Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  162
Dislikes Dislikes:  1

Poll: Joshua v Klitschko - Outcome?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: AJ-Wlad - Wembley

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: AJ-Wlad - Wembley

Anthony Joshua has revealed how he delivered a chilling warning to Wladimir Klitschko during the sixth round of their heavyweight classic at Wembley Stadium.

AJ picked himself up off the canvas to triumph in front of 90,000 people but could be seen in the mid rounds mouthing trash talk at Klitschko.

A fatigued Joshua has now admitted the verbals were part of Klitschko's downfall after warning him about a resurgence if he failed to put the Brit away.

"I was talking to him and I just told him, 'If you let me get through this round, I'm gonna f*** you up,' and he said, 'I'm going to knock you out' - It's competition talk," Joshua said on a Under Armour Facebook Live hosted by Colin Murray.

Joshua regrouped in rounds 7-10 before finding the energy to unleash an explosive uppercut that took the wind out of Klitschko's sails.

Two knock-downs followed before AJ pinned the Ukrainian on the ropes to force the fight to be waved off and the former Olympic champion has described his elation at realising victory.

"I knew these two rounds were vital I knew it was close," Joshua added. "I stepped it up, boom boom boom boom.

"Subconsciously, I don't know where it came from, I just whipped it up and saw his chin... It was like an exorcism where he's looking at the back of the crowd."

'I'm going to f*** you up' - Anthony Joshua reveals chilling warning to Wladimir Klitschko at Wembley Stadium
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Anthony Joshua has revealed how he delivered a chilling warning to Wladimir Klitschko during the sixth round of their heavyweight classic at Wembley Stadium.

AJ picked himself up off the canvas to triumph in front of 90,000 people but could be seen in the mid rounds mouthing trash talk at Klitschko.

A fatigued Joshua has now admitted the verbals were part of Klitschko's downfall after warning him about a resurgence if he failed to put the Brit away.

"I was talking to him and I just told him, 'If you let me get through this round, I'm gonna f*** you up,' and he said, 'I'm going to knock you out' - It's competition talk," Joshua said on a Under Armour Facebook Live hosted by Colin Murray.

Joshua regrouped in rounds 7-10 before finding the energy to unleash an explosive uppercut that took the wind out of Klitschko's sails.

Two knock-downs followed before AJ pinned the Ukrainian on the ropes to force the fight to be waved off and the former Olympic champion has described his elation at realising victory.

"I knew these two rounds were vital I knew it was close," Joshua added. "I stepped it up, boom boom boom boom.

"Subconsciously, I don't know where it came from, I just whipped it up and saw his chin... It was like an exorcism where he's looking at the back of the crowd."

'I'm going to f*** you up' - Anthony Joshua reveals chilling warning to Wladimir Klitschko at Wembley Stadium
    I love Joshua, he's a breath of fresh air for Boxing. But please, please , please God , don't let him start getting too cocky. Being grounded is his biggest asset.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

I love Joshua, he's a breath of fresh air for Boxing. But please, please , please God , don't let him start getting too cocky. Being grounded is his biggest asset.
    I said in a previous post that there was something that I couldn't get on board with AJ, I didn't know what it was but all I have heard since he beat Wlad is ''I'm gunna be the first billionaire boxer'' and ''don't worry Rodders this time next year we will be billionaires''

He doesn't sound like he wants to create a legacy he wants to create a bank account, now that is fair enough but the more that he bangs on about money the more it distances him from the average joe, and that is exactly why football fans are slowly coming to the realization that their sport has been killed by money.

a lot of what AJ says sounds very scripted to me and I don't like that, it sounds like fake emotion, now don't get me wrong I'm not saying that I dislike him but I just think he is verging on the wrong side of smugness, and I just don't feel like he is actually being himself in half of these interviews, probably because of Eddies hand up his arse

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

I said in a previous post that there was something that I couldn't get on board with AJ, I didn't know what it was but all I have heard since he beat Wlad is ''I'm gunna be the first billionaire boxer'' and ''don't worry Rodders this time next year we will be billionaires''

He doesn't sound like he wants to create a legacy he wants to create a bank account, now that is fair enough but the more that he bangs on about money the more it distances him from the average joe, and that is exactly why football fans are slowly coming to the realization that their sport has been killed by money.

a lot of what AJ says sounds very scripted to me and I don't like that, it sounds like fake emotion, now don't get me wrong I'm not saying that I dislike him but I just think he is verging on the wrong side of smugness, and I just don't feel like he is actually being himself in half of these interviews, probably because of Eddies hand up his arse
    Sadly I'm beginning to see this. I hope I'm wrong. I didn't like this billionaire talk. He's got to get on with what he does best , and all the rest will come.
    Unfortunately nowadays it's easier to become an "Icon" , so everybody will get brainwashed and hero worship him.
    I don't want to sound like a hater, because I like the guy a lot, but I can just see the start of things I don't like.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Klitschko was finally in an exciting fight. And if he'd been ten year younger he would have won. He had two or three rounds after the KD where he could have finished Joshua but didn't/couldn't go for it.

It's a massive step for Joshua. If it's twenty to learn and twenty to earn he's not doing too badly for nineteen fights.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Klitschko was finally in an exciting fight. And if he'd been ten year younger he would have won. He had two or three rounds after the KD where he could have finished Joshua but didn't/couldn't go for it.

It's a massive step for Joshua. If it's twenty to learn and twenty to earn he's not doing too badly for nineteen fights.
    Klit wouldn't have won if he was younger, he was too scared to take a punch, that's why he was never in exciting fights

he opened up and gave it a go more in that fight which made it exciting

soon as anything reasonable came back tho he threw himself on the floor
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wladimir Klitschko says he has been left feeling like a winner despite his defeat at the hands of Anthony Joshua in April.

Klitschko had now IBF and WBA heavyweight champion Joshua (19-0-KO19) on the canvas in the sixth round of their clash at Wembley Stadium but eventually succumbed to an 11th-round stoppage.

However, Klitschko (64-5-KO53) says the response to his gladiatorial performance against the British star has left him enthused for his future in the ring.

Klitschko said on LinkedIn: "After years of constantly preparing myself up for victory, this is a completely new experience. I now understand that success does not necessarily mean achieving a set goal.

"Instead, success means achieving the best possible result. Sometimes we cannot see beforehand what the best possible result might be.

"In the end, it was Anthony Joshua who struck the decisive blow and left the ring victorious. I failed to achieve my goal of winning, but I did in fact gain much more than this.

"I never thought I would say such a thing, but: in defeat, I achieved much greater success than I would have had I won. Fans and sports enthusiasts worldwide are celebrating my performance and showing me their appreciation. Even my opponent expressed his respect for me.

"The responses that I received and continue to receive after this night of boxing are overwhelming. Commentators reported that I showed greatness even in defeat.

"It took a while for me to get over not winning in the ring. Yet I immediately experienced an increase in recognition and respect. When I appeared at Wembley Stadium on April 29, I was booed by the majority of the spectators.

"Joshua had a clear home advantage as an Englishman. But as I left the ring again, I got goosebumps. Tens of thousands of people who had wanted me to be defeated were applauding me.

"I experienced enthusiasm, encouragement and respect: for me, my performance, my fair fight and my boxing as a whole. I cannot wish for anything better."

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news/...cid=spartanntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information