Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Khan, Brook on Pacquiao list

Manny Pacquiao has included Amir Khan and Kell Brook in a Twitter poll of potential opponents for his next world title defence in the United Arab Emirates.

"See you in UAE for my next fight. #TeamPacquiao", the WBO world welterweight champion tweeted, appearing to scupper reports that he would fight Australia's Jeff Horn in Brisbane in April.

Pacquiao then posted a poll on his official Twitter feed asking his 108,000 followers to choose either Brook, Khan, Horn or Terence Crawford as his next opponent in the UAE.

The poll had received more than 10,000 votes by Monday morning.

A spokesman for Pacquiao told AFP he was due to meet his manager Michael Koncz on Monday and a statement about his next fight would be issued.

Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum had been widely quoted last month in international media as saying that the boxing icon would be getting into the ring with the unbeaten Australian Horn in April and the Queensland tourism minister said they were in negotiations to host the bout.

But Pacquiao, 38, posted on his social media accounts that he would be fighting instead in the Middle East and seemed to indicate that while his opponent could still be Horn, it could also be one of three other world-class boxers - American Crawford or Britons Khan or Brook.

A fight between Brook and Khan has been discussed, though promoter Eddie Hearn has said the pair have as yet been unable to agree terms on a clash and it may not take place until later in the year.

Reports of a bout between Pacquiao and Horn had begun circulating last month but the southpaw from the Philippines said contracts had not been signed.

"We are still negotiating about that. Nothing is really final, the date, who is the opponent. There are a lot of offers from other countries," Pacquiao said last month.

Pacquiao announced a brief retirement last year but made a successful comeback against Jessie Vargas in Las Vegas in November, saying he still felt like a youngster.

The boxing hero initially said he was retiring to focus on his new role as Philippine senator after winning elections last year on the back of his sporting fame.

Khan, Brook on Pacquiao list
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan, Brook on Pacquiao list

They're not gonna risk him against Brook and Crawford will be Bob's changing of the guard fight (Pac's final one). They would probably risk Khan before Crawford as they'd fancy sparking him, or at least score a bunch of 10-8 rounds.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and Khan would probably use the fight as a way to get back on the 'lets all fight Mayweather' bandwagon

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I reckon we should all rig this pathetic vote.
    Horn - clearly nobody wants to see it except Arum , so he can bleed his cash cow dry.
    Brook - Let him fight his mandatory as he should do. after that, depending on the result, who knows ?
    Khan - fuck Khan , why give the prick a payday? last I heard , he wanted a tune up against Algieri before going into a big fight!
    Crawford - Let's all vote for this. that way Pac can retire like Floyd has for good and the Boxing World can rightly move on.
    we don't need these guys casting a shadow over the Sport, it's time for evolution.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed - we should do a Brewsters Millions 'none of the above' type vote

Just retire Pac please. You're already a legend but you're just standing in the way of everyone moving on now.

Khan is thick enough to get picked, outpoint an old man by UD and then claim to be p4p No. 1...
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Well I reckon we should all rig this pathetic vote.
    Horn - clearly nobody wants to see it except Arum , so he can bleed his cash cow dry.
    Brook - Let him fight his mandatory as he should do. after that, depending on the result, who knows ?
    Khan - fuck Khan , why give the prick a payday? last I heard , he wanted a tune up against Algieri before going into a big fight!
    Crawford - Let's all vote for this. that way Pac can retire like Floyd has for good and the Boxing World can rightly move on.
    we don't need these guys casting a shadow over the Sport, it's time for evolution.
    yeah fuck you Master, see that, my man says he's retired for good, the bet is on motherlicker

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan has won the twatter vote by the looks of things

Khan is undefeated on twatter votes
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

Very true. and just like last time, he won't get the fight. I reckon these people just "Prick tease" Khan a bit because they know what a deluded irrelevant twat he is.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

Very true. and just like last time, he won't get the fight. I reckon these people just "Prick tease" Khan a bit because they know what a deluded irrelevant twat he is.
    last time I thought khan deserved to win the vote, I thought hed be a better, more interesting fight for mayweather than maidana

turns out I was probably wrong about that

this time I really don't think khan would be the best fight for pac, although i might be wrong about that too
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac should mop up kahn and retire

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Obviously anybody with a brain should vote for Crawford. Unless of course you want to see pac clearly win then horn or Khan would be a good vote.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't believe Khan won the vote. I can understand Pac taking Khan as it is a very winnable fight and helps him continue his farewell world tour. Crawford would be the biggest challenge.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really thought Manny would meet Crawford instead of Vargas in comeback but Arum is determined to shake to loose change from his pockets. They may just be trying to hype Horn event as the venue shifted to EAU. Crawford has a home date signed for May and frankly it's best Manny leaves him alone. Cannot see Brook wanting it in rebuild and his own talks heating up. Khan..can totally see that happening but just two months out?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I say he should fight Khan.It's the most marquee, while still winnable fight of the bunch, as opposed to likely losing against Crawford at this point.50-50 against Crawford at best.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I say after all these years and 10,000 lies people should know that you don't believe anything from this camp. If a fight is signed then talk about him. Until then it's all just BS.

Thread Information