Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    I'm not so sure, I thought haye won rounds 2,3 and 4 clearly and was winning 5, bellew had stopped throwing punches

2 more and I think the sparking would have come
    Agree with all of that, but for Haye to have been taken as a serious contender for a World title , he would've had to blow Bellew out of there very handily inside 5 or 6 rounds.
    Even if he hadn't got injured and eventually stopped Bellew late on, that wouldn't be good enough to suggest Haye was ready for a World title shot.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: Haye v Bellew - 4/3/17 rd-by-rd

David Haye claims he will be "heavyweight champion of world once again" and expects to return to ring this year

David Haye has made the huge claim that he will be "heavyweight champion of the world once again" in a thank-you message to his fans.

The Hayemaker suffered a shock 11th round defeat to Tony Bellew at London's O2 on March 4, and speculation the 36-year-old would retire soon followed.

But in a video message to fans, Haye ensured everybody he is on the mend and expects to be back in the ring this year.

Haye, who was WBA Heavyweight Champion from 2009 to 2011, also stated that his desire to fight is as strong as ever, adding "watch this space."

In the clip, he says: "Hello, ladies and gentleman, thank you very much for all of your amazingly positive well wishes and messages of support.

"Every single one of them has been read and digested by me.

"I will be back to my best very best very soon, I have the best people in the world looking after me, so as soon as it is humanly possible for me to get back in the ring, I will be.

"We all believe that will be before the end of 2017, which is fantastic.

"Everybody saw how much I wanted the fight whilst I was in the fight, so the question marks 'does David still want it if the going gets tough?' Yes I still want it.

"I proved to everybody I did, I am telling you all I will be the heavyweight champion of the world once again.

"Time will tell but I'm doing everything humanly possible to get back on track so watch this space."

David Haye claims he will be "heavyweight champion of world once again" and expects to return to ring this year
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I'm not so sure, I thought haye won rounds 2,3 and 4 clearly and was winning 5, bellew had stopped throwing punches

Agree with all of that, but for Haye to have been taken as a serious contender for a World title , he would've had to blow Bellew out of there very handily inside 5 or 6 rounds.
    Even if he hadn't got injured and eventually stopped Bellew late on, that wouldn't be good enough to suggest Haye was ready for a World title shot.
    I see where youre coming from

thing is, id like to see the fight again because I think the injury was there well before the fight and haye was unable to train, he was clearly fit but it didn't look like he had done much boxing

I might be wrong, they might fight again and it might take him 10 rounds to get to bellew which would prove what you are saying
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thing is, id like to see the fight again because I think the injury was there well before the fight and haye was unable to train, he was clearly fit but it didn't look like he had done much boxing

I might be wrong, they might fight again and it might take him 10 rounds to get to bellew which would prove what you are saying
    I would watch the fight again but I don't think I'd pay for it next time, I can imagine it being a bit of a damp squib in the build up, they can't run around threatening to decapitate each other and kill each others kids and stuff now that they have pretty much declared their undying love for each other, the rematch would largely rely on revenge without the animosity.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

I would watch the fight again but I don't think I'd pay for it next time, I can imagine it being a bit of a damp squib in the build up, they can't run around threatening to decapitate each other and kill each others kids and stuff now that they have pretty much declared their undying love for each other, the rematch would largely rely on revenge without the animosity.
    You watch them build up this to be another based on the injury, where Haye would say it made the difference and Bellew saying it did not and that he had his own injury to contend with.

Suckers like eric with fall for it and it will end up as another PPV box office fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't really watched the build up of any fight

press conferences don't really interest me

so what ever they say usually makes little difference to my opinion, I watch the odd video that's it

going into the first fight I watched next to nothing and was neutral
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't really watched the build up of any fight

press conferences don't really interest me

so what ever they say usually makes little difference to my opinion, I watch the odd video that's it

going into the first fight I watched next to nothing and was neutral

You still have a video ? is it beta or VHS ?
    They have things called DVD's now you should try one.

Thread Information