Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  67
Dislikes Dislikes:  1

Poll: Who wins Linares v Crolla 2

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Linares vs Crolla 2

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Linares vs Crolla 2

I defended Crolla/Gallagher after fight one over the tactics they used and stick they got. I cant this time around. I think they took it to heart and tried to come up with something new for the sake of trying something new, which is mental. Other than spontaneous human combustion there's only the one scenario where Crolla beats Linares, and thats by putting him under unbelievable pressure in the hope that he breaks down. How you do that by bouncing around like an idiot I dont know. Maybe subconsciously Gallagher was trying to keep Crolla out of harms way, which is odd because although I had the sound off and couldnt tell exactly what was being said, he seemed to have no trouble inviting Marcus Morrison to go back out round after round to get his head punched in.

Linares was class as you'd expect. The knockdown was a thing of beauty, he was hitting Crolla with shots he wasnt seeing coming, he was at least two steps ahead at all times. You could add up all of Crolla's good moments and make for one good round.

Linares Garcia will be tasty if it comes off. Two absolute top drawer operators keeping belts warm for Terry Flanagan.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Mickey will make it a formality.
    I am sure we have all watched Linares from when he was young and thought he was going to be special. He is a talented and gifted fighter who then just lost to people that he was just better than for reasons such as cuts and chin.

Now Linares has come on good and whilst it may be late in the day lets hope he is around for a few more years.

Garcia is quality but Linares has the experience.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Linares looked good but Crolla made it really easy for him. He just plodded forward and wasn't throwing anything troublesome. I can't see Linares standing up to Garcia's power for very long and Garcia has great feet/judgement of distance and won't get caught by too many combinations. Linares runs out of steam quickly too. That was easily his biggest problem on Saturday night, he slowed down a lot in the second half and was pacing himself. He did come out to AC/DC though so god bless him for that.

I really want to see Garcia versus Lomachenko. Maybe a year from now if it happens at all but it's the best fight I can think of in boxing.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Linares Garcia will be tasty if it comes off. Two absolute top drawer operators keeping belts warm for Terry Flanagan.
    Flanagan is just another domino for Garica to knock down (and out). I would favor Flanagan over Easter tho.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Flanagan is just another domino for Garica to knock down (and out). I would favor Flanagan over Easter tho.
    I know it is hard to tell but Memphis was being sarcastic.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I know it is hard to tell but Memphis was being sarcastic.
    I hope so, especially after his fight this weekend. It was a hard watch. It had moments of activity but was kind of boring.

I like this new section also. Nice idea.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was Batman's idea.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Twas indeed my idea, the bat spoke and the people listened

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Olympic gold medallist Luke Campbell will fight on the undercard of the Anthony Joshua-Wladimir Klitschko bout.

Briton Campbell will face Darleys Perez of Colombia at Wembley Stadium on 29 April in an eliminator to become the mandatory challenger for the WBA lightweight title.

"This is the fight of my career so far," said 29-year-old Campbell, who won bantamweight gold at London 2012.

"I believe now that I'm ready for a shot at the world title."

Former world champion Perez, 33, twice fought in Manchester against Briton Anthony Crolla, drawing in their first contest then losing the second meeting.

Campbell suffered his only defeat in the paid ranks in November 2015, losing to Yvan Mendy - but has recovered with four successive wins to put himself among the contenders at 135lbs.

Luke Campbell v Darleys Perez on Anthony Joshua-Wladimir Klitschko undercard - BBC Sport

Thread Information