Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Michael Conlan v Tim Ibarra - MSG Pro Debut Tonight

What a way to kick off the holiday weekend in New York City. A St Patrick’s day boxing New York extravaganza in many ways.

A St Patrick’s day boxing New York cracker awaits Madison Square Garden Friday and Saturday. It’s going to be a lively atmosphere to say the least – with all the Irish fans in town.
    We have the the Irishman and Olympic bronze medallist Michael Conlan making his pro debut first on Friday.
    In the next notable night Gennady Golovkin will be squaring off against the miracle man Daniel Jacobs on the Saturday.
    With both fights taking place at MSG they will have staff will have their hands full for the weekend.
    Both nights promise to bring fireworks to boxing fans in a city (New York) that has a long, rich history with the sweet science.
    Michael Conlan is an exciting prospect who hails from Ireland. There is substantial buzz going around about his pro debut to put it mildly.
    What a night it would be if he did get the win on St. Patrick’s Day in front of the Irish fans in attendance. The beer taps are no doubt in full flow as we speak.
    All eyes will be on Mick as he gets to showcase his skills to the world after a frustrating Olympics and prove to fans that he has what it takes to get to the top.

He will be accompanied by fellow Irishman Conor McGregor on his way to the ring and it will be interesting to see if the UFC fighter springs any surprises of his own on the night.
    It wouldn’t surprise us if he gets caught up doing some interviews of his own after the Conlan fight.
    The next night we get to witness world middleweight knockout fiend Gennady Golovkin in action at one of his favorite stomping grounds.
    Indeed, ‘The Garden’ has been kind to ‘GGG’ in the past but he has a tough task in front of him with Danny Jacobs.
    Golovkin is going to go out there in my view and prove once again why he’s the best middleweight fighter on the planet.
    If he wins it should then set up a fight with Canelo in 2017. We hope.
    But Daniel Jacobs will want to rain on that parade and possesses the will and strength to defeat Golovkin if ‘GGG’ were to have an off night on Saturday. But that’s a big ‘if’ of course.
    All in all, this is arguably the best fight weekend that we’ve had in boxing so far this year.
    Former middleweight world champion Andy Lee also fights on the Golovkin card as he looks to build some momentum towards a title shot again.
    Boxing buzz is in the air in New York. A special sport in a special place this weekend.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Michael Conlan v Tim Ibarra - MSG Pro Debut Tonight

What a prospect Conlan is and what a way to start your pro debut on St Paddys day with a shitoad of Irish in the house, Conor Mcgregor walking you into the ring and fighting at MSG.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Michael Conlan is in bullish mood for his professional debut against American Tim Ibarra at Madison Square Garden in New York on St Patrick's Day.

A big crowd of Irish-Americans are expected to watch the 25-year-old Olympic bronze medallist from Belfast in action at the iconic venue.

"I don't have to worry about the crowd or my opponent - I just have to worry about myself," said Conlan.

"Because if I perform then no-one can beat me."

Conlan enjoyed a glittering career including becoming the first Irish male to win a senior World Amateur Championship title with victory in Doha two years ago.

His amateur days ended with a controversial defeat in the Rio Olympics quarter-finals last year.

Conlan may be confident about his entrance into the pro ranks but he says his Colorado opponent will be no pushover.

"I know this lad is going to come in with a full training camp - he's going to be hungry and he's going to want to win," he added.

"But as soon as he gets punched it's going to be different.

"I want to go in there and perform and if I perform everything else follows.

"It will be my first time in New York on St Patrick's Day and I think New York does it bigger and better than anywhere else in the world."

Michael Conlan confident of victory in New York debut - BBC Sport
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight of the night on that card is going to be Alex Saucedo vs Johnny Garcia.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is on Box Nation from 1am.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Shakur Stevenson gets a silver medal at superbantam at the Rio Olympic. Where as Conlan gets bronze. Both sign for Top Rank. But Top Rank rolls Conlan out first (With incredible hype for a pro debut) in the headliner

I wonder why ?

But in truth here aren't many overrated fighters in amateur boxing since they always face the best and he is the current world champion.

But that’s on paper

From what my eyes tell me is that he looks good but not great.

Yet he's being promoted like he's great.

Now Robeisy Ramírez; the 22 year old double Olympic champion from Cuba who beat Conlan in 2012 and Stevenson in 2016 is a fucking unbelievable fighter.

Man if he turned pro he’d shut down EVERYONE from Loma, Rigo, Choclatito…all of them. Ramirez is special and I could understand him getting that hype if he turned pro.

But Conlan has dined out on his controversial lose to the Russian guy at Rio. Frankly he did win the fight, but it wasn’t no Roy Jones Jr type robbery in the 88 Seoul Olympics.

Also unlike say Mayweather or Golden Boy promotions, Top Rank don’t really match there prospects HARD. So I can see him easily getting to 15-0 in three or four years.

But Conlan is fighter best known for throwing a toddler tantrum and that seems to have built a load of hype for him but now he has to put up or shut up.
    Last edited by denilson200; 03-18-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

St Patrick's Day is the best time for him to debut his professional career.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    St Patrick's Day is the best time for him to debut his professional career.
    It makes sense to debut Conlan on St Patrick's Day. Why not maximize the potential? Stevenson gets his shot next month.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The crowd went nuts for Conlan and it was a decent 3rd round stoppage (maybe a bit premature).
    He's clearly gonna be a Massive star in the USA especially in New York which is home from home
    Turned Southpaw midway and smashed the body well.
    Decent Debut from Conlan

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That crowd/atmos was amazing (AJ/Khan etc had big hyped successful debuts but that pissed all over them). 5000+ punters for a six rounder against a road sweeper.

They need to build a proper venue in Belfast for these bods (Frampton etc).

Conlan was a well known brilliant amateur before he made his name at the olympics. However, its fair to say that fucking everyone off live on air was clearly an unintentional masterstroke. Fighting the same weekend in the same gaff as Golovkin helped too
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    The fight of the night on that card is going to be Alex Saucedo vs Johnny Garcia.
    That's the kid you used to train, right?

He was too good for it to be fight of the night.

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    So Shakur Stevenson gets a silver medal at superbantam at the Rio Olympic. Where as Conlan gets bronze. Both sign for Top Rank. But Top Rank rolls Conlan out first (With incredible hype for a pro debut) in the headliner

I wonder why ?
    It's obvious that you are trying to say that it is because he is white, Shakur Stevenson turned pro 4 weeks ago you fucking idiot, of course Conlan has been 'rolled out' first.

Anyway, I'm just about to watch the fight now, I recorded it last night and completely forgot about it.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post

I wonder why ?
    It's obvious that you are trying to say that it is because he is white, Shakur Stevenson turned pro 4 weeks ago you fucking idiot, of course Conlan has been 'rolled out' first.

Anyway, I'm just about to watch the fight now, I recorded it last night and completely forgot about it.
    Yea who would have thought Conlan getting a big launch , its not a though we are close to St Patrick night , and NYC has any Irish people there ........... oh wait we are , and there are.
    Denise is a pathetic worthless cunt , nobody else would have played the race card with this subject.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a way to make your pro debut. If Conlan can live up to his potential the sky is the limit.

Thread Information