Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: UK general election

Oh get real, will you. Long term psy op? You couldn't make up some of the nonsense you lot come out with. Maybe a more simple explanation is that your President has the early symptoms of Alzheimer's and simply makes it up as he goes along. He cannot even speak in full sentences or form them on Twitter. You are now in so deep with the Trump thing that you have no way out. He doesn't give a hoot about you and your life will get a lot worse. A one term show really as the blacklash is already growing.

The fact that you now show such hatred of Corbyn shows you in your flip floppy form and you are clearly in bed with some of the most insidious right wing views imaginable. How about you leave the Arabs alone and fix your own mess? The UK would do much better seeking a new path away from the deranged neo liberal let's shit on everyone except the rich and bomb anyone we like methodology. People can and should expect better. Just because you have given up and want to revel in chaos and hell doesn't mean everyone else has to. Some people want a future.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looking at Labours list (that Beanz posted), most of those things seem quite good and sensible things.

The problem, for me anyway, is that all those things cost billions and billions of pounds. Where's the money going to come from?

Labour have usually been a 'spending' government and that's the beauty of alternating governments because the Tories traditionally cut spending.

Both either spend or cut too much, so regular government changes tend to mean we get about the right amount of spending v cuts.

Ive never quite forgiven Gordon Brown for ruining all our pensions and selling all our gold reserves at their lowest value to fund his spending promises.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post

Looking at Labours list (that Beanz posted), most of those things seem quite good and sensible things.

The problem, for me anyway, is that all those things cost billions and billions of pounds. Where's the money going to come from?

Labour have usually been a 'spending' government and that's the beauty of alternating governments because the Tories traditionally cut spending.

Both either spend or cut too much, so regular government changes tend to mean we get about the right amount of spending v cuts.

Ive never quite forgiven Gordon Brown for ruining all our pensions and selling all our gold reserves at their lowest value to fund his spending promises.
    If you look at the debt levels the Tories are the biggest borrowers. Truth is the UK is in a hole and it will get worse as the next crash hits in. The Tories know it is coming and with Brexit making it worse want to extend their stay while they can. Meanwhile the media maintains the Corbyn is inept stance thus making it easier for them.

Corbyn's policies are sublime. With what is coming maybe the Tories deserve to be in charge though. The only problem is that the UK will be done for. It will be too far gone to ever fix again. Yet if Labour get in they still have to mop up the Tories mess. Tories have doubled the debt despite the nonsense austerity agenda that kills the vulnerable and meant the rise of food banks and homelessness.

Tragic.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

If you look at the debt levels the Tories are the biggest borrowers. Truth is the UK is in a hole and it will get worse as the next crash hits in. The Tories know it is coming and with Brexit making it worse want to extend their stay while they can. Meanwhile the media maintains the Corbyn is inept stance thus making it easier for them.

Corbyn's policies are sublime. With what is coming maybe the Tories deserve to be in charge though. The only problem is that the UK will be done for. It will be too far gone to ever fix again. Yet if Labour get in they still have to mop up the Tories mess. Tories have doubled the debt despite the nonsense austerity agenda that kills the vulnerable and meant the rise of food banks and homelessness.

Tragic.
    I agree with what you say about paying for all this and I do not think giving more money to the NHS is the answer as I believe efficiency savings can be made by these massive public sector organisations.

However the Tories austerity measures are not because they care about the next generation being burdened with debt but are ideologically driven to simply cut public expenditure and increase the private sector, so that when they retire they will sit on their boards as payback.

Tories do not care for the very poor and vulnerable in society. Inequality means cheap labour and zero hour contracts and reducing workers’ rights fits their agenda. A rise in Food banks and vulnerable people dying because they cannot pay their gas bills will increase. Teresa May says she wants to defend the oppressed but that is her admittance that they are a result of her governments policies.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Good man!

Yes indeed, where does the money come from?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Good man!

Yes indeed, where does the money come from?
    The millions paid to off shore accounts to avoid paying their fair share of taxes.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The millions paid to off shore accounts to avoid paying their fair share of taxes.
    Only the offshore accounts?

Jeremy Corbyn faces questions over release of his tax return | The Independent

Tax and spend lefties

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The millions avoiding through tax evasion would pay for the public expenditure easily enough.

El Kabong Guest

The millions avoiding through tax evasion would pay for the public expenditure easily enough.
    Tax AVOIDANCE =/= Tax EVASION

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Only the offshore accounts?

Jeremy Corbyn faces questions over release of his tax return | The Independent

Tax and spend lefties
    Corbyn's tax return has been show to be 100% legitimate and unlike virtually any other politician he was first to declare and has no offshore account. Meanwhile the millionaire tories are riddled with off shore tax scams and a huge criminal case looming for them with 12 separate Police forces looking to press charges for electoral fraud.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Middle England will not vote for Corbyn simple.
    He has one or two good policy's but he wants a open border policy.
    Before you have a free for all you need to get some money in the cofers the Tory's will empty the box.
    The 2 leaders are like Matt emulsion bland and disinteresting.
    This election is a important one as the outcome will mould our Country into a self governing none European​ flunky state as we were.
    @Gandalf and @Beanz. Wrongly think that I was calling Corbin a Welsh or a Cornish. I just wanted to use the word sheep-shagger I did not use it in your sense of the word sheep-shagger. Get your heads out of that little box do you think everything in the world is British English? Wrong again - epic fail as beanie says. Also I feel sorry for students in korea that have to listen to miles British accent he claims he sounds like an American but I highly doubt that. As for beanz he Probably sounds like a Dutchman
    Can you stop @mentioning me please? There is no such thing as a Cornish. You can be Cornish. You can be Welsh. You can be a Cornish person or a Welsh person. You are pretty hopeless at appropriating British colloquialisms or generating anything original at all it seems. I don't speak several languages fluently so I don't hold it against you but you just failed again.

I sound like a cross between a farmer and a fisherman because that is where I am from. I grew up alongside the River Tamar which divides Devon and Cornwall, and used to carry out the cargo barges up and down, so though I am a Janner I have a river dialect. The council estate I grew up on was surrounded by woods and had a large gypsy community outside and within it and that coupled with Irish/Romany Gyspy and Jewish Family explains my car crash of an accent.

I always imagine Miles to sound like Quentin Crisp, the Englishman in New York that Sting sung about.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's true X. It would be great to see everyone be equal although greed would not allow that anyway but is it governments job to do this? How big do these deficits go and how much do these programs feed the government as well as have people become over reliant on the entity. 20 trillion dollars is what we have racked up doing that. We borrow 100,000 dollars every minute and there is no end to these social programs. Men are not angels so they need government but the government should be limited because men are not angels. So said James Madison anyway. I payed 8,000 dollars in deductions on one job plus sales tax, plus property tax, plus car tax, plus capital gains, plus sales tax and my wife makes much more than me. We probably paid 25,000 in taxes if not more. What the fuck? I don't mind paying my share but I'm middle class. It becomes harder and harder to maintain. One crisis can wipe u out

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thing is everything Corbyn suggests is accounted for financially. It's simply about reversing the grotesque giveaways to the rich that the Tories brought in. The debt has doubled under the Tories as a result. They have no vision beyond giving their mates things in the here and now. In the long run this is devastating as no money is put into research or long term sustainability. You see it with Brexit, they obviously do not understand what they are doing and I say that as a pro Brexit person. You have dunces in control of areas of life that are incredibly sensitive and important.

All this 'Who will pay for it?' stuff is simple and it isn't the ordinary bloke working 40 hours a week for 1500 pounds a month nor the disabled this time. It's who should have been paying all along. The corporations, the tax scammer, the rich, the dead, etc.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thing is everything Corbyn suggests is accounted for financially. It's simply about reversing the grotesque giveaways to the rich that the Tories brought in. The debt has doubled under the Tories as a result. They have no vision beyond giving their mates things in the here and now. In the long run this is devastating as no money is put into research or long term sustainability. You see it with Brexit, they obviously do not understand what they are doing and I say that as a pro Brexit person. You have dunces in control of areas of life that are incredibly sensitive and important.

All this 'Who will pay for it?' stuff is simple and it isn't the ordinary bloke working 40 hours a week for 1500 pounds a month nor the disabled this time. It's who should have been paying all along. The corporations, the tax scammer, the rich, the dead, etc.
    And then more businesses leave or fold, more people out of work and the situation gets worse. Just as it always does. Corporations aren't evil, they employ millions of people

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

And then more businesses leave or fold, more people out of work and the situation gets worse. Just as it always does. Corporations aren't evil, they employ millions of people
    That's complete nonsense. The likes of Amazon for instance a) do not pay their taxes and b) hire people on the lowest terms and conditions possible. If they don't like it, they should piss off. Same with companies like Starbucks and McDonalds. They are bad for your health, have no respect for the country or the workers. Just get rid of them. Replace them with something local that will circulate money rather than siphoning it off and be better for you. Time for change.

Thread Information