Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vlad losing round 5 10-8 is why scoring rounds need to be adjusted & not so absolute

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vlad losing round 5 10-8 is why scoring rounds need to be adjusted & not so abso

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Should have been 9-9

Wlad won round 10-9
    Wlad loses point for Knockdown 9-9

Boxing is the most retarded scoring based sport in history.
    10 point muxt system means it must be scored 10 points.
    I don't think that's strictly true. For example, what would've happened if Wlad had floored AJ In the 5th as well?
    Would it then be 9-9?
    It's just an ass backwards system the 10 point must. It ignores reality and has the judges play with numbers. I get that it's trying to keep it simple with a 10 must base but don't like it. In that case I believe they'd actually make it 10-10 believe it or not. They cancel each other out. I've never seen a judge without at least one fighter winning a round with 10, save maybe for point deductions

Far as 5th had it 10-9. AJ winning round and gets KD. Knockdown is a singular event..10-8..Wlad come back to rattle AJ and win second half of round so evens out portion of round AJ won. 10-9.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 05-01-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vlad losing round 5 10-8 is why scoring rounds need to be adjusted & not so abso

I scored the 5th 10-9 for AJ.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    The scoring was perfectly fine, there were several coin flip rounds, and as this thread shows, people are undecided whether a single round was 10-9 or 10-8.

The Showtime bods had AJ in front going into the 11th and they scored the 5th 10-9.
    I think so too. It was a close fight, but Joshua probably edged his share of those early rounds based on Wlad being so hesitant. Wlad was throwing 40-50 punches a round against Haye, but was doing something like 20 a round for the first 4 against Joshua. You can't win rounds on doing almost nothing and being outlanded. Wlad did come on strong, but seemed to gas himself at the end. It was close overall. Think both fighters won about 5 rounds apiece myself with the 11th becoming very one sided.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    The scoring was perfectly fine, there were several coin flip rounds, and as this thread shows, people are undecided whether a single round was 10-9 or 10-8.

The Showtime bods had AJ in front going into the 11th and they scored the 5th 10-9.
    I think so too. It was a close fight, but Joshua probably edged his share of those early rounds based on Wlad being so hesitant. Wlad was throwing 40-50 punches a round against Haye, but was doing something like 20 a round for the first 4 against Joshua. You can't win rounds on doing almost nothing and being outlanded. Wlad did come on strong, but seemed to gas himself at the end. It was close overall. Think both fighters won about 5 rounds apiece myself with the 11th becoming very one sided.
    I saw it differently with the early rounds, I saw Wlad take the centre of the ring, be more assertive and accurate with his punches. He landed some good right hands too.
    Last edited by Master; 05-03-2017 at 10:54 PM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad has always been the weaker of the two brothers. Vitali would have busted Joshua up badly with his output and power. You couldn't really hurt Vitali Klitschko. The best heavyweight of recent decades.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Wlad has always been the weaker of the two brothers. Vitali would have busted Joshua up badly with his output and power. You couldn't really hurt Vitali Klitschko. The best heavyweight of recent decades.
    You could argue that about Riddick Bowe (when he first fought Holyfield) but Vitali was injury prone and not consistent enough to the extent Wlad was.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fans complaining about judges "shitty scoring" is almost as annoying as the "robbery" cries after every fight.

The judge that had AJ three pts up is apparently "incompetent" or "corrupt" yet when people reveal their own cards there's always discrepancies per round as there's several ways to arrive at the same score.

Two people score a fight 5-5 in rounds. One gave 3 of the first 5 to fighter 1, the other gave 2 of the first 5 to fighter 1. That means you've interpreted the second 5 rounds different too - 2-5, 3-5.

Therefore it's feasible to score the fight 6-4 fighter 1/4-6 fighter 1 - using your OWN interpretation of the rounds.

So who is the incompetent scorer? YOU!!!
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information