Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Haye v Bellew - 4/3/17 rd-by-rd

Bellew sounds like he's lost this already to me - “If we just talk about him as a fighter, he’s f**king brilliant. As a person, he’s a piece of s**t.”

Total missmatch on paper i know but Haye only has to get a stunning KO and he rockets right back into the deep end of the Heavyweight division and probably a world title fight.

This'll sell well on PPV too as people love a grudge match and this 100% ends in a KO.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/boxing/tony-bellews-head-head-warning-12633137

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...rning-12633137
    Last edited by Master; 02-22-2017 at 02:15 AM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: Haye v Bellew - 4/3/17 rd-by-rd

Tony Bellew is miles better than I ever give him credit for

I think he has a lot more of a chance than most are saying
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only chance Bellew has is if he survives first few rounds and Haye gasses down the stretch - he may have been in the ring for about six minutes over past few years but I can't see him not being 100%.

I can't see other than a Haye KO win in rounds 1-2, much like the Enzo fight

But yes I'm a mug and I'll be paying for it
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Tony Bellew is miles better than I ever give him credit for

I think he has a lot more of a chance than most are saying

Bellew got a beating, knocked down then stopped by Adonis Stevenson - a Light Heavyweight
    He was eating the left hand all through that fight and Haye not only has serious Heavyweight power in his right hand but also a hard left hook that's done some real damage a few times before.
    I don't see anyway Bellew can take Hayes power.... Bellews gameplan should be to bum rush Haye from the opening seconds and try and land some bombs instead of trying to weather a shit storm and hope Haye gasses out.

Haye looks in seriously good shape for this too, the best shape i've seen him in for a long time

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing...rainer-9795812
    Last edited by smashup; 02-22-2017 at 02:04 AM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think you can compare the bellew at LHW and the bellew at CW

theres a huge difference physically and the way he fights, its like a completely different fighter in the ring

and rushing haye would be daft

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    The only chance Bellew has is if he survives first few rounds and Haye gasses down the stretch - he may have been in the ring for about six minutes over past few years but I can't see him not being 100%.

I can't see other than a Haye KO win in rounds 1-2, much like the Enzo fight

But yes I'm a mug and I'll be paying for it

I think the same mate, i think he'll nail him in the 2nd and it's all over

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    I don't think you can compare the bellew at LHW and the bellew at CW

theres a huge difference physically and the way he fights, its like a completely different fighter in the ring

and rushing haye would be daft

That's all good against Cruiserweights but he's going in with a huge punching Heavyweight and is totally untested at the weight so i don't think letting Haye get his punches off is the cleverest of tactics.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lee Selby has just been added to the bill in a non title catchweight fight against Spains Andoni Gago

IBF world featherweight champion Lee Selby will appear on the David Haye-Tony Bellew undercard at the O2 Arena on March 4 in a non-title bout.
    The Welshman will face Spain’s Andoni Gago over 10 rounds at a 129lb catchweight. Selby was scheduled to fight mandatory challenger Johnny Barros on January 28 in Las Vegas but the fight fell through at the last minute due to Barros failing a medical.

To ensure Selby keeps active and his camp did not go to waste, the IBF granted him permission to box in a non-title fight while they make a decision over his mandatory obligations.
    “It was important for us to get Lee back in the ring, first and foremost. He’d been out the ring a while and he’d had a long camp,” Jamie Sanigar, Selby’s manager, told Boxing News.
    “Obviously after the disappointment of Las Vegas it was imperative we got him out quickly. It’s a good opportunity. David Haye reached out and with the links between Richard Schaefer and Al Haymon, we were able to get this opportunity for Lee. He’s back at the O2, a good hunting ground for him, he won the world title there.
    “He’s a world champion so, ideally, he wants to be defending his world title but it’s just not possible at the moment with the IBF. We’re just waiting for a decision from them. They gave us permission to box as long as it’s over the featherweight limit.”
    Selby had hoped to fight, and beat, Barros in Vegas on the Carl Frampton-Leo Santa Cruz II undercard with a view of facing the winner later this year. Santa Cruz defeated Frampton, and the Ulsterman has declared his next fight will be in Belfast, regardless of the opponent.
    In getting an appearance in next week, Selby will put himself back on track to land a big fight in the summer.
    “Lee Selby wants to be in the biggest fights possible, as soon as possible. Frampton, Santa Cruz, [Gary] Russell Jr, [Abner] Mares, that’s the four, we want to be boxing one of those four in the summer. By boxing on March 4, it puts him on the same timeline as those, and that’s critical for us. We didn’t want to be going into a big fight like that if Selby had been out for 12 months or so.”

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/lee-selby-added-to-david-haye-tony-bellew-undercard-in-non-title-bout/

Last edited by smashup; 02-22-2017 at 05:08 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just looked at Smash's link with the photo of Haye.

Goodnight Tony

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frank Buglioni has just signed with Matchroom and is also added to the bill

The 'Wise Guy' will take on Ricky Summers before the heavyweight battle on Saturday, March 4, live on Sky Sports Box Office.

Buglioni (19-2-1-15KOs) ripped the British title from Hosea Burton in Manchester in December on the night Anthony Joshua blew Eric Molina away, and is delighted to join Eddie Hearn's growing stable.
    "I wanted to get the British title and prove to myself and the fans that I was championship material and could put on a performance," he said.

"I was very impressed with the whole set-up for the Burton fight with Sky Sports, the build-up was great and as soon as the offer came from Eddie I jumped at it as Matchroom and Sky Sports are putting on great shows all year round, this is the platform to be on.
    "I've worked hard to get the British title and I want to win it outright, I don't think that it's been done for over 25 years in my division, so I really want to achieve that. I'm looking to get this one out of the way and look for two more defences to make that happen.
    "There's no such thing as an easy British title defence as anyone that fights for the title is going to give it everything they've got. It's one of the best belts out there and it means so much to win it - Hosea and I proved back in December just how much fighters give in order to land it."
    Buglioni has spent most of his career at super-middleweight and challenged WBA regular world champion Fedor Chudinov in September 2015.
    The Enfield man moved straight up to light-heavyweight on his return and the O2 fight with unbeaten Summers (12-0-5KOs) will be his third at the weight and he has one eye on another crack at winning a world title.
    "The immediate aim is to get the belt for keeps but of course, if European or world title shots present themselves, that's something the team will consider and look at the options," he said.
    "I'm thrilled to be on the card, the main event is one that I'm really looking forward to. I rate Tony Bellew a lot, he's improved massively throughout his career, he was told he wasn't British, European or world level and he's proved all the doubters wrong.
    "David's got the experience and he's a massive puncher, so it's going to be explosive."
    Buglioni's defence against Summers has been added to a busy bill before the Haye vs Bellew brawl, with Ohara Davies defending his WBC Silver super-lightweight title against Merseyside favourite Derry Mathews and Sam Eggington facing the biggest night of his career against former two-weight world champion Paulie Malignaggi.
    The sensational Katie Taylor will be making her debut at The O2 in her third fight since turning professional, with more names added to the bumper bill.

Frank Buglioni on O2 card after signing for Matchroom | Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko | Boxing News & Betting | Sporting Life

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye should stomp him. This can be exciting for a few rounds.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Haye should stomp him. This can be exciting for a few rounds.
    it can be exciting for a few rounds

if we get 4 or 5 rounds of exciting action ill be happy

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It really is genius that Haye has fought two cream puffs with grossly inflated records and now has a massive payday gimme fight with Bellew, who looked headed down the same path to never quite made it to the top territory with Martin Murray and the gang. Granted, I greatly admire Murray's toughness and boxing ability, but you know what I mean. Anyway now Bellew is a movie star n about to make a ton of money as Hayes latest patsy. Fuckin Haye is a brilliant self promoter.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah, Murray hasn't really played it the way you would want to play it has he

and as a result he has never really made it

His biggest fights have been Martinez in Argentina, Sturm in Germany, Golovkin, AA in Germany

I think the Groves fight was a mistake too, maybe a calculated risk but probably not the way you would want to build a fighter at a new weight

whilst haye's biggest earning fights? Macrinelli? Harrison? Bellew?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    It really is genius that Haye has fought two cream puffs with grossly inflated records and now has a massive payday gimme fight with Bellew, who looked headed down the same path to never quite made it to the top territory with Martin Murray and the gang. Granted, I greatly admire Murray's toughness and boxing ability, but you know what I mean. Anyway now Bellew is a movie star n about to make a ton of money as Hayes latest patsy. Fuckin Haye is a brilliant self promoter.
    I'll agree with that - probably the best self promoter I've seen after Floyd

Thread Information