Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  162
Dislikes Dislikes:  1

Poll: Joshua v Klitschko - Outcome?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 517

Thread: AJ-Wlad - Wembley

Share/Bookmark
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,263
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    635
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko - 29/4/17 Wembley Stadium

    maybe he hasn't fought anyone amazing

    everyone he ha fought tho he has hit in the face really really hard
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    409
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko - 29/4/17 Wembley Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    And the answer is I don't know but I don't dislike him.


    It maybe that I'll never get behind a fighter again like I did Benn and Lewis back in the day.

    Maybe it's because they're all multi millionaires after a handful of fights these days without proving their pedigree.

    I hate the modern footballer too

    But admittedly it's not their fault.

    AJ win and then Bellew will blow him out inside of two rounds at Goodison Park
    I know what you mean about being multi millionaires without proving themselves or even being any good. That's why I can't take to the likes of Eubank Jr. BJS, Khan etc.
    I personally don't put AJ in their bracket, but each to their own. It just surprises me.
    I too would not put AJ in their bracket yet either. Khan has faced a lot sterner opposition than AJ and whilst he has frittered away the tail end of his career he fought his way to where he is love him or hate him. BJS again whilst not really having the portfolio he should have is a very gifted boxer, way more in his arsenal than AJ will probably ever have and that's not knocking Joshua it's just a fact. I don't really get what point you are supposed to be making. You talk about Brits in the third person as though they are just one big amalgam. AJ seems pretty popular amongst both 'casuals' and hardcore fans who while not necessarily seeing a great deal of depth yet other than his ability to spark people out , respect his honesty and respect for boxing. It's nice to have a guy without a big mouth but he is never going to make the big headlines Guys like Fury, Haye, Mayweather etc do because his whole persona is built around avoiding controversy which the other guys feed on.
    My point is that AJ is going out and doing what he is supposed to do (and in some style), whereas Khan, BJS, Eubank Jr. want all the recognition and Money while doing literally fuck all.
    I also dispute that Khan has fought his way to where he is. Many years ago , he beat Maidana, and that's it. BJS and Eubank the same. BJS beat Andy Lee, Eubank has beaten nobody.
    AJ has dispatched of a World Champion by early KO to gain his title, Molina (who gave the other Champion a much harder time of it) and Brezeale , who arguably would give almost any other HW on the planet a pretty good fight, and all by KO.
    It's not his fault that he hasn't been tested, it's not like he's ducked anyone after all.
    I totally get the Hearn/Matchroom/Sky golden bollocks resentment that people would have, but again , it's not his fault.
    And while he won't get the headlines Fury, Haye and Mayweather get , with the exception of Mayweather , I bet the others, (and just about every other Boxer on the planet) would swap Bank Balances with him.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    20,156
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    991
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko - 29/4/17 Wembley Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    And the answer is I don't know but I don't dislike him.


    It maybe that I'll never get behind a fighter again like I did Benn and Lewis back in the day.

    Maybe it's because they're all multi millionaires after a handful of fights these days without proving their pedigree.

    I hate the modern footballer too

    But admittedly it's not their fault.

    AJ win and then Bellew will blow him out inside of two rounds at Goodison Park
    I know what you mean about being multi millionaires without proving themselves or even being any good. That's why I can't take to the likes of Eubank Jr. BJS, Khan etc.
    I personally don't put AJ in their bracket, but each to their own. It just surprises me.
    I too would not put AJ in their bracket yet either. Khan has faced a lot sterner opposition than AJ and whilst he has frittered away the tail end of his career he fought his way to where he is love him or hate him. BJS again whilst not really having the portfolio he should have is a very gifted boxer, way more in his arsenal than AJ will probably ever have and that's not knocking Joshua it's just a fact. I don't really get what point you are supposed to be making. You talk about Brits in the third person as though they are just one big amalgam. AJ seems pretty popular amongst both 'casuals' and hardcore fans who while not necessarily seeing a great deal of depth yet other than his ability to spark people out , respect his honesty and respect for boxing. It's nice to have a guy without a big mouth but he is never going to make the big headlines Guys like Fury, Haye, Mayweather etc do because his whole persona is built around avoiding controversy which the other guys feed on.
    My point is that AJ is going out and doing what he is supposed to do (and in some style), whereas Khan, BJS, Eubank Jr. want all the recognition and Money while doing literally fuck all.
    I also dispute that Khan has fought his way to where he is. Many years ago , he beat Maidana, and that's it. BJS and Eubank the same. BJS beat Andy Lee, Eubank has beaten nobody.
    AJ has dispatched of a World Champion by early KO to gain his title, Molina (who gave the other Champion a much harder time of it) and Brezeale , who arguably would give almost any other HW on the planet a pretty good fight, and all by KO.
    It's not his fault that he hasn't been tested, it's not like he's ducked anyone after all.
    I totally get the Hearn/Matchroom/Sky golden bollocks resentment that people would have, but again , it's not his fault.
    And while he won't get the headlines Fury, Haye and Mayweather get , with the exception of Mayweather , I bet the others, (and just about every other Boxer on the planet) would swap Bank Balances with him.
    Ha! the hate is strong Khan does not fall into the category of being "a multi millionaire without proving themselves or being any good." Igonore the fact that he was a very gifted Olympic silver medal winner and you still have to give him more credit for more than beating Maidana. You almost have to bend over backwards not to. After being poleaxed by Prescott he won the right to contend for the WBA belt by stopping Fagan and Barrera, He then beat Kotlenik to win the strap he then defended it in a consecutive run against Salita, Malinaggi,Maidana,Mckloskey,Judah then arguably beat Peterson and was robbed and then stepped into the Lions den with Garcia. Still not proved anything in your eyes? He then beats Molina, Diaz, Collazo, puts on a masterclass against Alexander then beats Algerieri before getting sparked again by a much bigger Ginger numbnutts who until the stoppage was made to like pretty inferior in boxing ability.


    I think Khan has much more than f**k all. He may not be an ATG but Loathe him or Laugh at him he has a not too shabby record and has a pretty good career to look back on and be proud of.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    409
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    And the answer is I don't know but I don't dislike him.


    It maybe that I'll never get behind a fighter again like I did Benn and Lewis back in the day.

    Maybe it's because they're all multi millionaires after a handful of fights these days without proving their pedigree.

    I hate the modern footballer too

    But admittedly it's not their fault.

    AJ win and then Bellew will blow him out inside of two rounds at Goodison Park
    I know what you mean about being multi millionaires without proving themselves or even being any good. That's why I can't take to the likes of Eubank Jr. BJS, Khan etc.
    I personally don't put AJ in their bracket, but each to their own. It just surprises me.
    I too would not put AJ in their bracket yet either. Khan has faced a lot sterner opposition than AJ and whilst he has frittered away the tail end of his career he fought his way to where he is love him or hate him. BJS again whilst not really having the portfolio he should have is a very gifted boxer, way more in his arsenal than AJ will probably ever have and that's not knocking Joshua it's just a fact. I don't really get what point you are supposed to be making. You talk about Brits in the third person as though they are just one big amalgam. AJ seems pretty popular amongst both 'casuals' and hardcore fans who while not necessarily seeing a great deal of depth yet other than his ability to spark people out , respect his honesty and respect for boxing. It's nice to have a guy without a big mouth but he is never going to make the big headlines Guys like Fury, Haye, Mayweather etc do because his whole persona is built around avoiding controversy which the other guys feed on.
    My point is that AJ is going out and doing what he is supposed to do (and in some style), whereas Khan, BJS, Eubank Jr. want all the recognition and Money while doing literally fuck all.
    I also dispute that Khan has fought his way to where he is. Many years ago , he beat Maidana, and that's it. BJS and Eubank the same. BJS beat Andy Lee, Eubank has beaten nobody.
    AJ has dispatched of a World Champion by early KO to gain his title, Molina (who gave the other Champion a much harder time of it) and Brezeale , who arguably would give almost any other HW on the planet a pretty good fight, and all by KO.
    It's not his fault that he hasn't been tested, it's not like he's ducked anyone after all.
    I totally get the Hearn/Matchroom/Sky golden bollocks resentment that people would have, but again , it's not his fault.
    And while he won't get the headlines Fury, Haye and Mayweather get , with the exception of Mayweather , I bet the others, (and just about every other Boxer on the planet) would swap Bank Balances with him.
    Ha! the hate is strong Khan does not fall into the category of being "a multi millionaire without proving themselves or being any good." Igonore the fact that he was a very gifted Olympic silver medal winner and you still have to give him more credit for more than beating Maidana. You almost have to bend over backwards not to. After being poleaxed by Prescott he won the right to contend for the WBA belt by stopping Fagan and Barrera, He then beat Kotlenik to win the strap he then defended it in a consecutive run against Salita, Malinaggi,Maidana,Mckloskey,Judah then arguably beat Peterson and was robbed and then stepped into the Lions den with Garcia. Still not proved anything in your eyes? He then beats Molina, Diaz, Collazo, puts on a masterclass against Alexander then beats Algerieri before getting sparked again by a much bigger Ginger numbnutts who until the stoppage was made to like pretty inferior in boxing ability.


    I think Khan has much more than f**k all. He may not be an ATG but Loathe him or Laugh at him he has a not too shabby record and has a pretty good career to look back on and be proud of.
    Mate, I think your post proves my point perfectly! 😄 I have to be somewhere now, but give me a couple of hours or so and I'll send you a more detailed reply.
    I can't resist leaving you with one quick thought though.....OISIN FAGIN for fucks sake!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    409
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko - 29/4/17 Wembley Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    And the answer is I don't know but I don't dislike him.


    It maybe that I'll never get behind a fighter again like I did Benn and Lewis back in the day.

    Maybe it's because they're all multi millionaires after a handful of fights these days without proving their pedigree.

    I hate the modern footballer too

    But admittedly it's not their fault.

    AJ win and then Bellew will blow him out inside of two rounds at Goodison Park
    I know what you mean about being multi millionaires without proving themselves or even being any good. That's why I can't take to the likes of Eubank Jr. BJS, Khan etc.
    I personally don't put AJ in their bracket, but each to their own. It just surprises me.
    I too would not put AJ in their bracket yet either. Khan has faced a lot sterner opposition than AJ and whilst he has frittered away the tail end of his career he fought his way to where he is love him or hate him. BJS again whilst not really having the portfolio he should have is a very gifted boxer, way more in his arsenal than AJ will probably ever have and that's not knocking Joshua it's just a fact. I don't really get what point you are supposed to be making. You talk about Brits in the third person as though they are just one big amalgam. AJ seems pretty popular amongst both 'casuals' and hardcore fans who while not necessarily seeing a great deal of depth yet other than his ability to spark people out , respect his honesty and respect for boxing. It's nice to have a guy without a big mouth but he is never going to make the big headlines Guys like Fury, Haye, Mayweather etc do because his whole persona is built around avoiding controversy which the other guys feed on.
    My point is that AJ is going out and doing what he is supposed to do (and in some style), whereas Khan, BJS, Eubank Jr. want all the recognition and Money while doing literally fuck all.
    I also dispute that Khan has fought his way to where he is. Many years ago , he beat Maidana, and that's it. BJS and Eubank the same. BJS beat Andy Lee, Eubank has beaten nobody.
    AJ has dispatched of a World Champion by early KO to gain his title, Molina (who gave the other Champion a much harder time of it) and Brezeale , who arguably would give almost any other HW on the planet a pretty good fight, and all by KO.
    It's not his fault that he hasn't been tested, it's not like he's ducked anyone after all.
    I totally get the Hearn/Matchroom/Sky golden bollocks resentment that people would have, but again , it's not his fault.
    And while he won't get the headlines Fury, Haye and Mayweather get , with the exception of Mayweather , I bet the others, (and just about every other Boxer on the planet) would swap Bank Balances with him.
    Ha! the hate is strong Khan does not fall into the category of being "a multi millionaire without proving themselves or being any good." Igonore the fact that he was a very gifted Olympic silver medal winner and you still have to give him more credit for more than beating Maidana. You almost have to bend over backwards not to. After being poleaxed by Prescott he won the right to contend for the WBA belt by stopping Fagan and Barrera, He then beat Kotlenik to win the strap he then defended it in a consecutive run against Salita, Malinaggi,Maidana,Mckloskey,Judah then arguably beat Peterson and was robbed and then stepped into the Lions den with Garcia. Still not proved anything in your eyes? He then beats Molina, Diaz, Collazo, puts on a masterclass against Alexander then beats Algerieri before getting sparked again by a much bigger Ginger numbnutts who until the stoppage was made to like pretty inferior in boxing ability.


    I think Khan has much more than f**k all. He may not be an ATG but Loathe him or Laugh at him he has a not too shabby record and has a pretty good career to look back on and be proud of.
    Okeydokey , since Khan got sparked by Prescott (Many moons ago.) this is what he's done.
    So you started by talking about his Olympic Silver medal. Very good, But AJ got a Gold!
    Fagan - who?
    Barrera - past his best,they just used his name, and they still conned him! He got a nasty cut from a clash of heads, he wanted to carry on, so they let him carry on.......until the 6th round ,then went to the cards. If they had stopped it before then, it would (and should) have been a no contest. Barrera couldn't fucking see for the blood and he begged for a rematch because he said although he couldn't see, Khan never hurt him once.
    He then beat Kotlenik to win the strap - manoeuvred into fighting unquestionably the easiest of the champions at the time
    Salita - again, who?
    Malignaggi - again, decent boxer, brave as well, but Zero power, Khan can handle that.
    Maidana - I've already given him this, best win of his career. Even then he nearly blew it in the 10th on jelly legs.
    Mckloskey- European class at best.
    Judah - he beat Judah. Ok , didn't everybody beat Judah? Decent fighter , but nothing to pin a reputation on.

    "then arguably beat Peterson and was robbed" - er , no he wasn't.he got beat fair and square. And anyway, before the fight, he was so cocky about how easily he would win, he was looking beyond the fight talking all the time about Floyd or some such bullshit. So even if he had won on points, it would've been a disappointing performance seeing as he told every fucker it wouldn't last 4 rounds.
    and then stepped into the Lions den with Garcia - Lions den, Garcia and his Dad said what was gonna happen and they got it bang on!
    "Still not proved anything in your eyes?" Nope.
    Molina - a Pumped up unrated LW Stepping up. Didn't he put Khan on the deck? Or was that Diaz?
    Diaz - at the end of a career fought almost exclusively at LW.
    Collazo - at the end of his career, nothing special even at his best.
    "puts on a masterclass against Alexander" - big deal. Alexander was finished, Porter had already bullied him and finished him off. What's Alexander done since?
    then beats Algieri - yep, Algieri gave him loads of problems, AFTER Manny had decked him 6 times and won 120-106 on the cards!
    So you see, when you break Khan's career down, it's not all that impressive is it?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    20,156
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    991
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Your point was that Khan wanted "the recognition and the money for doing fuck all". Which is exactly what your post does to advance your argument. It's not about an ATG or TBE.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    409
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Your point was that Khan wanted "the recognition and the money for doing fuck all". Which is exactly what your post does to advance your argument. It's not about an ATG or TBE.
    That's right. I was just pointing out that I would've thought that AJ would be exactly the type of fighter British Fans would get behind because he's out there doing it and proving his worth.
    Whereas the others I mentioned expect mega bucks and support of fans etc. For very little achievement.
    It's not about ATG or anything like that, we all know AJ has a long, long way to go, but at least he's going in the right direction and going about his business the right way.
    Besides, everyone loves a KO don't they?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    20,156
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    991
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko - 29/4/17 Wembley Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Your point was that Khan wanted "the recognition and the money for doing fuck all". Which is exactly what your post does to advance your argument. It's not about an ATG or TBE.
    That's right. I was just pointing out that I would've thought that AJ would be exactly the type of fighter British Fans would get behind because he's out there doing it and proving his worth.
    Whereas the others I mentioned expect mega bucks and support of fans etc. For very little achievement.
    It's not about ATG or anything like that, we all know AJ has a long, long way to go, but at least he's going in the right direction and going about his business the right way.
    Besides, everyone loves a KO don't they?
    But your point is a non point, because the majority of British fight fans (whom you seem to either have a problem with or see yourself as distinct from) have got behind AJ. He is a solid ticket seller for both venues and PPV. So it seems that fact that people are realistic about what he has achieved so far seems to be enough for you to pretend they are dismissing him. And yes everyone loves a KO which is why they watch Khan waiting for him to be poleaxed. It makes his career even more remarkable and however much you poo poo it that is the reality of a career hundreds of British boxers would love to have. Anyone stepping through the ropes has proved their worth, how much money they can make is another thing entirely.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    409
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Of course it's not a non point. I'm fully aware that the mainstream are behind AJ.
    My original point was how surprised I was that many Brit Saddos weren't bothered by AJ.
    And yes, I distance myself from the Brits, because I'm not one! I've never hidden that.
    I totally accept the people that resent AJ because of the Sky/Matchroom/Hearn connection , I've already said that.
    My point about Khan (amongst others) was that they expect the big bucks, but don't justify it.
    Khan is probably (almost definitely)not
    top 10 in the division, yet he thinks he's worthy of a 70/30 split in his favour against a Champion.
    We all know he did that and is prepared to accept less money against other fighters because if he lost, he's worth Zip.
    Who the fuck is he to dictate these things? He's been a mandatory for the WBC (?) Strap for fucking donkey's years and hasn't been forced to fight. It's a joke.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    20,156
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    991
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko - 29/4/17 Wembley Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Of course it's not a non point. I'm fully aware that the mainstream are behind AJ.
    My original point was how surprised I was that many Brit Saddos weren't bothered by AJ.
    And yes, I distance myself from the Brits, because I'm not one! I've never hidden that.
    I totally accept the people that resent AJ because of the Sky/Matchroom/Hearn connection , I've already said that.
    My point about Khan (amongst others) was that they expect the big bucks, but don't justify it.
    Khan is probably (almost definitely)not
    top 10 in the division, yet he thinks he's worthy of a 70/30 split in his favour against a Champion.
    We all know he did that and is prepared to accept less money against other fighters because if he lost, he's worth Zip.
    Who the fuck is he to dictate these things? He's been a mandatory for the WBC (?) Strap for fucking donkey's years and hasn't been forced to fight. It's a joke.
    That is boxing. I think most British Saddos enjoy and can appreciate AJ for what he is but have either been watching or involved in boxing for long enough to know that it is still very early days and the excitement starts when he is in a ring with someone able to stretch him and show more depth than he has. He showed plenty of character against Whyte but also his limitations, as he did in the Olympics. I think most want the best for him, because he is like you say very exciting when he brings that kind of power to the table. Most hardcore boxing fans are not huge on the heavyweight scene because it is almost an anomaly that can't really be compared to the other divisions. I apologise for assuming you were British, your certainly post as though English is your first Language. Are you

    A) Italian
    B) Irish
    C)Australian
    D)Ross's Neighbour

    Khan might be a dick but he has entertained enough to be able to ask for whatever he likes. He might not get it but he is going to try for the maximum purse because that is his job to do so.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gotham/Batcave
    Posts
    5,523
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    328
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko - 29/4/17 Wembley Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Of course it's not a non point. I'm fully aware that the mainstream are behind AJ.
    My original point was how surprised I was that many Brit Saddos weren't bothered by AJ.
    And yes, I distance myself from the Brits, because I'm not one! I've never hidden that.
    I totally accept the people that resent AJ because of the Sky/Matchroom/Hearn connection , I've already said that.
    My point about Khan (amongst others) was that they expect the big bucks, but don't justify it.
    Khan is probably (almost definitely)not
    top 10 in the division, yet he thinks he's worthy of a 70/30 split in his favour against a Champion.
    We all know he did that and is prepared to accept less money against other fighters because if he lost, he's worth Zip.
    Who the fuck is he to dictate these things? He's been a mandatory for the WBC (?) Strap for fucking donkey's years and hasn't been forced to fight. It's a joke.
    That is boxing. I think most British Saddos enjoy and can appreciate AJ for what he is but have either been watching or involved in boxing for long enough to know that it is still very early days and the excitement starts when he is in a ring with someone able to stretch him and show more depth than he has. He showed plenty of character against Whyte but also his limitations, as he did in the Olympics. I think most want the best for him, because he is like you say very exciting when he brings that kind of power to the table. Most hardcore boxing fans are not huge on the heavyweight scene because it is almost an anomaly that can't really be compared to the other divisions. I apologise for assuming you were British, your certainly post as though English is your first Language. Are you

    A) Italian
    B) Irish
    C)Australian
    D)Ross's Neighbour

    Khan might be a dick but he has entertained enough to be able to ask for whatever he likes. He might not get it but he is going to try for the maximum purse because that is his job to do so.
    I have to admit that when I first joined this forum I assumed that Primo was English as well, whilst some people you can tell are yanks straight away and others you can tell are English, Primo must be a bit of a fucking chameleon...its that or life has battered him down to the point of hopelessness which is why he shares the same sort of tone (via text on a screen) as the English

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    409
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    @Beanz & @Batman, I've lived here all my life to be fair, but I am "a.)"
    Some people try to bracket me as a Brit, but I ain't having it! 😂
    Sorry. And I guess Beanz and I will never agree about Khan, but there you go.
    I think we're not too far away on what we think about AJ Funnily enough.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gotham/Batcave
    Posts
    5,523
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    328
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko - 29/4/17 Wembley Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    @Beanz & @Batman, I've lived here all my life to be fair, but I am "a.)"
    Some people try to bracket me as a Brit, but I ain't having it! 😂
    Sorry. And I guess Beanz and I will never agree about Khan, but there you go.
    I think we're not too far away on what we think about AJ Funnily enough.
    Khan is a cunt...that is all

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    20,156
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    991
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko - 29/4/17 Wembley Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Of course it's not a non point. I'm fully aware that the mainstream are behind AJ.
    My original point was how surprised I was that many Brit Saddos weren't bothered by AJ.
    And yes, I distance myself from the Brits, because I'm not one! I've never hidden that.
    I totally accept the people that resent AJ because of the Sky/Matchroom/Hearn connection , I've already said that.
    My point about Khan (amongst others) was that they expect the big bucks, but don't justify it.
    Khan is probably (almost definitely)not
    top 10 in the division, yet he thinks he's worthy of a 70/30 split in his favour against a Champion.
    We all know he did that and is prepared to accept less money against other fighters because if he lost, he's worth Zip.
    Who the fuck is he to dictate these things? He's been a mandatory for the WBC (?) Strap for fucking donkey's years and hasn't been forced to fight. It's a joke.
    That is boxing. I think most British Saddos enjoy and can appreciate AJ for what he is but have either been watching or involved in boxing for long enough to know that it is still very early days and the excitement starts when he is in a ring with someone able to stretch him and show more depth than he has. He showed plenty of character against Whyte but also his limitations, as he did in the Olympics. I think most want the best for him, because he is like you say very exciting when he brings that kind of power to the table. Most hardcore boxing fans are not huge on the heavyweight scene because it is almost an anomaly that can't really be compared to the other divisions. I apologise for assuming you were British, your certainly post as though English is your first Language. Are you

    A) Italian
    B) Irish
    C)Australian
    D)Ross's Neighbour

    Khan might be a dick but he has entertained enough to be able to ask for whatever he likes. He might not get it but he is going to try for the maximum purse because that is his job to do so.
    I have to admit that when I first joined this forum I assumed that Primo was English as well, whilst some people you can tell are yanks straight away and others you can tell are English, Primo must be a bit of a fucking chameleon...its that or life has battered him down to the point of hopelessness which is why he shares the same sort of tone (via text on a screen) as the English
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,345
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1083
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko - 29/4/17 Wembley Stadium

    I think there is still a lack of experience that will be costly on AJ's part. He's not a Tyson and Wlad is not Spinks or Berbick.

    Okay he's not Holyfield either but Wlad has had to learn the fallacy of a big man fighting like a seek and destroyer. I feel like Joshua is about to learn a hard but very necessary lesson soon.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-22-2015, 01:46 PM
  2. Wlad/Tyson- At Wembley?
    By ykdadamaja in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-02-2015, 06:34 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 04:10 AM
  4. Replies: 64
    Last Post: 10-17-2014, 11:25 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 12:11 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing