184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vasyl Lomachenko is P4P #1

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I heard Lomachenko vs Salido II is set for the summer. Vasyl apparently demanded it.
    I'm not happy about this. Salido hasn't won a fight since 2014! I like Loma but same as I am with other top guys, I expect more. Get back only matters if the opponent still matters. They should have at least explored bigger fights before settling on this.
    I'm ok with it as I'm sure he will pursue bigger fights once he has avenged the loss on his record.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Might be unpopular opinion but lets just be clear, Brook jumping up was more about him wanting to be as big a star than he thought himself a superior fighter than GGG. Initially at least and honestly cannot blame him. But he put gloves on him. Facing Spence immediately off may again be more heart than mind but it's more respectable than some pampered wanker demanding catch weights in an already absurd Jr division madness. To many it's a pit stop. Tito demolished his way to 160 legitimacy if you ask me. The joke was on the majority of "experts" who failed to acknowledge Hopkins all along though.

Good post and good points all. The bolded statement is completely true and, although I've always been a big Brook fan and give him kudos for fighting respectably against GGG.... the truth of the matter is he JUMPED. He went directly from 147 to 160 with no tuneup fights... no fighting at 154... no facing someone at a slightly lower level than GGG. It was all about the "star impact", which is why many of us hesitate before trying to make Brook into something he's not..... a legitimate middleweight.
    I'd have far less respect for him for sure if he was one who came off with the "I didn't really lose that bad because no one really expected me to win in the first place" line. It's really one to be split on..if a guy jumps at his biggest challenge but fails bravely and comes back facing the best in proper division I can't knock it. Then again..arguably he never gave himself an honest chance by just packing on muscle and posing in the mirror and didn't fight his way to the weight. It was a short cut move for the reasons stated and I hope he's not doing it in reverse facing Spence without a working rebound 147 fight. Honestly what's this say about his star power and the fact he has the networks GGG demolition in the first place. Brook is just playing all his earned cards, facing the best and has the road paved. He's not a middleweight

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I heard Lomachenko vs Salido II is set for the summer. Vasyl apparently demanded it.
    I'm not happy about this. Salido hasn't won a fight since 2014! I like Loma but same as I am with other top guys, I expect more. Get back only matters if the opponent still matters. They should have at least explored bigger fights before settling on this.
    I think avenging a loss can be important for a fighter. Lennox Lewis did it and enhanced his legacy.

Khan did not because Prescott kept on losing his big fights so there was no need.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think avenging a loss can be important for a fighter. Lennox Lewis did it and enhanced his legacy.

Khan did not because Prescott kept on losing his big fights so there was no need.
    Big difference between an immediate rematch and avenging against a guy who hasn't won a fight in 3 years.

I know top guys can't always fight top guys. I'm just expressing what I want. What I want is Loma to take the biggest fight he can get. He says he wants Garcia, so he should show that by moving up to test the waters. Or if not that try to unify. If he can't any of those things done fine, get meaningless revenge. But try for greatness first.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair Salido should have won his last 2 fights.

Thread Information