Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  110
Dislikes Dislikes:  13

Poll: Some Cultures are better than others

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusively

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Beanz: "X, Y and Z"

Lyle: "Why would you say X, Y and Z?"

beanz (ad nauseum): "Where have I said X, Y and Z?"

I have not changed my position which is why you could not address one single point in my post. You have went from seeing America as " a highly aggressive and hostile country made up of battling factions " to hating anyone who has not sold out like yourself. You have gone from counselling Lyle about just sticking up for the Republicans, because the democrats are corrupt, to buying wholesale into the right wing myth of rich tax avoiding bozos being miraculous job creators. You used to moan about there being too much hate in America and now you seem disappointed there isn't more.

You have both invented this political and ideological position for me to occupy so that you can justify an extreme binary unsophisticated view of the world in which there are only ever two choices.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Women are not allowed to drive in some of the countries, yet they have the highest proportion of women as judges and doctors than the west.
    YEAH BUT if all them lady judges can get smacked around by their hubbies at night, then who really cares about their paychecks? Are you saying HIGH PAID BATTERED WIVES ARE DESIRABLE, MASTER? That is like saying HERE TAKE THIS $1000/HOUR JOB, NOW IT'LL BE OK TO GET DOMESTICALLY ABUSED.
    No i am not, i am just pointing out the contradiction in their society which occurs to some extent in all societies. Women are celebrated for having plastic boobs and huge asses over here in the west.
    Plastic boobs, CALF-REDUCTIONS (SICKO KOREANS DO THIS---WOMEN HAVE 1/2 THEIR CALF MUSCLES CUT OUT!!! HIGHEST SUICIDE RATE IN THE WORLD OVER THERE, SICK SICK KOREAN SOCIETY) MAKE ME SICK, as does any kind of cosmetic plastic surgery unless it is needed due to an accident.

What I was saying sir, was merely that I'd prefer seeing a cashier who doesnt get beaten than a judge who gets beaten. As I am quite sure you would prefer as well. BTW @Master I got that written consent form, here it is:

11-4-17, Jackson Heights, Queens, NY

প্রিয় স্যার, শিক্ষক আমাদের ফটো সম্পর্কে অনুমতি দেওয়া আছে। ধন্যবাদ.

অনুগ্রহ করে আমাকে কল করুন. কোন প্রশ্ন.

বিনীত,

SK Fazlur Mohd Alam

মোহাম্মদ রহমান
    (551)358-3890
    An American cannot call out Korea for plastic surgery considering Michael Jackson and Joan Rivers as two examples of complete freaks. What's with all the weird orange people and elongated shiny teeth as well. Does Trump think he is in a Kpop band with all that orange makeup going on? Does he leave great orange stains on the pillow?
    Weird.
    Yes. Good points. The CIVILITY and the CALMNESS and the SAFETY I found in Korea, to a lesser extent in Turkey, and def in Singapore and Ireland--- it gives you a quiet sense of peace and happiness. Turks will stop their cars to help you, give you rides, invite you to their houses, cook for you, etc...

Unless you've left your country, you'd have no way of experiencing this life-changing shock.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm back 3 months now. Too much hate in this country. Too many bitter and endless feuds between different ethnic groups and between different cultures and types of people based on their political distinctions. Too many laws which conflict with common sense and actually windup benefiting the criminals and giving the short end of the stick to the innocent.

Too much f****** violence in this country. In the seven years that I lived abroad in South Korea and in Malaysia and in Turkey and on my two trips to Ireland and two trips to Singapore and one trip to India I never witnessed the hatred and violence in the shootings and killings that are going on here in this country on an hourly basis. I don't know what it is about this country that breeds so much hatred and violence and outright murder.

It is just not a very pleasant place to be. If you throw in the fact that you must make 4000 US dollars a month before taxes in order to pay your rent and pay for your food the whole thing becomes a gulag.... a complete waste of effort and a losing battle
    Alex Jones was one of the first people all the way back starting in 1996 he started saying that there was a couple of globalist people led by George HW Bush Senior and some of those others that we're going to start a new world order. Alex Jones was correct about everything and he was well ahead of his time. The first time I heard him I thought he was just being dramatic but I did I realize little by little over the years that he was always calling the shots six months to a year before things would actually happen or even be admitted grudgingly in the mainstream news. The United States in the United Kingdom have been destroyed and taken down by Design with a globalist agenda any kind of a feeling of nationalism has been demonized and so he turned into a narrative which says that it is racist to feel patriotic and it is prejudiced to feel nationalistic. The study narrative in the study drumming and drumming of this into people's minds over the last 20 to 25 years has really convinced people that protecting your borders and requiring English to be spoken is somehow some sign of white privilege and that we must now reverse all of the abusive of the past 500 years and allow anyone and everyone to come in no matter what they can contribute or not. You just can't make this s*** up
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

agree with it all still. where is any contradiction? you actually need $8,000 per month before taxes to survive here, I was wrong. A 1-bedroom apartment here costs $2,700 per month, that is British Pounds 2,500 per month mate, that is what me and my wife are paying right now --- curious to now if anybody at all on this forum has to pay that much of their income JUST FOR RENT EACH MONTH? ANYBODY IS ANYBODY PAYING MORE THAN 2,500 POUNDS PER MONTH GOD I HOPE NOT

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

I have not changed my position which is why you could not address one single point in my post. You have went from seeing America as " a highly aggressive and hostile country made up of battling factions " to hating anyone who has not sold out like yourself. You have gone from counselling Lyle about just sticking up for the Republicans, because the democrats are corrupt, to buying wholesale into the right wing myth of rich tax avoiding bozos being miraculous job creators. You used to moan about there being too much hate in America and now you seem disappointed there isn't more.

You have both invented this political and ideological position for me to occupy so that you can justify an extreme binary unsophisticated view of the world in which there are only ever two choices.
    Not so.

You say "Why focus on wife beating in Islam?" and "We have a problem with wife beating in the west"....because Beanz old boy, it's 1 issue, 1 issue handled by 2 cultures in a very different manner.

In the West, wife beating is not something that is accepted in everyday life. It is prosecuted, people who do it are looked down upon, they are the scum of the earth.

In Islam there's a different attitude towards it. It's not against the law in Morocco to beat your wife. It's a great example of where our cultures diverge.

You have been told this again and again and again....but you fail to see the difference.

You want to bring up the KKK....alright well then you must understand that the KKK is not a group that is welcomed by, supported by, or celebrated by the average person in the west. And yet again you fail to acknowledge this and it's funny how you STILL don't see A) the difference in cultures or B ) that the example you bring up, the KKK has absolutely 0 effects on the argument at hand. You are just being contrary and I'm tired of trying to teach you how fucking wrong you are. You don't understand...ok well you can't make a horse climb a tree

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why are you so obsessed with the KKK? I actually posted that you DONT have to be a member of the KKK to be a white Christian wife beater. You don't respond to posts or engage in debate Lyle, you invent the oppositions position so that you can prove yourself right and make up a load of bollocks to discredit my credibility without actually reading or responding to anyone in a manner even slightly resembling a debate. You are a joke and it's getting old now.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Not so.

You say "Why focus on wife beating in Islam?" and "We have a problem with wife beating in the west"....because Beanz old boy, it's 1 issue, 1 issue handled by 2 cultures in a very different manner.

In the West, wife beating is not something that is accepted in everyday life. It is prosecuted, people who do it are looked down upon, they are the scum of the earth.

In Islam there's a different attitude towards it. It's not against the law in Morocco to beat your wife. It's a great example of where our cultures diverge.

You have been told this again and again and again....but you fail to see the difference.

You want to bring up the KKK....alright well then you must understand that the KKK is not a group that is welcomed by, supported by, or celebrated by the average person in the west. And yet again you fail to acknowledge this and it's funny how you STILL don't see A) the difference in cultures or B ) that the example you bring up, the KKK has absolutely 0 effects on the argument at hand. You are just being contrary and I'm tired of trying to teach you how fucking wrong you are. You don't understand...ok well you can't make a horse climb a tree
    Since I've been here beanz has been a staunch supporter of violence against women in the Middle East
    And Islam

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He HAS, and quite frankly, he has found a not-so-masked excuse to "play the piper", and never gets out of his Rocking chair to actually fucking PAY.

El Kabong Guest

Why are you so obsessed with the KKK? I actually posted that you DONT have to be a member of the KKK to be a white Christian wife beater. You don't respond to posts or engage in debate Lyle, you invent the oppositions position so that you can prove yourself right and make up a load of bollocks to discredit my credibility without actually reading or responding to anyone in a manner even slightly resembling a debate. You are a joke and it's getting old now.
    In the West wife beating is not an acceptable action. How are you still not getting that? In Islam wife beating is acceptable ie Muhammad did it and Allah doesn't forbid it and governments don't arrest people for it.

I've invented nothing. I've given a straight take and you are only riled up because you have been throttled in this debate.

Squeal all you want, you got done in this debate and you know it.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So a grown up discussion
    That's where you went wrong B Man.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly can't believe you boys are still knocking these same arguments around.

Without reading I know who has said what. The funny thing is Beanz, Gandalf, Lyle might argue but all come from a place of decency and respect. Walrus too if he is still here (although he is a total wind-up that will say anything to poke the bear). Lyle has the polar opposite of my political views yet I've always had nothing but respect for him. He has logic and compassion. Even though he is a Republican cunt () . My point being that opposing views are no problem. The problem is, and always was, anti-intellectualism. Hence why I can't take much of a part here anymore. It's a caricature of what it was.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can we all agree that this is an amazing song?

2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No offence to anti-zionists meant.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

Without reading I know who has said what. The funny thing is Beanz, Gandalf, Lyle might argue but all come from a place of decency and respect. Walrus too if he is still here (although he is a total wind-up that will say anything to poke the bear). Lyle has the polar opposite of my political views yet I've always had nothing but respect for him. He has logic and compassion. Even though he is a Republican cunt () . My point being that opposing views are no problem. The problem is, and always was, anti-intellectualism. Hence why I can't take much of a part here anymore. It's a caricature of what it was.
    It's a topic I mostly stayed out of until later on, but did join in to say that there are aspects of Asian cultures I find superior to my own. However, in saying that there are aspects that disgust me, but I think issues of corruption, cronyism, and dumb jingoism are just as prevalent back home too so I couldn't call that any better or worse. One thing that is definitely worse here is the driving. People don't indicate and if you do indicate they don't let you in. Another is the nonsense concept of face. When you are out of order you should say sorry, but people refuse to lose face, especially older people mired most heavily in corruption or deceit of some kind. I end up having to take legal action against them and the argument that 'this is how we do it here' dissipates in the face of legality which proves that it isn't really the culture at all. Bow to everyone. Nope, never have, never will. Same back home though, Memphis refuses to apologise. I don't see any need to intellectualise what for me at least is an experiential reflection on having lived in two very distinctly different cultures.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

It's a topic I mostly stayed out of until later on, but did join in to say that there are aspects of Asian cultures I find superior to my own. However, in saying that there are aspects that disgust me, but I think issues of corruption, cronyism, and dumb jingoism are just as prevalent back home too so I couldn't call that any better or worse. One thing that is definitely worse here is the driving. People don't indicate and if you do indicate they don't let you in. Another is the nonsense concept of face. When you are out of order you should say sorry, but people refuse to lose face, especially older people mired most heavily in corruption or deceit of some kind. I end up having to take legal action against them and the argument that 'this is how we do it here' dissipates in the face of legality which proves that it isn't really the culture at all. Bow to everyone. Nope, never have, never will. Same back home though, Memphis refuses to apologise. I don't see any need to intellectualise what for me at least is an experiential reflection on having lived in two very distinctly different cultures.

I think what ryanman is saying in a roundabout way is that I'm right, and everybody else is wrong.

Thread Information