Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gennady Golovkin v Daniel Jacobs - 18/3/17 MSG

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    I honestly think canelo will beat golovkin now.. golovkin has a lot of good stuff going for him... he really doesnt like body shots and canelo is great at those, golovkin cuts of the ring well, canelo doesnt but will he need to when fighting someone like golovkin ? I think canelo stops golovkin

I think this was the right decision by the judges btw

I'm hoping Canelo sees it the same way as you.
    So do I because GGG wrecks Canelo if they get in the ring. Style wise Canelo offers very little resistance against GGG.
    I think so too. Canelo fights in spurts and has slow feet. Golovkin should be able to bust him up and maybe stop him with his power. People are dissing GGG, but seem to underappreciate that Jacobs might be one of the best fighters in the world.
    Has Canelo ever even been hurt in a fight really and i do not think he has been dropped either. I am starting to think he going to have 15 pounds on GGG as well and if he can not hurt him he is going to be deep shit.
    He isn't hard to hit and Golovkin will be the hardest puncher he has faced. I struggle to see Golovkin not having an effect on that head. Golovkin hurts anyone he gets in there with. Jacobs did well because he can move and is smart. I don't think Canelo is a smart fighter.
    I am just going off what i seen in the fights and i never seen Canelo hurt and he is going be over 180 pounds if he hydrating from 160 limit be good fight regardless. I still want to see a rematch with Jacobs though so that fine as well.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not a fan of Jacobs although I give him huge respect for his performance in that fight. I had him winning. The best I could give Golovkin would be a draw.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I honestly think canelo will beat golovkin now.. golovkin has a lot of good stuff going for him... he really doesnt like body shots and canelo is great at those, golovkin cuts of the ring well, canelo doesnt but will he need to when fighting someone like golovkin ? I think canelo stops golovkin

So do I because GGG wrecks Canelo if they get in the ring. Style wise Canelo offers very little resistance against GGG.
    I think so too. Canelo fights in spurts and has slow feet. Golovkin should be able to bust him up and maybe stop him with his power. People are dissing GGG, but seem to underappreciate that Jacobs might be one of the best fighters in the world.
    Has Canelo ever even been hurt in a fight really and i do not think he has been dropped either. I am starting to think he going to have 15 pounds on GGG as well and if he can not hurt him he is going to be deep shit.
    He isn't hard to hit and Golovkin will be the hardest puncher he has faced. I struggle to see Golovkin not having an effect on that head. Golovkin hurts anyone he gets in there with. Jacobs did well because he can move and is smart. I don't think Canelo is a smart fighter.
    I am just going off what i seen in the fights and i never seen Canelo hurt and he is going be over 180 pounds if he hydrating from 160 limit be good fight regardless. I still want to see a rematch with Jacobs though so that fine as well.
    ive seen canelo wobbled when he fought cottos bro
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Depends on how serious you want to take it, but I came across this.
    Witness: Golovkin Hurt Canelo Twice in Sparring - Ring Observer

In boxing time, it did happen a long time ago. So maybe you can attribute it to Cañelo being green.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bunce: Golovkin doesn’t make my all-time top five
    Boxing pundit Steve Bunce says undefeated middleweight world champion Gennady Golovkin wouldn’t make his all-time top five boxers, but would make his top 10.

Golovkin has won all 37 of his fights, with his latest victory coming against Daniel Jacobs.

“My feeling was, if he takes care of Jacobs, he makes my top 10,” said Bunce.

“He doesn’t make the top five of my top 10, he makes my top 10.

“I don’t think he climbs up that ladder from the top of the top 10, to anywhere near the top five at the moment, and irrespective of what he does in the future,” he added.

This clip is from 5 live Boxing with Costello and Bunce, first broadcast on Tuesday 21 March 2017.

BBC Radio 5 live - In Short, Bunce: Golovkin doesn’t make my all-time top five
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

ive seen canelo wobbled when he fought cottos bro
    I do not recall that if you remember a clip were he was clearly hurt and have it i be down to watch it. Do you remember what round he was wobbled in because i do not at all and it must of been pretty quick.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

here you go
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still see Golovkin beating Canelo. I do feel however that it is a much more competitive battle than we originally anticipated. 160 might just be getting a little life in it now. GGG, Jacobs, BJS, Lee, Lemieux, Charlo, Derevyanchenko, the N'Jikam/ Murata winner, Sulecki, CEJ floating around.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah it's safe to say the Middleweight division has gone full circle and is coming good again, it's always produced brilliant and exciting fighters because you get that perfect mix of KO power and speed and it makes people watch because the guys fighting are your average sized human male and easy to relate to.
    Shame Golovkin is nearly 35 really.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG just had an off night, how much of that is due to age, weight difference or just Jacobs ability we will never know. I had GGG winning narrowly and he was frustrated.

If they are going to persist with weigh ins the day before then why isn't the weigh in exactly 24 hours before the fight? What is this midday or 1pm bullshit?

Is this not enough time to give the athlete a chance to put all the water weight back on? Or is it just so promoters get a chance to deal with fighters that miss weight?

Why can't they have the weigh in at 9 or 10pm the previous night approximately 24 hours before fight time? Instead they get 34 or 35 hours? IMO that is too much time between weigh in and fight time.

That was not a Middleweight contest we witnessed.
    Last edited by THE THIRD MAN; 03-22-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think all commissions and sanctioning bodies should implement re-hydration stipulations like the IBF does. It will force more fighters to fight closer to their natural divisions.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I think all commissions and sanctioning bodies should implement re-hydration stipulations like the IBF does. It will force more fighters to fight closer to their natural divisions.
    The only problem with that is i can see even more fights getting cancelled which is not a option i think they will take. IF you can make the cut then you are in division i really do not care how much the re hydrate to. If a person is cutting weight and not having a problem or getting caught cheating then i do not see the problem with it. Some guys are not good at cutting and can not take the strain but others just can like anything just a advantage they try to gain.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Defending against the likes of Matthew Hatton and Ryan Rhodes helps.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The only problem with that is i can see even more fights getting cancelled which is not a option i think they will take. IF you can make the cut then you are in division i really do not care how much the re hydrate to. If a person is cutting weight and not having a problem or getting caught cheating then i do not see the problem with it. Some guys are not good at cutting and can not take the strain but others just can like anything just a advantage they try to gain.
    If fights get cancelled then promoters and networks will be weary of working with those fighters that miss weight. Sure some guys can do it but it doesn't make it right. It is also unhealthy. Not to mention the potential risks involved when one guy out weighs the other by a large margin. If everyone involved took a stand they would have no choice but to follow suit.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All that matters is that both fighters are on board so it's a level playing field. You can't have one guy making sure he doesn't blow up too much and the other saying fuck it I won't bother. There's a lot to like about Jacobs but what he did was dirty, there's no two ways about it as far as I'm concerned. Still staggers me that given all we know, people will still try and cripple their opponent on the scales and the endorsement that practice receives from the boxing fraternity at large.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information