Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  36
Dislikes Dislikes:  10
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50

Thread: Felix Trinidad- Beat 3 out of 4 Olympic Gold medalists!

Share/Bookmark
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    239
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Felix Trinidad- Beat 3 out of 4 Olympic Gold medalists!

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Is wrapping a fist differently really as bad as illegal IV use?
    I dunno.

    How about you take an illegal IV drip and I wrap my hands like Papa Trinidad did, soak my hands in water, and then beat you about the head and face and see how bad it is...?

    Yeah?
    Don't remember anything about dipping hands in water. Even Hopkins' trainer said it was only the way the hands were getting wrapped. It was re-wrapped and approved to fight with. Floyd fought after illegally using an IV. So severely hydrated that he required so much fluid through IV but instead of seeking medical attention he went home. Little Floyd who is too small to fight a monster like GGG at 160 and is supposedly a year round gym rat and never has trouble making weight. Whilst Pacquiao follows all the protocols fills in every form, informs the commission and then is still denied a shot for his shoulder before the fight. What Floyd did was actually cheating and against commission rules.

    "Well, you just have to be honest, and I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to let, not only the Puerto Rican fans hear this, but I want the Trinidads to hear that the Fishers, along with Bernard Hopkins, have no problem with them, specially when it comes to the hand wraps, cheating and all that. We never thought Tito was cheating". A quote directly from Fisher himself.


    You're fairly new, and obviously knowledgeable about boxing. So naturally you'll indulge RR for awhile and try to use logic and facts with him. That is until you realize RR is basically just a trolling, biased, hatemonger who carries on with his asinine arguments even after they've blown up in his face. Must be a riot at bar room sports conversations.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll just ignore him from now on then.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,378
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1636
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Felix Trinidad- Beat 3 out of 4 Olympic Gold medalists!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Is wrapping a fist differently really as bad as illegal IV use?
    I dunno.

    How about you take an illegal IV drip and I wrap my hands like Papa Trinidad did, soak my hands in water, and then beat you about the head and face and see how bad it is...?

    Yeah?
    Don't remember anything about dipping hands in water. Even Hopkins' trainer said it was only the way the hands were getting wrapped. It was re-wrapped and approved to fight with. Floyd fought after illegally using an IV. So severely hydrated that he required so much fluid through IV but instead of seeking medical attention he went home. Little Floyd who is too small to fight a monster like GGG at 160 and is supposedly a year round gym rat and never has trouble making weight. Whilst Pacquiao follows all the protocols fills in every form, informs the commission and then is still denied a shot for his shoulder before the fight. What Floyd did was actually cheating and against commission rules.

    "Well, you just have to be honest, and I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to let, not only the Puerto Rican fans hear this, but I want the Trinidads to hear that the Fishers, along with Bernard Hopkins, have no problem with them, specially when it comes to the hand wraps, cheating and all that. We never thought Tito was cheating". A quote directly from Fisher himself.


    You're fairly new, and obviously knowledgeable about boxing. So naturally you'll indulge RR for awhile and try to use logic and facts with him. That is until you realize RR is basically just a trolling, biased, hatemonger who carries on with his asinine arguments even after they've blown up in his face. Must be a riot at bar room sports conversations.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll just ignore him from now on then.


    That's what we all do.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,778
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    603
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Felix Trinidad- Beat 3 out of 4 Olympic Gold medalists!

    All the comments Papa made about how he doesn't have hitting power without his handwraps, along with the fact that they had the hand pre-wrapped before Hopkin's reps were in the room, and they protested having to re-wrap, and the comments made by others warning about illegal or questionable wrapping practices, and the comments by opponents saying they felt like they were being hit by bricks, and the fact that Tito had no power against Bernard, and looked like a quarter of the fighter that he usually did... Not buying it.

    You guys can have Tito as your champion. I see him as a cheat.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,378
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1636
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Felix Trinidad- Beat 3 out of 4 Olympic Gold medalists!

    You're more naive (I chose the nicer of the words I had) than I thought, if you claim Trinidad's father would actually make those comments. Produce an exact, credible, direct quote backing up your bullshit claim... or go stand in line with Kellyanne Conway and her "alternative facts." The wrapping issue has already been explained to you ad nauseam, but your blinders don't allow you to do any thinking of your own, only to parrot the shit you read from fellow haters. You claim Trinidad had "no power against Bernard", but you fail to account for the facts that: 1) Trinidad was not a true MW, his best weight being 147. and 2) Hopkins was a true MW and had a hell of a chin, surviving 12 rounds with the likes of Kovalev, and never getting KO'ed until he was over 50 years old... and 3) the fact that Hopkins used a brilliant gameplan against Trinidad and beat him by outboxing him.

    You have a right to your opinion, no matter how asinine. The problem is it's not even your own opinion. It's you borrowing opinions from other haters, and regurgitating them like an annoying parrot... and not having even the slightest backups for the outlandish claims you make. In the past, I've either ignored, or ridiculed you. This will be one of those few, rare exceptions that I will have bothered explaining facts to you, probably for the umpteenth (and last) time. After this I'll go back to my usual responses to you.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,778
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    603
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Felix Trinidad- Beat 3 out of 4 Olympic Gold medalists!




    Don Felix is quoted in an interview with Gerardo M. Avila-Planas and David Mesqueue as being asked:
    "Do you think that the Hopkins camp did it (made them re-wrap Tito's hand) to get to you psychologically?" and he answered, "Well, it got to us a little because, since I couldn’t place the tape that I usually place on Tito’s hand... I had to add some more gauze to make a type of pillow... This tends to take away some of the power in the punch."

    Bernard Hopkins weighed in on the matter with an interview with Bernard Fernandez of Philly.com.. Hopkins said, "If you put on tape, then gauze, then tape, then gauze, it's like a [plaster] cast. It's like being hit with a baseball bat. I'm giving out some secrets here, but you can dip your hands in ice water and that tape will, like, marinate and become harder. But it's only cheating if you get caught. Personally, I think Vargas' and Reid's people dropped the ball. Naazim did a brilliant job in spotting what [Felix Trinidad Sr.] was doing with the wraps." Don Felix was also putting tape on the skin and over the knuckles, both of which are not in accordance with NYSAC rules. New York's head commissioner put his foot down and made Don Felix wrap in strict accordance to the rules.
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 02-22-2017 at 07:45 PM.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,378
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1636
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Felix Trinidad- Beat 3 out of 4 Olympic Gold medalists!

    Why thank you for that video clip, which basically does nothing to prove your asinine point, but rather reinforces the real story.

    Now I'll proceed to add some exact, credible, direct quotes.... something I asked you to do, from some authorities who have a zillion times more weight in their arguments than you or any of the other haters could ever have.


    "First I would like to say that my deputy commissioner and my commissioner did a diligent job that night. The rules are clear and fair. Mr.Trinidad did not violate the rules, that's why there was no suspension. Extra tape and gauze can be applied if the trainers agree and the commission approves, grounds for that will be protection only cause of injury. Under no circumstances can there be double layers of tape,which in this case there was none. The New York State bylaws say you cannot have tape on skin so the commission made them rewrap because of that fact alone." (NY State Athletic Commission Chair Melvina Lathan)


    "Felix "Tito" Trinidad has fought here several times against some of the biggest fighters in the world: Oscar de la Hoya, David Reid, Fernando Vargas. He's always had opponents' corner people watching him wrap, as well as my inspectors. We have never detected anything illegal." (Executive Director of The Nevada State Athletic Commission Marc Ratner)



    But I'm not gonna get dragged down into another mud-slinging battle with someone who hates with no facts, just parrots what other haters say. We've been down this road countless times, and nobody gives a damn about your conspiracy theories.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,778
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    603
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Felix Trinidad- Beat 3 out of 4 Olympic Gold medalists!

    Melvina Latham's NYSAC mishandled the Gatti vs Gamache fight--where Gatti appeared to fail making weight but the commission granted him a pass. Gamache's trainer says he was told by the commission that the weigh in was fair and to "keep quiet". Joey Gamache is a shell of a man now. The same year, the NYSAC was responsible for Beethavean Scottland's death immediately after his fight--by not having the ref up to date on safety, and the doctors not intervening, and the medics on hand being ill prepared to handle the injuries, and transport to the hospital--the NYSAC have blood on their hands. So it's no surprise that they didn't follow the rules and allowed Trinidad to wrap his left hand without Hopkin's camp there to watch and tried to force the fight to happen despite the protest of Bouie Fisher. Luckily for Hopkins, Fisher was no pushover and they said they would pull out of the fight if Papa didn't re-wrap the hand--and when he did they saw that the wrap was illegal according to the NYSAC rules. If that isn't cheating, I don't know what is.

    (if you want more about the corruption in the NYSAC read here: https://www.thenation.com/article/shame-boxing/)

    Here's a quote from the man who was there, but you don't seem to want to address it...
    Don Felix is quoted in an interview with Gerardo M. Avila-Planas and David Mesqueue as being asked:
    "Do you think that the Hopkins camp did it (made them re-wrap Tito's hand) to get to you psychologically?" and he answered, "Well, it got to us a little because, since I couldn’t place the tape that I usually place on Tito’s hand... I had to add some more gauze to make a type of pillow... This tends to take away some of the power in the punch."

    Here's a quote from a fighter who has decades in the sport and who spoke directly to his trainer concerning the infraction:

    Bernard Hopkins weighed in on the matter with an interview with Bernard Fernandez of Philly.com.. Hopkins said, "If you put on tape, then gauze, then tape, then gauze, it's like a [plaster] cast. It's like being hit with a baseball bat. I'm giving out some secrets here, but you can dip your hands in ice water and that tape will, like, marinate and become harder. But it's only cheating if you get caught. Personally, I think Vargas' and Reid's people dropped the ball. Naazim did a brilliant job in spotting what [Felix Trinidad Sr.] was doing with the wraps." Don Felix was also putting tape on the skin and over the knuckles, both of which are not in accordance with NYSAC rules. New York's head commissioner put his foot down and made Don Felix wrap in strict accordance to the rules.
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 02-23-2017 at 08:53 AM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,378
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1636
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Felix Trinidad- Beat 3 out of 4 Olympic Gold medalists!

    Experienced and knowledgeable trainers, such as Teddy Atlas, Tommie Brooks, Alton Merkerson, and others have all been quoted as saying that the use of gauze and tape and the different methodologies used by the different trainers are strictly for the protection of the fighter's hands... and does nothing to enhance the power of the punch. There's an extensive interview with Jeff Mayweather where he goes into the nitty-gritty details on hand-wrapping, also explaining that Trinidad's power was natural, not a result of any hand-wrapping theory nonsense. But I'll let you look that up, since you're the one bent on your "mission."

    Trinidad had his hand-wrapping witnessed by the opposing representatives on all of his fights, as is made clear in the rules of boxing. There had never been an issue. It's been made abundantly clear that this wasn't an issue of cheating, but that the method used by Trinidad wasn't allowed in particular by the NYSAC. The wrapping was changed, and the fight went on.

    Oscar de la Hoya was forced to change his hand wrapping prior to his fight with Pacquiao, on the insistence of Freddie Roach, when Roach noticed extra wide tape being used between the fingers, claiming this tape could roll up and create extra hard spots. Yet I don't see you carrying out a hate campaign against De La Hoya.

    More knowledgeable boxing people than you or I have been quoted as saying that the only thing that adds power to a punch is the adding of a hard substance to the gloves (like Margarito), or the removal of glove padding, to expose the knuckles (like Resto).

    But I'm frankly getting tired of responding to your shit.
    Please start another thread if you want, which would be your umpteenth thread of why you think Trinidad was a cheater.

    Or... which I personally would prefer... you can go fuck yourself.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,126
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    236
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Felix Trinidad- Beat 3 out of 4 Olympic Gold medalists!

    I don't give a fuck about any of that gauze shit. How much could it really have helped him? I'm not going to put a bit of tape on my hands and go knock out Andre Ward. Fuck all that gauze shit, just sounds like sour grapes to me.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,905
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2820
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Felix Trinidad- Beat 3 out of 4 Olympic Gold medalists!

    Well it's obvious Tito cheated as he couldn't hurt/beat/KO an all-time great, that was naturally bigger than him, who went nigh on 30 years without being stopped. Yeah, not the best argument.

    However, we have testimony.

    Previous Tito victim said - "it was like being hit with bricks." This proves he cheated.

    Hopkins trainer said - "We made them wrap Tito's hands according to the New York commission rules, there was no cheating." This is ignored.

    Tito's trainer said - "Wrapping the hands differently to what I was used to was a little unsettling." This is evidence that he normally wrapped illegal "bricks." Even though it was a rule specfic to that particular commission, they could have fought in Nevada or California and the original wrap was legal.

    Guy brazenly accuses Tito of cheating then provides evidence that he wasn't/didn't. Saddos.
    Last edited by Fenster; 02-23-2017 at 01:35 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,126
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    236
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Felix Trinidad- Beat 3 out of 4 Olympic Gold medalists!

    Tito hit like a truck with that left hook, you can't add a bit of gauze and turn a punch into a weapon. Paulie Malignaggi isn't going to add a bit of tape and start knocking people out, it's just silly.

    Margarito supposedly was a cheater and he never had one-punch KO power, he had to beat on guys and wear them down.

    Resto took the padding completely out of his gloves and also added something if I remember correctly, he beat on Billy Collins for 10 rounds and couldn't stop him.

    Tito was a legit power puncher, you can't manufacture that shit, his haters need to get over it! Hopkins handed Tito his ass but Tito never should have been at 160 in the first place.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,778
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    603
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Felix Trinidad- Beat 3 out of 4 Olympic Gold medalists!

    Hahaha... You simply refuse to acknowledge these two quotes. I guess since they don't support your claim, you'll just ignore them.

    Here's a quote from the man who was there, but you don't seem to want to address it...
    Don Felix is quoted in an interview with Gerardo M. Avila-Planas and David Mesqueue as being asked:
    "Do you think that the Hopkins camp did it (made them re-wrap Tito's hand) to get to you psychologically?" and he answered, "Well, it got to us a little because, since I couldn’t place the tape that I usually place on Tito’s hand... I had to add some more gauze to make a type of pillow... This tends to take away some of the power in the punch."

    Here's a quote from a fighter who has decades in the sport and who spoke directly to his trainer concerning the infraction:
    Bernard Hopkins weighed in on the matter with an interview with Bernard Fernandez of Philly.com.. Hopkins said, "If you put on tape, then gauze, then tape, then gauze, it's like a [plaster] cast. It's like being hit with a baseball bat. I'm giving out some secrets here, but you can dip your hands in ice water and that tape will, like, marinate and become harder. But it's only cheating if you get caught. Personally, I think Vargas' and Reid's people dropped the ball. Naazim did a brilliant job in spotting what [Felix Trinidad Sr.] was doing with the wraps." Don Felix was also putting tape on the skin and over the knuckles, both of which are not in accordance with NYSAC rules. New York's head commissioner put his foot down and made Don Felix wrap in strict accordance to the rules.

    Also, more than one fighter has claimed that Tito's hands were already wrapped before their reps had arrived in the change room.
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 02-23-2017 at 08:53 PM.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,778
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    603
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Felix Trinidad- Beat 3 out of 4 Olympic Gold medalists!

    Also, welcome to the forum @Alpha -- You should definitely ignore me like TitoFan and the rest of them do!

  14. #44
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,378
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1636
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Felix Trinidad- Beat 3 out of 4 Olympic Gold medalists!

    Rocco it is you who continue to post the same material over and over again.

    On point # 1, I'll choose to take the word of more than a few well-known trainers who have weighed in on the matter of gauzing and taping methods as they relate (or not relate) to power and how they only serve to protect a fighter's hands..... over the words of a well-meaning, but obviously misinformed Trinidad Sr., who unfortunately had his words pounced upon by haters such as yourself, to supposedly prove what has always been an asinine point.

    On point # 2, Hopking surmising about dipping taped hands in water obviously prove that Trinidad is a cheater, right? You obviously chose to ignore Fenster's post, where he ridicules you for just that type of reasoning. And it is you who choose to ignore the fact that just about everybody in boxing who has talked about Trinidad's hand wrapping procedures has agreed that it's always been done under the supervision of the opposing corners, that he always promptly removes his wraps at the appropriate time after the fight, not like he's got anything to hide... and that for the millionth time... the wrapping method he had used just wasn't permitted by the NYSAC rules.


    And for your information, I don't put anybody on ignore. I prefer to see every petty, childish, moronic thing people post, no matter how outlandish and lacking substance. But again, you have a perfect right to stand on that deserted island and sing your sad song.



    The kicker here, which obviously will go ignored by you, is that none other than Nazeem Richardson, the guy who objected to the taping in the first place, has gone on record numerous times explaining what everyone here is fruitlessly trying to explain to you. Geeeeez..... maybe I should put you on ignore.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,778
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    603
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Felix Trinidad- Beat 3 out of 4 Olympic Gold medalists!

    So Papa Trinidad, the man who wraps the hands, is simply misinformed when he says his hand wrapping style increases Tito's power? Haha...

    Okay.

    I guess I'll just agree to disagree with you.

    Trinidad the cheat for me, while Tito the hero with the misinformed dad who happens to wrap his left hand in secret for you.

    As for you ignoring me, I'm not suggesting you use the ignore feature, I was responding to your post where you suggested to Alpha that he ignore me the way you and the rest of Saddo's does. It's funny, you can't even get that reference right, no wonder you're so confused about this Trinidad thing.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Muhammad Ali's Lost Olympic Gold Medal
    By AlisGoldDoco in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-03-2014, 08:21 PM
  2. Wladimir Klitschko 'A Olympic Gold Medal Changes Your Life'
    By THE PHILOSOPHER in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 03:33 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 12:56 AM
  4. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 01:07 AM
  5. Felix trinidad
    By Tito BHB in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 01:01 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing