now at the top of the list of the Eubank camp as the next opponent.

The 29-year-old from Brooklyn has made a remarkable rise in the sport after being forced to take 18 months out while he fought cancer.

Jacobs was hospitalised in New York while he battle to overcome osteosarcoma, a rare form of bone cancer.

But since his return to the ring in 2012 he has gone on to win his ten fights and changed his nickname from the Golden Child to Miracle Man.

The former WBO middleweight champion has a record of 29 knockouts in his 32 victories with just one loss – a fifth round stoppage by Dimtry Pirog.

And while all the hype is about going after Golovkin, Eubank is likely to play it safe as he gradually steps up in class by going for Jacons instead.
    “In April, we’re ready to go again,” said Eubank Sr.
    Jacobs is fighting GGG in March, now can't see him being ready to jump back into the ring just 4 weeks later.

Not exactly the GGG or Canelo or Saunders or DeGale or Ward that we were promised
    It's all complete bullshit. Sr. Just throwing names out there, what a twat.
    They already ducked Jacobs when Jr. Was his Mandatory to fight for the British title.
    Fuck off with all this bullshit! What pisses me off is how they think anyone is stupid enough to take this shit in.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Forgot to say, the other reason he won't fight Jacobs is simple....... He would get beat!!!

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he really wants to be like Daddy get Gilberto Ramirez in there for the WBO strap. He should be fit to fight by now.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    If he really wants to be like Daddy get Gilberto Ramirez in there for the WBO strap. He should be fit to fight by now.
    Ramirez would beat him. But what gives Jr. The right to jump the queue. The prick should get in line.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've read an unconfirmed report that claims talks between Degale and Eubank are already underway.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I've read an unconfirmed report that claims talks between Degale and Eubank are already underway.
    I would be very surprised if that fight happens but it would be a good match if it was agreed.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the words of the late Roy Castle..... "Dedications what you need"
    (Does he really need his new belt on?)

Chris Eubank Jr shows off his new IBO super-middleweight belt in fine sweaty style - Mirror Online

He and Degale can't stand each other and with Eubank non stop digging him out about wanting the rest of his teeth added to Degales ego i think it could possibly happen.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JAMES DeGALE: The Eubanks have chosen me? They're a comedy act and I have no time for them

One name I haven’t mentioned is Chris Eubank Jr. This guy has turned down Gennady Golovkin and Billy Joe Saunders and all of a sudden, because I’m doing so well, he wants to fight me. I heard he and his dad said they've chosen me. They’ve chosen me? They actually make me laugh, they’re a comedy act. He’s fooling everyone, he’s telling people he’s got a genuine world title but there are only four world titles and everyone in boxing is laughing at him.
    I remember being in his position a couple of years ago when I was the mandatory challenger for Carl Froch's world title and he wanted nothing to do with me because he thought I hadn’t boxed anyone and I wasn't at his level; well I’m in the same position now.
    There are levels in boxing and I’d find it hard to get in the ring with him because he brings nothing to the table. He knows I’m at the very top; he wants to fight me for the money. It would be a big fight in England but I don’t really want to give him a chance.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think after Junior gets some title defences and exposure on mainstream ITV making even more outlandish statements that the fight could be made 2018.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think after Junior gets some title defences and exposure on mainstream ITV making even more outlandish statements that the fight could be made 2018.
    Title Defences? What fucking title? It's people like you recognising this shit that makes it worse.
    his so called title is worth less than those bullshit "Lordships" you can buy on Ebay! In fact, didn't Snr. Buy one of those back in the day?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would be very surprised if that fight happens but it would be a good match if it was agreed.
    Funny you should bring that up, having watched the last fights of degay and eujr our pub talk, which is full of experts, having eujr stopping degay , and a good scalp. Logic being that degay can't punch for shit and has questionable stamina, eujr has admirable stamina, and a punch, so if a few land out of the 50 punch flurries he's home and dry

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    Funny you should bring that up, having watched the last fights of degay and eujr our pub talk, which is full of experts, having eujr stopping degay , and a good scalp. Logic being that degay can't punch for shit and has questionable stamina, eujr has admirable stamina, and a punch, so if a few land out of the 50 punch flurries he's home and dry
    Im not sure eubank has a bigger punch than degale

probly similar don't you think
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank looks like he hits harder than DeGale. The reality though is - DeGale has knocked over and, most importantly, beaten world-class opposition. Eubank is yet to do either. And considering he hits everyone with the kitchen sink at this level, it would suggest he's got more in common with Paulie than Julian Jackson.

I quite strongly fancy Groves has the style to ping/blast his head clean off from the outside.
    Last edited by Fenster; 02-15-2017 at 04:01 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Degale, Groves, Callum Smith ALL BEAT EUBANK Jr. COMFORTABLY. all about levels.

Thread Information