Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  162
Dislikes Dislikes:  1

Poll: Joshua v Klitschko - Outcome?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ-Wlad - Wembley

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko - 29/4/17 Wembley Stadium

I am a little surprised at how many either don't like AJ or would want to dislike him.
    Maybe it's because of Eddie Hearn, or maybe because he's champ but we don't know how good he is.
    I know he's not proved much yet, but I don't think that's his fault.
    I would've thought the Brits would be all over him. After all, what's not to like?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And the answer is I don't know but I don't dislike him.

It maybe that I'll never get behind a fighter again like I did Benn and Lewis back in the day.

Maybe it's because they're all multi millionaires after a handful of fights these days without proving their pedigree.

I hate the modern footballer too

But admittedly it's not their fault.

AJ win and then Bellew will blow him out inside of two rounds at Goodison Park
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

It maybe that I'll never get behind a fighter again like I did Benn and Lewis back in the day.

Maybe it's because they're all multi millionaires after a handful of fights these days without proving their pedigree.

I know what you mean about being multi millionaires without proving themselves or even being any good. That's why I can't take to the likes of Eubank Jr. BJS, Khan etc.
    I personally don't put AJ in their bracket, but each to their own. It just surprises me.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that for me at least the media machine played a big part in it.
    When sky try to force me to like someone often the opposite happens

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

I know what you mean about being multi millionaires without proving themselves or even being any good. That's why I can't take to the likes of Eubank Jr. BJS, Khan etc.
    I personally don't put AJ in their bracket, but each to their own. It just surprises me.
    they deserve the money don't they?

Think of the stress they go through with the media and the press conferences and selling the fight and the fame and all that

most people get stressed a bit of a disagreement at work, or a fall out on an internet forum

and the training doesn't get any tougher, and then they risk their lives in the ring
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am a little surprised at how many either don't like AJ or would want to dislike him.
    Maybe it's because of Eddie Hearn, or maybe because he's champ but we don't know how good he is.
    I would've thought the Brits would be all over him. After all, what's not to like?
    I think AJ has had it relatively easy and the path to the world title has been without too many issues. To win a world title should mean the fighter going at least to points before they become champion.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think AJ has had it relatively easy and the path to the world title has been without too many issues. To win a world title should mean the fighter going at least to points before they become champion.
    What, so you equate the longer a fight goes as to how tough a fight is? So Tyson Fury went to points absorbing an average of 4 punches a round, whereas someone could have a tough fight that went 8 or 9 rounds and had moments when they were in deep water and came out the other end.
    you need to get into your head that AJ has a lot of power and this is the heavyweights. He may NEVER go 12 rounds! I'm not saying he is gonna knock everybody out, he may get KO'd or stopped himself.
    Does he need to extend a fight so it goes the distance, just so people can feel he is progressing?
    Usually when people use this line of critique, it's so that when they eventually do go the distance, people can have something to pick holes in, which is a bit negative imo.
    for the record, I reckon he'll do 12 rounds comfortably, but we may never find out.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    What, so you equate the longer a fight goes as to how tough a fight is? So Tyson Fury went to points absorbing an average of 4 punches a round, whereas someone could have a tough fight that went 8 or 9 rounds and had moments when they were in deep water and came out the other end.
    you need to get into your head that AJ has a lot of power and this is the heavyweights. He may NEVER go 12 rounds! I'm not saying he is gonna knock everybody out, he may get KO'd or stopped himself.
    Does he need to extend a fight so it goes the distance, just so people can feel he is progressing?
    Usually when people use this line of critique, it's so that when they eventually do go the distance, people can have something to pick holes in, which is a bit negative imo.
    for the record, I reckon he'll do 12 rounds comfortably, but we may never find out.
    I think AJ can do 12 rounds comfortably because he can fight at a high pace but just seems unnatural that we have a heavyweight champion that has never gone the distance. The fact that he has Eddie Hearn (Simon Cowell of boxing) smiling in the background makes it even more intolerable.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're right Master Joshua is cheating by knocking these opponents out and not giving them a chanc of getting to final bell
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Master i do seriously wonder about how much fight knowledge you actually posses?

Your saying a fighter shouldn't be awarded/deserve a Heavyweight title belt because he hasn't been the distance?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Master i do seriously wonder about how much fight knowledge you actually posses?

Your saying a fighter shouldn't be awarded/deserve a Heavyweight title belt because he hasn't been the distance?
    No.

I am saying AJ has been largely untested and yet he has won a version of the heavyweight title, defended it twice and still not gone the distance. Never in the history of the division has that happened.

I am not saying that is AJ's fault but shows you how bad the division is that to happen.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I too would not put AJ in their bracket yet either. Khan has faced a lot sterner opposition than AJ and whilst he has frittered away the tail end of his career he fought his way to where he is love him or hate him. BJS again whilst not really having the portfolio he should have is a very gifted boxer, way more in his arsenal than AJ will probably ever have and that's not knocking Joshua it's just a fact. I don't really get what point you are supposed to be making. You talk about Brits in the third person as though they are just one big amalgam. AJ seems pretty popular amongst both 'casuals' and hardcore fans who while not necessarily seeing a great deal of depth yet other than his ability to spark people out , respect his honesty and respect for boxing. It's nice to have a guy without a big mouth but he is never going to make the big headlines Guys like Fury, Haye, Mayweather etc do because his whole persona is built around avoiding controversy which the other guys feed on.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its easy to dislike AJ. He's a right big good looking rich bastard.

This fight and the build up to it is going to be epic. Ross will be back slagging off Joshua at every opportunity and making it all about Fury. Lyle will be firmly in Wlad's corner fending off the consensus that says Wlad is going byebyes.

I cant wait as it heats up.

I've always said that Joshua wins the fight, but he'll be there to be hit so Wlad has a window to get his offence going.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

those saying AJ comes across like this and that? common dudes, most of you lot would come across as cocks if interviewed on national TV

and how can you not like him? 18 fights 18 KOs, don't we watch boxing to watch fighters who get in the ring and smash people in the face really hard
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    those saying AJ comes across like this and that? common dudes, most of you lot would come across as cocks if interviewed on national TV

and how can you not like him? 18 fights 18 KOs, don't we watch boxing to watch fighters who get in the ring and smash people in the face really hard
    I'd come across as cool as a cucumber in a nuns can't if I was interviewed on telly.

18 fights against nobody worth mentioning, once he has proven himself worthy of the adulation that sky and the media give him the people's opinions might change

Thread Information