Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Joshua-Wilder.

Who wins if they fight? I think Joshua knocks Wilder out.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua-Wilder.

I think AJ wins but I also don't think Wilder would let him off the hook if he is blowing out of his arse by the end of the 4th round.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the Heavyweight fight i wanna see the most as they are two Massive punchers who will look for the KO from the off, can see this being over before the halfway stage too.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ wins and it will be relatively easy compared to Wlad. Wilder is an unpolished fighter with a suspect chin. AJ is too skilled and will knock him out.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    AJ wins and it will be relatively easy compared to Wlad. Wilder is an unpolished fighter with a suspect chin. AJ is too skilled and will knock him out.
    His chin isn't as suspect as wlads chin and it took AJ 11 rounds to knock him out

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know I'm in the minority but I think Wilder takes it. It's weird because before the weld fight I thought that AJ would win. AJ needs to work on his gas tank and learn to hold when hurt. Wilder has a devastating right hand and he generally stays on the outside and jabs. I think the fight will be close but Wilder chins him late in the fight.

I could easily see AJ winning too though. It's a pretty 50/50 fight for me, but if I had to put money on one of them, I would pick Wilder.

El Kabong Guest

AJ should take it, he's been tried and tested and come out of the storm a winner....that said, a win like that can take a lot out of a fighter, if AJ keeps his head on straight and doesn't blow himself up with Coke and whole hog BBQ , then hopefully he'll reign for a long time. Dude is a class act, he still has some polishing left to do in his game, but he has the skills to do it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This would be a 5-10 minute adrenaline rush for the spectator.

Bring it on
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would have to pick Joshua. If Wilder catches him it'll be over but I see AJ staying patient waiting for the openings that Wilder will undoubtedly present.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I would have to pick Joshua. If Wilder catches him it'll be over but I see AJ staying patient waiting for the openings that Wilder will undoubtedly present.

Agree.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yesterday I was listening to an American phone-in thingy on youtube, loads and loads of American fans were picking Wilder to spark out Joshua, all based on him hitting the deck against Wlad. Everyone kept saying "Wilder would have killed AJ after knocking him down."

Even ignoring how faulty that logic is (does he have the ability to land the shot) - Is it really a given that Wilder finishes AJ if he hurts him? He couldn't finish Stiverne and took double the rounds to get rid of Molina and Arreola after chinning them. Duhaupas took him 11 rounds then was totally outclassed and decapitated against the cheating cunt Povetkin.

Boxing fans (rightfully) judge fighters on the level of their competition, however, it just goes to show how quickly perceptions are changed. Joshua getting floored against a bona-fide, sparko punching elite boxer is enough to ignore that Wilder has never even ventured into elite territory yet.

I'm not certain Wilder beats a hard-as-nails, fearless, heavy handed guy like Breazeale or Whyte let alone Klitschko.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have to agree with that American phone in thingy. Joshua's like Ken Norton and Wilder is like George Foreman. Bad matchup for Anthony Joshua

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Have to agree with that American phone in thingy. Joshua's like Ken Norton and Wilder is like George Foreman. Bad matchup for Anthony Joshua
    AJ will prove to be far better than Norton and Wilder will prove to be far worse than Foreman.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Deontay Wilder could be George Foreman or he could be Michael Grant....it's hard to tell right now who he's more like because the competition hasn't been there. That said I believe that the fighter who throws the more compact and direct punches is the one that will win a fight. AJ ain't perfect but he's got good form and he's got good pop...he needs to avoid a few more punches in the future though. Wilder is exactly like his name he's wild, he throws windmills and it's hard to know just how much he has on those punches and it's not a mystery as to why he's always hurting himself throwing those bombs because the form is all off.

Wilder has a lot more to work on than AJ, I think if AJ works on doing a bit more stick and move he'll be good. The less he relies on his own punching power the better for him in the long run guys like Lennox Lewis and Wladimir Klitschko should be who he is looking to copy and not guys like Riddick Bowe who always gave up his height and reach advantages. Wilder given his frame and size, SHOULD be working on those attributes as well....Larry Holmes, Tommy Hearns, are good guys for him to watch and attempt to mimic but someone like Paul Williams (which is kind of how he fights right now) would be someone he could copy who is fun to watch but could shorten his career tremendously.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder doesn't fight anything like Paul Williams (who always wanted to get inside), they're just lanky framed fighters, Wilder don't know what the fuck to do anytime he's not in range to land his right hand. He can't even use his pool cue jab if the other guy hasn't got breeze blocks chained to his feet.

I like Wilder, but his "wildness" is the best thing he has going for him. He's not a no-hoper against the best in the division because they could run into his propellers any time he's still windmilling.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information