229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: Ricky Burns v Julius Indongo - rd-by-rd/Sky Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Wasn't it burns that was getting beaten by that skinny legged dude? The other dude was miles ahead and only had to see the last two rounds out and he would have had an easy win but he quit on his stool, I think it was the fight before the Beltran fight...then again I think I could be making this up entirely
    You are and to think primo trusts you as his promoter/manager.
    That fight definitely happened with someone, I can't remember who it was though

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wasn't it burns that was getting beaten by that skinny legged dude? The other dude was miles ahead and only had to see the last two rounds out and he would have had an easy win but he quit on his stool, I think it was the fight before the Beltran fight...then again I think I could be making this up entirely
    I demand you and primo by association be drug tested.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If actually be clean, I've not touched an illegal substance for about 5 years, Primo is roiding his tits off though

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If actually be clean, I've not touched an illegal substance for about 5 years, Primo is roiding his tits off though
    The only drug in me is 100% pure PASTA!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The geezer @Batman you're thinking of is Jose Gonzalez. He schooled Burns for about 6 rounds but had his heart broke as Burns wouldn't slow down, bottled it and quit
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    The geezer @Batman you're thinking of is Jose Gonzalez. He schooled Burns for about 6 rounds but had his heart broke as Burns wouldn't slow down, bottled it and quit
    Was Burns coming back into it then at the time that he quit? I thought that Burns would have needed KO to win because the other dude was that far ahead on points.

I might see if it is on YouTube or sommet and refresh my memory

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well at the time the majority of wally's claimed it was a fix (to save face Eddie paid the PR's mob off).

I was dumbfouded by the quit job at first, as he was winning so easily, however, watching it back it's clear he was wilting badly just before he quit. Then a few fights later quit again when winning a fight. Clearly a dodge pot.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricky Burns says he will show Julius Indongo he is far from retirement when they face each other in their super-lightweight unification fight on Saturday.

WBA champion Burns will meet the unbeaten IBF and IBO world champion at the Hydro at the age of 34, the same as the Namibian.

Indongo, when asked about Burns, said: "I thought he was retired by now."

"He is going to find out the hard way, hopefully," responded Burns.

"This is only the second time fighting out of Namibia, so we will see how he is going to like the Glasgow crowd and we will also see how he is going to like it in the second half of the fight when I am sticking it on him.

"It is going to be a good night. Training has gone well. The last week is a pain, with all the things to deal with, but roll on fight night."

Indongo won his belt with a first-round knockout of Russia's Eduard Troyanovsky in Moscow in December.

However, Burns, making the second defence of the title he picked up in May, was unimpressed.

"It was the first 30 seconds of the first round, so you can't really take a lot from it," said the Coatbridge fighter, who has his 34th birthday on Thursday.

"He could have caught that boy cold. It could have happened to anybody.

"Before that fight, he had 20 fights and 10 knockouts. Obviously he can punch a bit.

"But I don't think he is this big puncher that he is making out he is, but we are going to find out how good he is on Saturday."

Burns has struggled with southpaws in the past and has been preparing for Indongo's style.

"The big difference in preparation is that the sparring has been with southpaws, getting in a good variety," he said.

"We have been bringing in boys similar to the boy we are fighting; tall, rangy, awkward.

"But I have been handling southpaws a lot better than I thought I would have done.

"Preparation has gone well, sparring has gone well, so it is just a case of taking what we have been doing and producing it in the fight."
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going to go with Indongo in this fight. Burns has had a few lucky calls and he might be right for the taking.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm going to go with Indongo in this fight. Burns has had a few lucky calls and he might be right for the taking.
    Yet Burns keeps coming back and defying the odds.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm gonna take a chance on Burns stopping him (6/1) even though he's not a puncher.

I watched a little bit more of Indigo other than his 30 second sparko, he's very tall with a rangefinder jab to set up the left hand but looks a rinse and repeat merchant and clumsy going backwards. The only other fella of note he's beat is an old Kaizer Mabuza, on PTS. That one punch sparko looks a bit misleading as far his whackabilty goes.

Burns has the experience at top level against every size and style. Excellent engine, beard and although best from range - jab, right hand - can fight on the inside and targets the body. Expect Indongo to start well but at 35 (probably 40 going by the fudged African ages) with just 21 fights I can see him getting outclassed, forced backed and punished on the ropes. 50/1 rds 9, 10, 11.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Namibia's Julius Indongo plans to take advantage of the flaws he says he has seen in Ricky Burns.

The IBF world super-lightweight champion and Coatbridge fighter Burns, who holds the WBA version at 10st, meet in a unification bout in Glasgow on Saturday.

"He is making a lot of mistakes," the undefeated 34-year-old former Olympian told BBC Scotland.

"If he is not aware of those mistakes, I feel pity for him."

Indongo fought abroad many times as an amateur, but the bout in front of a partisan crowd at the Hydro will be only his second contest outside Namibia as a professional.

His only other foreign fight came in December when he stunned the previously unbeaten IBF champion Eduard Troyanovsky in Moscow within a minute. That took the tall southpaw's record to 21 wins in as many fights, 11 of which have come by way of knockout.

Speaking after taking part in a public workout in Glasgow city centre, Indongo revealed that his country's president, Hage Geingob, had contacted him about the contest.

"I have been sent on a mission by my president, and also by the force, because I work as a police officer," he said.

"I received his blessing and he recommended that I should always keep my guard. He is a man of sport and loves sport very much.

"It is no pressure. It is an honour. I have been given a privilege and I have to take that responsibility.

Ricky Burns v Julius Indongo: Namibian plans to take advantage of Scot's 'flaws' - BBC Sport

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ricky Burns v Julius Indongo - rd-by-rd/Sky Sports

Another pony undercard.

That's Crolla and Burns back-to-back on "free" Sky with a Sunday afternoon yorkhall card. Give them the benefit with Liverpool next week followed by Wembley

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Relikh wasn't considered a world beater going in and I thought he was hard done by. Burns has the experience at world level but he is 2 weight classes above his best weight, has shown signs of slipping and fighting a big 140 pounder. I'm not really worried who wins here but I see the potential for an upset.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricky Burns v Julius Indongo: Scot facing 'biggest fight of my career'

Ricky Burns believes he faces the "biggest fight" of his career against IBF and IBO champion Julius Indongo.

Burns defends his WBA super-lightweight belt on Saturday, and believes he can overcome his Namibian foe in Glasgow.

Southpaw Indongo won the IBF title by knocking out Eduard Troyanovsky 40 seconds into their contest in December.

"If I can unify the division and add another world title to the collection, it doesn't get any bigger than that," said 34-year-old Scot Burns.

"We know we've got a tough fight on our hands. It's going to be a tricky opponent, but preparation has gone well.

"He's tall, he has a height and reach advantage over me and he's a southpaw which makes him even more awkward, but the sparring has been great. We're confident that whatever comes our way, we'll be able to deal with it.

"Mentally, I'm always prepared for whatever's coming my way and I'm not afraid to lose. I will fight anybody they put in front of me. I will always give it 100%. I'm looking forward to it."

Burns, who celebrated his birthday on Thursday, weighed in at 9st 13lb, as did Indongo.

Burns is only the third British fighter to have won world titles at three different weights, and victory would make him Scotland's first unified champion.

That would open up the possibility of a lucrative rematch with American Terence Crawford, the WBC and WBO super-lightweight champion, who defeated Burns in March 2014.

Steve Bunce, BBC Radio 5 live's boxing pundit, said: "You look at Burns' record - six or seven years of title fights, a three-weight world champion, one of only three Britons to do that in the last 120-odd years... you'd be shocked if Burns walked on to one of those punches.

"If this was a 21-year-old African with a couple of quick wins under his belt, you'd be a bit more alarmed.

"He can bang but I just fancy Burns knows too much. We underestimate Burns, he's been going under the radar too long."

One huge left hand brought Indongo to prominence. Fighting outside Namibia for the first time in his professional career, it took less than a minute for him to grab the IBF belt from Troyanovsky.

Undefeated in 21 contests, he was unfazed by the home crowd in Moscow and he also fought abroad when he competed in the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.

The 34-year-old believes he is fighting on behalf of his country and his continent, revealing the Namibian president had phoned him to wish him luck and tell him to keep his guard up.

"It's going to be an amazing night, when the impossible can become possible, things I never expected in life, whereby the world is going to know where I came from," Indongo said.

"I can promote my country at large, and believe me, the night is going to be an exciting one that nobody will ever have expected it to be. I'm going to give my all. I trust myself and it's not easy to reach this level. Nobody thought I would be where I am now.

"It's not easy to fight outside home, I have to adapt to the situation. My aim is to take victory home. I'm undefeated. He already knows how losing feels.

"My talent will prove to people who I am. I will give what I have and what the world doesn't know about."

Ricky Burns v Julius Indongo: Scot facing 'biggest fight of my career' - BBC Sport

Thread Information