Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  162
Dislikes Dislikes:  1

Poll: Joshua v Klitschko - Outcome?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: AJ-Wlad - Wembley

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: AJ-Wlad - Wembley

Case for either way. Let's just say it was level.

Don't think there was anything wrong with the stoppage. Wlad was done and woul have only taken more punishment.

Don't want to see a rematch
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I'm still pissed about the scorecards. I don't really see why everyone was so thrilled with this fight. Wlad wasn't doing much early. Went down. AJ gassed and didn't fight for 5 rounds. Somehow the judges gave AJ a few of those rounds presumably for standing on 2 feet. Then the finish. It was 2 minutes of excitement surrounded by a bunch of bad boxing.

Wlad is long long past his best and AJ has no stamina. But props to him for staying standing doing nothing until he got a 2nd wind. Props to Wlad on a great career.

Unlike say Jacobs/Golovkin where I got it right but realized I was wrong about Jacobs and he was better than I thought. This was one where I got it right but see AJ as less than I thought. Lots of question marks, before I thought it was a few question marks.
    That is a very negative way to look at a very good contest by 2 of the best heavyweights in the division.

AJ answered a lot of questions such as he can go 12 rounds at a hard pace, he can dig deep and deal with adversity. AJ can handle being knocked down and pick himself up and fight back hard to win. AJ has heart, courage and fortitude. He showed more in this fight that all the other fights put together.

Wlad belied his age and was courageous in his effort. Both fighters would beat the rest based on that performance.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amazes me with these "early stoppage" bods (some American journos saying it too). Lets ignore the fact Wlad didn't even complain about it but he couldn't pull his arms free from the ref let alone adequately protect himself from Joshua.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Amazes me with these "early stoppage" bods (some American journos saying it too). Lets ignore the fact Wlad didn't even complain about it but he couldn't pull his arms free from the ref let alone adequately protect himself from Joshua.
    Agreed I was surprised to read the comments on that here this morning.

Utter bollocks he was done
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just watched it again on YouTube with Russian commentary, its amazing how much commentary can add to the excitement of a fight, watching it with the Russians it didn't seem to be as great as the first viewing.

Second time round it was a good fight but not as great as being made out

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This was a good learning experience for Joshua. He NEEDED this kind of fight.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VG_Addict View Post
    This was a good learning experience for Joshua. He NEEDED this kind of fight.
    AJ will be better for it and knows areas he has to improve. AJ gassed early and got a second win and getting hit with too many right hands.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At the time I thought it was early, huge build up massive event , 20 quid each, 10 year reigning hw champ

He takes 3 punches the ref stops it

And you're right he didn't complain, but on a rewatch he wanted it stopped, sums up the big girls blouse 👚
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    I watched it again and I've kind of changed my mind a bit about the scoring, I can see a case for aj being ahead

I also think wlad wanted the ref to stop it, during the last assault he was constantly looking at the ref
    You are joking I watched it again and Wlad was winning.
    I'd say wlad was still winning but I can see more of a case got aj, when it was happening I thought wlad all day

In a rewatch I don't think it's so clear cut

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At the time I thought it was early, huge build up massive event , 20 quid each, 10 year reigning hw champ

And you're right he didn't complain, but on a rewatch he wanted it stopped, sums up the big girls blouse 👚
    What was the point complaining the ref is not going to change their mind.

I do not think the fight should have been stopped then but it would have more than likely been eventually stopped.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think wlad wanted it stopped

He was looking at the ref constantly after the first knock down in the 11th

I'm not complaining about the stoppage, I'm complaining about wlad

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's been confirmed this broke the UK PPV buys record of 1.5 Million

'We can't tell you the number last night because it's too early but the record was 1.5million for Manny Pacquiao against Floyd Mayweather (in 2015). Last night beat that for sure.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-4459908/Joshua-v-Klitschko-broke-British-Box-Office-records.html

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

What was the point complaining the ref is not going to change their mind.

I do not think the fight should have been stopped then but it would have more than likely been eventually stopped.
    I thought it was a little early but would have ended soon after. With the knockdowns in that round Wlad would have needed a knockout to win going into the 12th. Would have been interesting to see what happened.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I loved this fight and I was cheering hard for Joshua. Absolutely thrilling fight and Wlad gained much more of my respect than I already had for him. Fuck fighting that oaf Fury. I say it's Wilder, Ortiz, or Parker. Personally, I'd like to see him pick off Parker or the boogeyman Ortiz before facing Wilder.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua-Klitschko pulled in 659,000 viewers on Showtime, exceeded 10 million in Germany

We have early ratings for Anthony Joshua’s dramatic win over Wladimir Klitschko at Wembley Stadium. Showtime broadcast the fight live in the United States, and drew an average of 659,000 viewers. Peak viewership appears to be at 687,000 for rounds 5-6, which saw both men suffer knockdowns.
    This was Joshua’s fourth fight on Showtime as part of his exclusive US rights deal with the subscription network, and none of his previous three bouts averaged higher than 390,000 viewers, so this was a considerable leap in viewership totals for the Brit considering the time zone difference and the fact that the US TV situation for the Klitschko fight wasn’t sorted until two weeks ago. It was reportedly the largest audience Showtime ever received for a live afternoon airing. Adrien Broner’s February win over Adrian Granados is Showtime’s best-rated card in 2017, with an average of 779,000 viewers for its night-time broadcast.
    HBO broadcast the same-day replay at 11 PM ET/PT and their number is expected to be higher than Showtime’s. Final ratings for both networks are expected to be revealed on Tuesday. In Klitschko’s previous two fights (both in 2015), he averaged over 1.6 million viewers on HBO in his win over Bryant Jennings at Madison Square Garden, and 1.038 million for the live HBO airing of his loss to Tyson Fury in his adopted home country of Germany.
    From a UK standpoint, Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn told the BBC that they’ve set a record for most domestic PPV buys of all-time.
    Speaking to Radio 5 Live after the fight, Hearn said: “We broke British Box Office records on pay-per-view last night.
    “We can't tell you the number last night because it's too early but the record was 1.5 million for Manny Pacquiao against Floyd Mayweather. Last night beat that for sure.”
    It’s been a tremendous stretch for the UK’s boxing PPV market. In addition to Joshua’s ability to get at least 300,000 buys in his pre-Klitschko fights, a March non-title bout between David Haye and Tony Bellew reportedly did just under 900,000 buys (keeping in mind the source), which would also place it among the highest selling PPVs in the country. The next pay-per-view is expected to be comparatively smaller, with Kell Brook defending his IBF Welterweight title against American standout Errol Spence Jr. on May 27th. That fight will be held at a soccer stadium in Brook’s hometown of Sheffield, England.
    Lastly, the German TV ratings are out from private free-to-air network RTL. In an official press release (German only) sent out on Monday, 10.43 million viewers tuned in to see the bout, with the average for the overall broadcast coming in at 9.59 million. That’s higher than the 8.91 million (40.1% market share) for the Tyson Fury fight. The 42.3% market share for the 14-59 age demographic is his best since beating Poland’s Mariusz Wach by unanimous decision in 2012, with over 11 million watching the contest. His best-rated fight was his 2011 win over David Haye, which peaked at over 16 million. As it stands, Wladimir has three fights left on his multi-million dollar agreement with his longtime television partner.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/5/1/...-uk-ppv-record

Thread Information