Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  110
Dislikes Dislikes:  13

Poll: Some Cultures are better than others

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusively

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

It is no different in beanz's debate or even Gandalf debate or should say socalled debate about that person who failed to comply with the cops in the video that I posted who was slimmed down to the ground. What I post my side of it which is that the police are in possession of secret information about possible suspects walking around in the area we should always give the benefit of the doubt to law enforcement and that the policeman asked very politely and respectfully at least 15 times for that person to stop and then at the end said he would take him down if he did not stop and all beings and Gandalf can say is except to say that he didn't do anything wrong

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    It is no different in beanz's debate or even Gandalf debate or should say socalled debate about that person who failed to comply with the cops in the video that I posted who was slimmed down to the ground. What I post my side of it which is that the police are in possession of secret information about possible suspects walking around in the area we should always give the benefit of the doubt to law enforcement and that the policeman asked very politely and respectfully at least 15 times for that person to stop and then at the end said he would take him down if he did not stop and all beings and Gandalf can say is except to say that he didn't do anything wrong
    miles will actually debate a topic, Beanz won't he's either got no ideas to put forward OR he's afraid to put his ideas forward. miles will at times play Devil's Advocate....Beanz will be a cunt because that's I guess how he feels winning a debate is accomplished.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle you are your own worst enemy. You spend every waking hour posting other people's opinions from your little media echo chamber and then wonder why people wonder when you are going to come up with an opinion of your own.

The one thing i hope we can agree on is that you should always hold at arms length and with deep suspicion anyone who claims to be certain about anything. The extremist so blinded by the exclusion of anything that dims his divine light, he is willing to eclipse the lives of others in order to gain his own seat in the best post death show in the Universe. This is not something inextricably wedded to one culture. To believe so is to wish for oneself a world as simple as that which only the self righteous chosen one can just avoid difficult questions by damning everyone not as blinkered as him into the darkness of an eternal death.

Religion has a lot to answer for but atheism and secular society are not devoid of a thirst for death and war on a huge scale also. You are the one who suggested that some cultures are better than others and so I have patiently awaited for even the most simple definition of what you are referring to when you say culture?

Are you saying Christian versus Islamic Culture?

I am quite aware that calling out the ignorant hate preachers within some Islamic cultures has been lazily labelled as Islamaphobic by many apologists on the left, and that the ludicrous contortionism employed by many commentators to appease these intellectual belly dragging thugs goes beyond the pale. That though in itself does not lead me to believe that Islamic Culture on the whole appropriates these attitudes wholesale or that Christian culture is somehow exemplified by tolerance, clear thinking and compassion.

These are huge assumptions to make and you have to narrow everything down to such arbitary measures that one ends up willingly blinding oneself to so many aspects of culture, behaviour, morals and tradition that you risk shuffling yourself further down the see saw in order to try and counterbalance somebody intent on occupying the furthest opposite end.

The lens of your geographic upbringing, multicultural genes and evolving morality means that even being able to define your own culture is doomed to failure. There are no simple answers.

If you are going to support your claim you have to make a list and put cultures in order from top to bottom. The variables are huge and cherry picking horrendous aspects practiced by individuals, groups, sect, regions, countries even is still not going to reflect Islamic Culture any more than comparing finite aspects of Christian or secular culture would do the same.

It is an assertion that is impossible to answer conclusively.

That of course is just my opinion and you are entitled to yours.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    1. Lyle you are your own worst enemy. You spend every waking hour posting other people's opinions from your little media echo chamber and then wonder why people wonder when you are going to come up with an opinion of your own.

2. The one thing i hope we can agree on is that you should always hold at arms length and with deep suspicion anyone who claims to be certain about anything. The extremist so blinded by the exclusion of anything that dims his divine light, he is willing to eclipse the lives of others in order to gain his own seat in the best post death show in the Universe. This is not something inextricably wedded to one culture. To believe so is to wish for oneself a world as simple as that which only the self righteous chosen one can just avoid difficult questions by damning everyone not as blinkered as him into the darkness of an eternal death.

3. Religion has a lot to answer for but atheism and secular society are not devoid of a thirst for death and war on a huge scale also. You are the one who suggested that some cultures are better than others and so I have patiently awaited for even the most simple definition of what you are referring to when you say culture?

4. Are you saying Christian versus Islamic Culture?

5. I am quite aware that calling out the ignorant hate preachers within some Islamic cultures has been lazily labelled as Islamaphobic by many apologists on the left, and that the ludicrous contortionism employed by many commentators to appease these intellectual belly dragging thugs goes beyond the pale. That though in itself does not lead me to believe that Islamic Culture on the whole appropriates these attitudes wholesale or that Christian culture is somehow exemplified by tolerance, clear thinking and compassion.

6. These are huge assumptions to make and you have to narrow everything down to such arbitary measures that one ends up willingly blinding oneself to so many aspects of culture, behaviour, morals and tradition that you risk shuffling yourself further down the see saw in order to try and counterbalance somebody intent on occupying the furthest opposite end.

7. The lens of your geographic upbringing, multicultural genes and evolving morality means that even being able to define your own culture is doomed to failure. There are no simple answers.

8. If you are going to support your claim you have to make a list and put cultures in order from top to bottom. The variables are huge and cherry picking horrendous aspects practiced by individuals, groups, sect, regions, countries even is still not going to reflect Islamic Culture any more than comparing finite aspects of Christian or secular culture would do the same.

9. It is an assertion that is impossible to answer conclusively.

That of course is just my opinion and you are entitled to yours.
    1. That's not a rebuttal, that's an attack on my character...many thanks for that, AGAIN

2. Again, not a rebuttal, it's more along the lines of you throwing the debate entirely 'Well, we can't know for CERTAIN'....oh, we can't? I know FOR CERTAIN that in Western Culture in general spousal abuse is NOT accepted...it happens it's just NOT accepted but in ISLAMIC cultures spousal abuse is CELEBRATED, it's not just accepted as "Hey that happens" no it's fucking celebrated!

3. Culture consists of the beliefs, behaviors, objects, and other characteristics common to the members of a particular group or society. Through culture, people and groups define themselves, conform to society's shared values, and contribute to society.....that's from Google, it's pretty basic, fairly simple stuff to find.

4. I'm saying Western Culture (ie the Cultures of the Western hemisphere) are better, more humane, more advanced than the cultures of the Middle East/Islamic Nations. For example in the West Women can drive and women can work, in Saudi Arabia women cannot drive and IF women work the money they earn goes to their husbands...those are CULTURAL DIFFERENCES and you apparently are all 'How can you tell which one is better?!?!?!'

5. Many a research poll has been done and found that PLENTY of Muslims regardless of country, even in the West believe in suicide bombing, death to apostates (those who leave Islam), death to those who slander the Prophet, Sharia Law, and Female Genital Mutilation......but hey I am 1 BILLION % CERTAIN that similar feelings are found in your average Westerner right Beanz?

6. I don't make assumptions, I've backed up all of my arguments with facts and evidence, but I guess when you Tut Tut everything I post then there is no evidence because you put your blinders up and don't see it and therefore you never address it, NEVER!

7. What are you even getting at here?

8. I've made my claims Beanz and you pull this same bullshit every fucking time delay, deny, change the subject....how's about YOU fucking get your ass in gear and tell us why all cultures are equal OR you make the argument that 'we can never know which cultures are better or worse'......I can fucking tell you right now that here in America we don't do human sacrifice the way the Aztecs did, want to bring that kind of thing back Beanz do you? I mean if that culture is equal to our culture now why the fuck not bring that back?

9. Yes and in a debate you provide an argument for your assertion, so do that and quit delaying, holy fuck what page are we on here and I'm waiting for you to actually debate as you promised you would.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have you lost the ability to even have a conversation Lyle?. Just pages of epic butthurt and looking up Google and youtube ain't going to cut it.

You are not going to get me to get on the floor and jabber like a simpleton in order to make you feel like the big man. You are a fucking control freak. Numbered Points? Why are you so afraid of educating yourself? go and get it out of your system.

You are using examples like Saudi Arabia and the time of the Aztecs to make Western Culture, by which you mean Americay the top dog. It's beyond childish. I don't want to hold you in disdain but you don't even get in the door. You can keep knocking but any amount of expensive cigars and wines are never going to be a substitute for a small amount of common sense.

Grow up
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Have you lost the ability to even have a conversation Lyle?. Just pages of epic butthurt and looking up Google and youtube ain't going to cut it.

You are not going to get me to get on the floor and jabber like a simpleton in order to make you feel like the big man. You are a fucking control freak. Numbered Points? Why are you so afraid of educating yourself? go and get it out of your system.

You are using examples like Saudi Arabia and the time of the Aztecs to make Western Culture, by which you mean Americay the top dog. It's beyond childish. I don't want to hold you in disdain but you don't even get in the door. You can keep knocking but any amount of expensive cigars and wines are never going to be a substitute for a small amount of common sense.

Grow up
    You didn't start this thread for conversation you started it for debate of which I'm supplying the entire portion. Again that ain't a rebuttal it's a personal attack, thank you.

Not a rebuttal, personal attack...numbered so that you could follow along and not get lost, again thank you.

They are cultures which I'm saying that the west is better than AND this is the funny part, THAT'S MY ENTIRE SIDE OF THE DEBATE! "You're using other cultures to make your culture look better"....well my argument IS literally 'some cultures are better than others' soooo thanks for telling me that even you think I'm winning I guess.

Grow up? You are retarded.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No. You are being intellectually dishonest. You're using the example of Saudi Arabia, a despotic regime held up by your country, to represent the entire Islamic world, which overall in comparison is much more moderate. And then comparing Aztec human sacrifice from hundreds of years ago to America in 2017. What culture is better than American culture then? Or is you argument just flag waving bollocks like most of your simplistic world view. You can't debate for toffees. It's just rhetoric, dogma,bile and hyperbole. You have with a library at your fingertips and have settled for a pamphlet.

El Kabong Guest

No. You are being intellectually dishonest. You're using the example of Saudi Arabia, a despotic regime held up by your country, to represent the entire Islamic world, which overall in comparison is much more moderate. And then comparing Aztec human sacrifice from hundreds of years ago to America in 2017. What culture is better than American culture then? Or is you argument just flag waving bollocks like most of your simplistic world view. You can't debate for toffees. It's just rhetoric, dogma,bile and hyperbole. You have with a library at your fingertips and have settled for a pamphlet.
    Move those goal posts! Have your fucking pick of Islamic nations Beanz, choose one, choose 5 for all I care, I'll have the same arguments....Which countries still outlaw apostasy and blasphemy? | Pew Research Center ......how is that for "hyperbole"?

Which cultures are better than American culture is something that can be debated which pretty much rules you out of that conversation because you don't know how that works.

I've provided my side.....everybody is waiting on your rebuttal, but I'm thinking that is not coming else you would have posted it already.

Go cry in the corner

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Move those goal posts! Have your fucking pick of Islamic nations Beanz, choose one, choose 5 for all I care, I'll have the same arguments....Which countries still outlaw apostasy and blasphemy? | Pew Research Center ......how is that for "hyperbole"?

Which cultures are better than American culture is something that can be debated which pretty much rules you out of that conversation because you don't know how that works.

I've provided my side.....everybody is waiting on your rebuttal, but I'm thinking that is not coming else you would have posted it already.

Go cry in the corner
    How have I moved the goalposts by quoting your dumb post? You as usual just cite negative aspects of cultures without proving your point. You are proving nothing by pointing out flaws your job as the muppet that just regurgitates alt right propaganda is to prove how "Some cultures are better than others".

Anybody can say this is 3 is shit and 5 is shit therefor every number is shit. It doesnt prove anything it just demonstrates how dependent your viewpoint is on your innate distrust of numbers.

There are Blasphemy laws in Greece, Finland etc and closer to you in Massachushetts, Michigan,Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Wyoming and...................South Carolina

All you are proving is that you do not agree with Blasphemy laws because you want everyone to be like America. In fact more than that even that is apparently not enough for you you want everyone to be alt right port swilling hipsters with a desperate need to want to seem way more sophisticated than they will ever be.

Nobody is awaiting my rebuttal and nobody but your bum chum Brockton is in the least bit bothered by what happens here one way or the other.

You are limping now
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

The title of the thread is "Some cultures are better than others" and you have a problem with me citing negative aspects of other cultures .....you're a special kind of stupid aren't you.

Last time I checked the blasphemy laws in the US (where there are some in certain states apparently) #1 aren't enforced (PLEASE find the last time they were enforced) #2 aren't punishable by death. But that's cool, draw that comparison all you want it only furthers MY side of the argument because in Muslim nations blasphemy and apostasy ARE punishable by death OR a large portion of the population want it to be punishable by death.

You have lost.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he has lost, yet goes on moralizing, for what? I can't figure this guy out. He's bright, he's creative, he humorously dry, he's talented, and he looks out for the downtrodden, the abused, the victims of evil, we get it, we get it, but his moralizing is just, just.......phony.

Yeah, phony. That's the thing, innit?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    he has lost, yet goes on moralizing, for what? I can't figure this guy out. He's bright, he's creative, he humorously dry, he's talented, and he looks out for the downtrodden, the abused, the victims of evil, we get it, we get it, but his moralizing is just, just.......phony.

Yeah, phony. That's the thing, innit?
    It's like playing chess against a pigeon....he's just shitting all over the board.

El Kabong Guest

All cultures are good, equal, and special in their own way

El Kabong Guest

Aaaaaah a BEAUTIFUL CULTURE. "Standing too close to her boyfriend" gets you a fucking CANING!!!! 23 LASHES!!!!! I can't wait to get lashed for drinking alcohol which I do whenever the fuck I want to over here in the United States, but hey Freedom is a burden it's best to have some asshole tell you what to do and then lash you with a fucking rod if you do something different

Thread Information