207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: Haye v Bellew - 4/3/17 rd-by-rd

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Now everyone knows why Haye pulled out twice instead of fighting 6,9" of inside fightingness
    What the fuck has any of tonight got to do with the Cokehead manic depressive?
    By your line of logic, I could turn around and say "that shows how shit Fury was because Haye was favourite against him and Haye is shite!"
    Has everything to do with it. Only shows up when he's brave enough and when he starts to feel things going against him out come the injury excuses.

Your reasoning is pathetic. Haye was a huge favourite against Bellew so that shows how shit Bellew is but oh wait he got pummelled out the ring!

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So in summary tonight we have had

2 nobodies at the very start of the night
    1 bloke with a concrete head and not a lot else
    1 old man against an young upcoming prospect
    another old man against a young upcoming prospect
    a rather strange in ring interview with George Groves and Luke Campbell when they realised they had fucked the card up
    2 birds
    a crippled heavyweight against an average cruiserweight

Cheers Eddie

Still it saved me from staring at the walls for 6 hours I suppose.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    So in summary tonight we have had

2 nobodies at the very start of the night
    1 bloke with a concrete head and not a lot else
    1 old man against an young upcoming prospect
    another old man against a young upcoming prospect
    a rather strange in ring interview with George Groves and Luke Campbell when they realised they had fucked the card up
    2 birds
    a crippled heavyweight against an average cruiserweight

Cheers Eddie

Still it saved me from staring at the walls for 6 hours I suppose.
    You could've read a book in that time.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will eat some humble pie. It was a good fight. Bellew showed that he could take a HW punch and Haye showed he had heart by fighting on one leg. I think Bellew got very lucky though as Haye was taking over the fight after a very sloppy opening 2 rounds. I think Haye probably went into the fight with that injury as there were already rumours swirling about. Not sure about a rematch as Haye will need time out to fix that leg.

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't like Hayes haircut , but I guess I wont have to look at it again.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched it with my GF, Her mate and the two boys (11) fucking loved it.
    The Hype, The Build Up and the fight had 4 non Boxing fans shouting and screaming at the TV all the way through that and looking on my Facebook after the fight every other person i know was commenting on the fight and most are not really fight fans so this fight was great for the Sport
    Bizzare fight from my point of view but very entertaining with Haye dragging his foot around the ring like Verbal Kimp from The Usual Suspects
    Haye was so out of range early on and missing with way too many punches, he should turn it in now and retire as he's a million miles away from his best days.
    Ironic that he showed more heart in this fight than he's ever done before but that's clearly because he had no hiding place anymore....
    He either fought his ass off with a fucked ankle or quit and looked a total cunt and he knew he couldn't do that

Bellew actually told Haye to quit
    Tony Bellew: 'I asked injured Haye to stop' - BBC Sport
    Last edited by smashup; 03-05-2017 at 11:38 PM.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you also hear that they both conspired and manufactured the whole fight from a long time ago. That was why Bellew wanted to thank Haye for choosing him and ensuring his childrens future.

They now want to make a rematch.

Conniving cunts.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Did you also hear that they both conspired and manufactured the whole fight from a long time ago. That was why Bellew wanted to thank Haye for choosing him and ensuring his childrens future.

They now want to make a rematch.

Conniving cunts.

No didn't hear any of that? Where did you hear that they both want the rematch?

Haye does but Bellew/Hearn want to go after a title at Heavyweight and Hearn said that straight after the fight.

Clearly they both dislike each other but neither are stupid and realised it was a win win.

Haye got the Lions share of a 60-40 split of £7 Million last night

Haye - £4.5 Million

Bellew - £2.5 Million

Those are the rough figures if the PPV went well which i'm sure it did - Conniving Cunts or Clever Cunts?

The only cunts are the ones who buy the PPV or buy a ticket to see it live if we follow your logic surely....

I really enjoyed last night but didn't pay for my HD stream so i'm in the VERY clever Cunt bracket

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, at least the non boxing fans who watched didn't get to see an execution in the ring, and they can all go home thinking they saw a match up between two elite fighters, and a display of heart and bravery.

Of course, what they were really watching was a shot heavyweight with absolutely atrocious timing who couldn't ever hurt a domestic level cruiserweight. A guy who went into the fight with a serious injury, yet again cheating the paying public.

Bellew was heading for a wide points loss, which would in truth have been a terrible result for Haye. As soon as Haye realised he wasn't going to get the early KO ..... out comes an injury.
    Bellew only came into the fight once Haye couldn't stand properly. He showed a lack of heavyweight firepower and ironically he was the one gassing out.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I will eat some humble pie. It was a good fight. Bellew showed that he could take a HW punch and Haye showed he had heart by fighting on one leg. I think Bellew got very lucky though as Haye was taking over the fight after a very sloppy opening 2 rounds. I think Haye probably went into the fight with that injury as there were already rumours swirling about. Not sure about a rematch as Haye will need time out to fix that leg.
    i think most people are eating humble pie and thought Haye would win quickly but you can't predict injuries and that was crucial in the fight. Without the injury it looked like Haye would win because even though he was missing he was winning the fight and bellew didn't look to have anything to turn it round with. Even when Tony had an old crippled injured man infront of him, his best punches couldn't put him away, it was Shane who threw the towel in

lesson to learn for Haye is to be abit more modest, don't train on a yacht and good muscles don't mean good body. Bellew can have his moment but realistically whoever was in the ring with Haye, the injury would have still occurred, if it was Briggs and Haye got stopped, it would be a loss much harder to come back from

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Well, at least the non boxing fans who watched didn't get to see an execution in the ring, and they can all go home thinking they saw a match up between two elite fighters, and a display of heart and bravery.

Of course, what they were really watching was a shot heavyweight with absolutely atrocious timing who couldn't ever hurt a domestic level cruiserweight. A guy who went into the fight with a serious injury, yet again cheating the paying public.

Bellew was heading for a wide points loss, which would in truth have been a terrible result for Haye. As soon as Haye realised he wasn't going to get the early KO ..... out comes an injury.
    Bellew only came into the fight once Haye couldn't stand properly. He showed a lack of heavyweight firepower and ironically he was the one gassing out.

Seems a bit confused this post.

Went into the fight with a serious injury so cheating the public? So if he had pulled out in the week leading up to the fight naturally you would have been of the opinion that was the right thing to do and definitely would not have ripped the shit out of him for it?

Then you seem to suggest the injury only 'came out' when Haye realised he wasn't going to get the early KO?
    So which was it? Serious injury and shouldn't have conned the public by going ahead with the fight? Or convenient injury that only occurred when he didn't get the KO he wanted?

Agree with your assessment on what Haye does (or in fact doesn't) have left. It was poor anyway. But I think anyone saying that Haye DIDN'T show heart beyond the call is speaking from a pretty entrenched position.

Personally I've never been one or the other with Haye. Some things he does/says make me cringe. But then I think he's probably a pretty decent guy underneath it. Think he had a really good CW career but tried to fiddle his way through a HW one. Having a bit of balance means I think I can be pretty objective about what I'm seeing.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the Slow Motion clip of when Haye got injured, some think he faked it some think it was genuine

What do you think?

Slow-motion footage shows horrific extent of Haye's Achilles injury vs Bellew | GiveMeSport

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    This is the Slow Motion clip of when Haye got injured, some think he faked it some think it was genuine

What do you think?

Slow-motion footage shows horrific extent of Haye's Achilles injury vs Bellew | GiveMeSport
    I'm in the boozer at the minute and can't get that to work.
    I did watch it back last night on slow mo though and I can't see how anyone could believe it was faked, you just need to look at the motion of his foot and how the expression on his face changed.

Everyone knows I'm not hayes biggest fan but I wouldn't accuse hin of faking that

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

What do you think?

What I saw was someone so full of himself he thought he was nailed on to win early, making sure everyone knew it wasn't him that called for the fight and Bellew was going to be hospitalised. He tried his hardest to KO Bellew, who took every clean big shot off Haye without even wobbling. Haye was getting more tired and wanted to get an injury out there as a reason why he was not going to do well. It didn't account for the previous 5 and a half rounds and I'm laughing at all this Bellew couldn't beat a 1 legged fighter because he beat Haye fair and square. Haye had a big weight and strength advantage to boot.

And nd wasn't it interesting how he would forget to put the hobble on when he thought he had Bellew hurt, launching himself in to shots putting full weight on to both feet fine. Like I said, now you can see why he wanted no part of Tyson Fury but losing to Bellew just makes his career a joke.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If his Achilles had really gone they would have pulled him out between rounds, especially if he had really been having treatment for it making them fully aware of what would have happened.

Why would they think with no mobility he could go on to win when he'd already done his best work?

Are people stupid enough to believe his team thought it may heal itself during the next round?

Get real and don't swallow the bullshit. Haye looked what he is, crap.

Id like to know what Haye and McGuigan were saying to each other after the 6th.

Thread Information