Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tyson Fury claims he could beat Anthony Joshua with 'one arm tied behind my back'

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tyson Fury claims he could beat Anthony Joshua with 'one arm tied behind my back'

"I wonder what people would be saying today if Klitschko had done him in the sixth. I was screaming, pulling my hair out - or what little hair I've got left - because I was worried it would cost us millions!
    "He showed a lot in that fight. He showed he can get dropped and come back, which is what champions are made of. He showed he can recover from taking big shots.
    "There's only one fight out there, the biggest fight in the world and everyone knows that. It is the heavyweights, it is me and AJ, no one else.

Tyson Fury claims he could beat Anthony Joshua with 'one arm tied behind my back' | The Independent

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury claims he could beat Anthony Joshua with 'one arm tied behind my back'

Here's the thing. We can say what we want, but I think it's pretty certain that Fury is "mentally unstable" to say the least. Yeah, at the moment he's motivated to the max, who wouldn't be? But the first thing he needs to do is lose 7 stone! And in the right way without weakening himself would be a bonus. Factor in the possibility of injuries because he's trying to get back too quick. This is a very possible scenario.
    Then , he needs to blow off the cobwebs. Anywhere along the line, he might go off the rails . This would then further put him back.
    I'm not sure that someone as mentally unstable as him can be that disciplined......again! He was for the Wlad fight , mentally and physically, and look what it took out of him.
    If Fury was as he was against Wlad, and AJ was also, I reckon AJ might just catch up with him. Styles make fights and he led Wlad a merry dance, but I'm not sure that'll be enough for 12 rounds against a Joshua, who age wise is in his prime.
    Not sure they will ever both be at their peaks though.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury claims he could beat Anthony Joshua with 'one arm tied behind my back'

Fury needs time but he now has the motivation to get back in the ring and beat AJ. Fury has the boxing skills and ability to do it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Well right now he's winning pie eating contests with BOTH arms tied behind his back....when he can see his feet again maybe he can talk more shit but right now he's just another fat fuck with no job

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope I'm wrong but I fear we'll never see a peak condition Fury back in the ring again.

Real shame
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this is a claim from a guy who won a thin verdict in the worst hw fight since Tyson v boneclutcher , a drug taking bigot without a boxing license well lets make the fight.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It really depends on what he has left when he returns. Have the drugs and lifestyle damaged him permanently? We won't know until he gets back in the ring; whenever that may be.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Isn't that how he fought Wlad?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    this is a claim from a guy who won a thin verdict in the worst hw fight since Tyson v boneclutcher , a drug taking bigot without a boxing license well lets make the fight.
    Yes. Fuck Fury. He bangs on about running n winning a horrid and dull points decision. Joshua just went to war and emerged victorious.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah, I reckon early in Frank Brunos career versus Master of Disaster was worse

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Yes. Fuck Fury. He bangs on about running n winning a horrid and dull points decision. Joshua just went to war and emerged victorious.
    The difference is that in some peoples eyes, Fury had exposed Wlad and in turn made it easier for Joshua (mentally) when the fight was eventually made.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Better be a big rope. Fury has many other things to beat before AJ should take him seriously.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    The difference is that in some peoples eyes, Fury had exposed Wlad and in turn made it easier for Joshua (mentally) when the fight was eventually made.
    There is though some truth in that. The mental part is HUGE, really huge in life as well as boxing. A moment's hesitation, the attitude that it ain't going to happen for you, the willingness to get back up etc. Fury used the tools that he had brilliantly, however crap it might have looked from outside of the ring. Unless you think Wlad is absolute garbage, you can hardly pretend Fury is a rubbish.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would pay to see fury fight AJ with one arm tied behind his back.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's had his moments I'll give him that, but Tyson Fury ran out of interesting things to say a long time ago. He's literally dined out on one great win for longer than anyone I care to remember. Everything up until Wlad was mediocre, I dont care how big a fan you are, he was average.

Presses the self destruct button, sticks a bucket load of gear up his spout, gets pinged for nandralone excessive boar meat consumption. Gets proper fat, then has the fucking front to call it a comeback? No fucking chance mate! You're no George Foreman.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information