Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gennady Golovkin v Daniel Jacobs - 18/3/17 MSG

This is from a few days ago - Serious, Serious power going into these punches and both hands too, the left looks harder than the right at times.
    Love the way he turns his knuckles in to add more power.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Those are bombs that GGG throws.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That looping overhand is not something I remember him practicing before. hmmm.. could just be me. Jacobs may find it familiar though..
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    I'm not even sure we'd be having this conversation if Quinlin didn't come in so cold and starstruck. (Kudos to Jacobs for being ready and mauling crazy legs though to seize the moment). Jacobs has a great story and maybe him playing the race card on whys hes not selling out arenas has soured me, but I'm rooting for GGG on this one. Something about Jacobs having like 3 trainers now (with hunter and ward now in on gameplan) and algieri hired as the nutritionist just makes it seem like Jacobs haggled so he would have enough money to feel like he could buy the win or at least tilt the ring in his favor feel cheap. That tells me he already thought he wasn't good enough to win as is. It may all come rushing back when he gets hit.

Also If I'm Abel Sanchez, I bottle some of Jacobs offense/"power" by putting a word in the refs ear during the prefight instructions about those punches to the back of the head and pushes that happened in the fray to mora and quinlin.
    LOL did not realise about the race thing or getting in additional people which means he gets less money.
    The race thing kinda left me a little shocked and disappointed because Jacobs never seemed like a guy that wanted take the low or easy road. Then it was like poor me, its so hard as black fighter to sell out arenas when you're not faking a persona like mayweather did... like the KO at the hands of Pirog, getting dropped by Mora or telling everyone he needed a year before he was ready when GGG offered him a shot at the brass ring... had nothing to do with it.

As for the money thing, I can't blame anyone for asking about a raise. At the same time, he thought about not taking the fight (his perceived destiny) unless he was paid more. Then after going back and forth and leveraging the stripping possibility against golovkin (which i didnt get seeing as GGG was fine with the mandatory 75/25 split and it was jacobs who was hemming and hawing) he finally gets more money for doing us the favor of him resuming his pursuit of his destiny/legacy whatever... but lets hire Virgil hunter as a second trainer and Algieri as a nutritionist.. which probably brought the money he clears back down the original figure. Oh as long as Andre ward is still chirping at golovkin from the semi retirement sidelines.. lets bring him into camp and have him show me how to beat golovkin... Whats next? Jacobs gonna fly in saunders for the price of a caravan to start the boo chants at the fight?
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where to watch Gennady Golovkin vs Danny Jacobs in the UK

THE highly-anticipated championship blockbuster between middleweight kingpin and one of the world’s very best pound-for-pound stars Gennady ‘GGG’ Golovkin and WBA champion Daniel Jacobs will be shown exclusively live on BoxNation on Saturday March 18.
    The seismic showdown at the iconic Madison Square Garden will pit two of boxing’s biggest punchers against one another as the undefeated Golovkin faces his toughest test to date against mandatory challenger Jacobs.

Unified champion Golovkin will be looking to continue his reign of terror over the 160-pound division as he aims to overcome 30-year-old Jacobs to add to his impressive string of victories which has seen him collect the WBC, WBA ‘Super’ and IBF titles along the way.
    36 men have heartily tried to dethrone the Kazakh king and all 36 have returned battle weary and defeated – 33 of those brutally by knockout.
    But in Jacobs there lies a man who is ready to lay his claim to the middleweight kingdom and depose Golovkin in a similarly savage manner as those who have previously rebelled against the 34-year-old’s rule.
    Jacobs’ impressive résumé has seen him win all but one of his 33 fights, with 29 of those coming by way of knockout.
    His 2015 destruction of the much respected Peter Quillin ranks high on his list of wins and Golovkin will be well aware that he is unlikely to have things all his own way when they clash in what is sure to be an edge-of-the-seat-thriller.
    The victor of this fight will hold all the belts at middleweight except the WBO version, which belongs to Britain’s skilled and undefeated Billy Joe Saunders, who will no doubt be gunning for the winner.
    “I love fighting at Madison Square Garden, it feels like my second home”, said Golovkin. “Danny is a great fighter, one of the best middleweights and a big test for me. I look forward to another ‘Big Drama Show’ in New York City.”
    Stated Jacobs: “I’m excited about facing Gennady and proving I’m the best middleweight in the world. On March 18th I’m bringing all the belts back to Brooklyn with me.”
    “We’re very excited to promote this outstanding matchup of the two best middleweights in the world, Gennady Golovkin and Danny Jacobs,” said Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions. “It doesn’t get any better than this, the world middleweight championship at ‘The Mecca of Boxing’ – it’s truly going to be a memorable evening.”
    Jim McMunn, BoxNation Managing Director, said: “We are delighted to be able to showcase this much anticipated middleweight world title clash exclusively live on BoxNation. This is without doubt one of the very best fights of the year, with BoxNation subscribers getting the chance to see one of the world’s elite fighters in Gennady Golovkin as he takes on a very dangerous champion in Daniel Jacobs. These are two guys who can bang and are known for getting the job done in spectacular fashion – it is a battle not to be missed!”

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone know if this is sold out yet?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd be amazed if it didn't, 5000 tickets were made available for just $100 each plus Jacobs is from Brooklyn.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I'd be amazed if it didn't, 5000 tickets were made available for just $100 each plus Jacobs is from Brooklyn.
    Yeah that's why I'm suprised there have been no announcements yet about a sellout. Canelo-Chavez was super quick.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jacobs hasn't got a fanbase, like most of those American fighters. It's common knowledge the promotions are always filled with comped freebies, the dough for the big fights all comes through TV money.

Buncey always says about those American fighters - "all his fans share the same taxi to the fight"

Jacobs recently blamed not having any fans on racism. Hmmm...
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would have liked to see Jacobs rematch Quillin with hometown N.Y build up in mind rather than very anti climactic Sergio Mora rematch. Anything to add heat.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why doesn't Jacobs have any fans?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie said he did the deal for Sky to show this but they let it go after Katie Taylor was pulled off the bill for legal reasons. Hence BoxNation stepping in late.

Don't care who shows the fights in Britain, BoxNation is fantastic even though I don't pay for it, but prefer Sky to have the fights as they do it all so much better. Effing nuts that Golovkin - who is clearly the current no.1 fans favourite in the world (even the silly white hating black bods constantly having a pop at him are obsessed with him) - gets bumped over Katie Taylor.

Just don't get this Katie Taylor/womens boxing stuff. Was reading/listening to all the rave reviews about her performance on saturday night, yet I thought it was the worst part of the PPV. I ain't no geezer with dinosaur views about womens boxing or anything. I think it's great, and birds like Taylor have terrific skills, but I just can't get into it. Even at the Olympics, Nicola Adams two gold medals is a great achievement, she comes across as a lovely person an all that, but the actual strength in depth looks god awful. Why would I be excited about seeing her as a pro? Oh well.. that went a bit off topic, back in the day missy would have been giving me a hiding for this
    Last edited by Fenster; 03-08-2017 at 09:36 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jacobs hasn't got any fans cos he's a black American fighter. The only ones that have a big following are the bling-bling merchants, or so it seems, and even those don't sell any tickets.

(this is the reason i've heard/read from respected mixed race American writers)

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see people scratching their heads about why GGG-Jacobs isn't selling as well as Canelo-Chavez Jr... and it just makes me scratch my own head.

GGG is an established star and a pretty big draw in his own right, but Jacobs is largely unknown. Why? It isn't cause he's black, or any other nonsense like that. It's because he's not a loudmouth, obnoxious character like Mayweather. It's because he doesn't run his mouth and talks more than he does, like a Haye. Both of these are hugely popular.

GGG-Jacobs is a FAR more compelling and relevant fight than Canelo-Chavez Jr could ever be. But why the disparity in attention? Because Mexican stars have humongous followings that are immune to any shortcomings their heroes may have... and couldn't give less of a shit about a fight's relevance.

Thread Information