530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gennady Golovkin v Daniel Jacobs - 18/3/17 MSG

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I don't really think this is as big a deal as people make out. Both fighters weigh in at the same time, and have exactly the same amount of time to re hydrate. Some guys can shift weight more easily than others, I just see that as one of many possible genetic advantages that come into play. It's like saying it's unfair some guys recover from hard training faster than others. Pretty well everything about boxing as a whole is extremely bad for you, if your main concern is the health of the fighters, the only reasonable solution would be to ban the sport entirely.
    Pretty much this i think it is nuts that they are putting a limit to how much you can re hydrate to when you made the cut for the weight. If people do not like the weight gain they do now should go back to the same day weigh ins.

Some people have pretty good arguments against same day weigh ins, but I'd rather have that, instead of the travesty of IV-aided re-hydrations of 20 pounds and more. Travesty, because it's a way to cheat the system and obtain the size differentials that make the fights unfair. A good big guy will always beat a good little guy, all else being equal.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I don't really think this is as big a deal as people make out. Both fighters weigh in at the same time, and have exactly the same amount of time to re hydrate. Some guys can shift weight more easily than others, I just see that as one of many possible genetic advantages that come into play. It's like saying it's unfair some guys recover from hard training faster than others. Pretty well everything about boxing as a whole is extremely bad for you, if your main concern is the health of the fighters, the only reasonable solution would be to ban the sport entirely.
    Pretty much this i think it is nuts that they are putting a limit to how much you can re hydrate to when you made the cut for the weight. If people do not like the weight gain they do now should go back to the same day weigh ins.

Some people have pretty good arguments against same day weigh ins, but I'd rather have that, instead of the travesty of IV-aided re-hydrations of 20 pounds and more. Travesty, because it's a way to cheat the system and obtain the size differentials that make the fights unfair. A good big guy will always beat a good little guy, all else being equal.
    Pretty much the on same page for the most part i say either let them re hydrate or make it same day i do not want to add more clauses. If you make the weight i do not think they should control what you can gain back.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty much the on same page for the most part i say either let them re hydrate or make it same day i do not want to add more clauses. If you make the weight i do not think they should control what you can gain back.

I'd say same day, then. I'm tired of seeing fighters get famous for the wrong reasons. You beat guys your own size, or you don't.... and let the chips fall where they may. I suspect a least one very well known fighter (maybe two) would be just an ordinary Joe under those conditions.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd say same day, then. I'm tired of seeing fighters get famous for the wrong reasons. You beat guys your own size, or you don't.... and let the chips fall where they may. I suspect a least one very well known fighter (maybe two) would be just an ordinary Joe under those conditions.
    I fine either way i just do not want more clause to the weight make it one way or the other. As for Canelo i do not feel he is shit like you do and he has done a lot for young age but were going to have wait till his career ends.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kinda defeats the purpose of weight divisions. I think someone else mentioned that. It was a light-heavy vs a super-middle. I would like to see same day weigh ins but failing that then a re-hydration clause should be the norm. Start hitting these guys where it hurts (in the pocket) fine them for over-weighing, give most of it to the opponent, hell even hand out suspensions if need be.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Kinda defeats the purpose of weight divisions. I think someone else mentioned that. It was a light-heavy vs a super-middle. I would like to see same day weigh ins but failing that then a re-hydration clause should be the norm. Start hitting these guys where it hurts (in the pocket) fine them for over-weighing, give most of it to the opponent, hell even hand out suspensions if need be.
    I would go one step further and make it a criminal offence.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I fine either way i just do not want more clause to the weight make it one way or the other. As for Canelo i do not feel he is shit like you do and he has done a lot for young age but were going to have wait till his career ends.

I don't think he's shit, I think he's manufactured. Without the coddling and constant weight advantages he's been afforded, he's ordinary. The GGG travesty has taken away any respect I may have had for him and his team. Here's a chance to finally fight someone your own size where it might be a competitive and entertaining match.... and yet all excuses in the book are used to avoid the fight, or drag GGG down to a weight where he's not comfortable. Meanwhile, GGG takes on any and all comers. Also, the world knows Canelo can not only fight at full-blown MW, but even above that.

Actually, you were right the first time. I do think he's shit.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Believe it or not, I think we'd have a lot more deaths in the ring because some of these fighters are ignorant or take chances (at least at first) in trying to rehydrate in a few hours. Hydration is more about what you drank yesterday than what you drank today. So some of these dudes would cut like crazy and then water log them selves after the weigh in only to discover their body can't absorb it as fast as they are drinking it. They'll piss like a race horse and wash away they're electrolytes unless they're eating like crazy too. They'll walk into the ring still dehydrated and be more prone to bleeding on the brain from their brains rattling around in their skull like a marble in an empty canteen .
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Believe it or not, I think we'd have a lot more deaths in the ring because some of these fighters are ignorant or take chances (at least at first) in trying to rehydrate in a few hours. Hydration is more about what you drank yesterday than what you drank today. So some of these dudes would cut like crazy and then water log them selves after the weigh in only to discover their body can't absorb it as fast as they are drinking it. They'll piss like a race horse and wash away they're electrolytes unless they're eating like crazy too. They'll walk into the ring still dehydrated and be more prone to bleeding on the brain from their brains rattling around in their skull like a marble in an empty canteen .
    I agrre with this. That's why I feel a re-hydration clause would be better.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think he's shit, I think he's manufactured. Without the coddling and constant weight advantages he's been afforded, he's ordinary. The GGG travesty has taken away any respect I may have had for him and his team. Here's a chance to finally fight someone your own size where it might be a competitive and entertaining match.... and yet all excuses in the book are used to avoid the fight, or drag GGG down to a weight where he's not comfortable. Meanwhile, GGG takes on any and all comers. Also, the world knows Canelo can not only fight at full-blown MW, but even above that.

Actually, you were right the first time. I do think he's shit.
    He's real good, but there's definitely a lot we've been deceived about his real skills via the tremendous publicity stunts Oscar did shell over him.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you must check this for see the all boxing fight
    Boxing Event Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko Live Streaming - Yo Sports

Thread Information