Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua-Wilder.

Wilders wildness is precisely the kind of thing that will work to his Advantage perhaps looking at the Cup being half-full instead of half-empty. Yes he is always in the wrong position I have seen him Square his feet up or sometimes have the wrong Lead Foot while throwing a punch and also constantly out of position. However nobody ever knows where the punches are coming from or from what angles it is very strange indeed and this could work to his Advantage. Look at the way Tyson Fury crazy antics and weird movement work to his Advantage. Wilder could just be another one of those that you cannot solve his stylistic problems.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This could come down to who has the ugliest footwork. Joshuas footwork can be a little linear and frankenstein-ish at times because he likes to conserve his energy by inching his way into range, plant his feet and go combo crazy. Wilders footwork can be even worse because his has the bad habit of walking perpendicular to the fight line and planting in a wide stance, which is why he can get turned easy and even taking to turning his back and running around the perimeter when he finds himself out of position.

The knockdown against Vlad: The knockdown might be an indication of an opportunity for wilder if only in the sense that it was a one two, which is wilders bread and butter and pretty much the only thing he does well. Most other times hes benefiting from his his natural height and reach. Would he set up the same way as vlad, probably not to create the opportunity. Wilder catches many opponents with that right hand because they are under the false impression the'yre out of range and hes got more arm than they think. So its more than possible that that wilder catches joshua with the one two, but its also very possible that it doesn't have the effect everyone's thinking.

Neither guy fights well off the back foot. AJ has the advantage to keep wilder on the back foot purely because he throws more punches but his bulk will wear him down fast. Then wilder probably starts his assault. Judging by how he was sucking wind after his first attempt to close the show, this could be real bad news for AJ. Conditioning is key when youre hauling that much muscle. If he adds more head movement to his game instead of shelling up and trying to weather the storm, this could be an easy fight for him.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was an excellent post Jay Undisputed. I agree. You know Joshua makes a lot of mistakes he sometimes does not know if he should commit to his punches and he often reaches with his punches. Wilder's favorite is the one two and Wilder will be throwing a lot more one-twos than Klit did. That could spell disaster 4 Joshua. Wilder also hits a lot harder than Klitschko. The guy has freakish power I won't compare him to George Foreman but I don't know where he gets his power from with those windmill arm punches
    Last edited by brocktonblockbust; 05-03-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tbh I don't even think Wilder has that much power. As he's gone up in standard that's been noticeable.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder could shadow box in the bathroom mirror for a month and he'll never have the educated punching and ring awareness of a Wlad. His faults and nil defense leave him as vulnerable as his power benefits him. It's a helluva trade off and one with an expiration date. His delivery system is shit. Honestly think AJ learned and showed more adjustment in that fight than Wilder has in last 10 fights. It's a true statement 'AJ is still a bit green' but Wilder is just raw. His wildness gives him a chance against majority today, but it's a very small window and a quality jab resets him every time. I like Joshua to ko him.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Wilder could shadow box in the bathroom mirror for a month and he'll never have the educated punching and ring awareness of a Wlad. His faults and nil defense leave him as vulnerable as his power benefits him. It's a helluva trade off and one with an expiration date. His delivery system is shit. Honestly think AJ learned and showed more adjustment in that fight than Wilder has in last 10 fights. It's a true statement 'AJ is still a bit green' but Wilder is just raw. His wildness gives him a chance against majority today, but it's a very small window and a quality jab resets him every time. I like Joshua to ko him.
    Great post I agree with all of it. I would go as far to say Wilder has regressed.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Great post I agree with all of it. I would go as far to say Wilder has regressed.
    AJ will get better from the experience and now we know he can go hard for 12 rounds. There are improvements that he will know he has to make.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information