Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: London Olympian Joshua Buatsi should be turning pro in March - still unsigned

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default London Olympian Joshua Buatsi should be turning pro in March - still unsigned

Olympic Bronze medallist and one of the stand out fighters of all the boxers at Rio was South Londons Joshua Buasti.
    The Hard punching, aggressive come forward fighter has denied the big rumours that he's already signed with Matchroom/Eddie Hearn and states that nothing has been decided yet.

Been seriously looking forward to this fella turning pro and I think he's got the tools to go all the way

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: London Olympian Joshua Buatsi should be turning pro in March - still unsigned

Comes across as a nice fella. I thought it was ironic that the professional boxing hating BBC got excited about a boxer violently chinning bods at the olympics.

Question - What would you be doing if it wasn't for boxing? "I have a degree in management and sports science, i'd be working earning money." Not what the young IFL bod was expecting.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: London Olympian Joshua Buatsi should be turning pro in March - still unsigned

Yeah he does seem a good guy and I've heard that from several other journos/reporters.
    This is the guy i am most excited about in the future of UK Boxing, he's already got the attacking side sewn up and is a devastating finisher with serious KO power, even with the big gloves he's dropping people hard.

He's already fighting like a Pro so hopefully he'll get with a decent trainer (I'm hoping he stays in the UK - maybe McCracken) I'm pretty sure Ringstar (Haye/Schaefer) would have been sniffing around him too but with no news on which TV Network they'll be fighting on that might make it unattractive at this moment in time.

Matchroom/Boxnation are gimmes to have already approached him.

The fact he caught the eye of Floyd Mayweather who was ringside at Rio for a few of his fights (they chatted for a while after too) makes me wonder if he's already had the offer from Floyd and is just biding his time and weighing up the UK offers first?
    Would be great to see Floyd take him under his wing and school him in the art of defensive boxing to add to his already natural attacking style.
    Either way i can honestly see JB at the very least challenging for a World Title if not winning one in the next 3-4 years

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exclusive: Josh Buatsi closing in on decision regarding pro move

Basically a 2 horse race between Warren and Hearn and who makes him the best offe

The Olympian has kept coy over his next move in boxing but will make an announcement at the end of the month to decide his fate. The light-heavyweight confirmed there has been big interest from promoters Frank Warren and Eddie Hearn, but is yet to decide on whether he will turn professional or carry on as an amateur to fight at the Olympics in Tokyo.

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2017/...rding-pro-move
    Last edited by Master; 03-23-2017 at 03:38 AM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

now boxnation is on btsport and bt sport has all of the football, he probably would get good exposure with Warren
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Thread Information