Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  265
Dislikes Dislikes:  8
Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 705

Thread: Golovkin-Canelo OFFICIAL!!!- Sept 16th

Share/Bookmark
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    813
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    143
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin-Canelo OFFICIAL!!!- Sept 16th

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    I don't get the hype behind GGG, he barely got past Jacobs
    He's easy to hit and painfully slow with both his hands and feet.
    Canelo is no Sinatra with the foot work. Alvarez maybe quicker with hands but GGG's timing is on point. GGG can take what Canelo throws, I don't think Canelo can stand up to what GGG throws back at him.
    Canelo's power really isn't that bad
    And there's nothing to suggest his chin is bad.
    Golovkin isn't a huge puncher in my opinion,
    He's just accurate and consistent (he grinds people down)

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    7,127
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    261
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin-Canelo OFFICIAL!!!- Sept 16th

    Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    I don't get the hype behind GGG, he barely got past Jacobs
    He's easy to hit and painfully slow with both his hands and feet.
    Canelo is no Sinatra with the foot work. Alvarez maybe quicker with hands but GGG's timing is on point. GGG can take what Canelo throws, I don't think Canelo can stand up to what GGG throws back at him.
    Canelo's power really isn't that bad
    And there's nothing to suggest his chin is bad.
    Golovkin isn't a huge puncher in my opinion,
    He's just accurate and consistent (he grinds people down)
    Alvarez has been wobbled before. Nothing of note recently but only Kirkland & Angulo were punchers and they were past their best. GGG definitely does grind opponents down and the accumulation of punchers finally catches up. Canelo's power is debatable, every time he has fought a decent opponent the fight has gone the distance. I have seen GGG get hit but I have also seen some of his defensive nuances.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    23,009
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2837
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin-Canelo OFFICIAL!!!- Sept 16th

    I can't envisage Canelo being knocked out, he's such a stocky built tank and certain he has the power to stop Golovkin taking liberties.

    Now if Jacobs was able to convince many people he outboxed Golovkin (lost narrowly on official judges cards) after spending the entire fight on the backfoot, suffering a knockdown and being overall out-punched, including the significant stat of being out-jabbed in 11 of 12 rounds (throwing 200 less overall), then Canelo has the counterpunch - steal rounds in bursts/spots - style to get a decision.

    I like Golovkin to win on PTS - from a betting perspective 7/2 - but concerned he wont get the decision (whether it's deserved or not).
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,269
    Mentioned
    1481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2722
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin-Canelo OFFICIAL!!!- Sept 16th

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    I don't get the hype behind GGG, he barely got past Jacobs
    He's easy to hit and painfully slow with both his hands and feet.
    Canelo is no Sinatra with the foot work. Alvarez maybe quicker with hands but GGG's timing is on point. GGG can take what Canelo throws, I don't think Canelo can stand up to what GGG throws back at him.
    GGG is awesome fighter, very heavy handed, powerful jab, great ring generalship and comes to fight all the time. GGG brings excitement and should be appreciated.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    813
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    143
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin-Canelo OFFICIAL!!!- Sept 16th

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Alvarez has been wobbled before. Nothing of note recently but only Kirkland & Angulo were punchers and they were past their best. GGG definitely does grind opponents down and the accumulation of punchers finally catches up. Canelo's power is debatable, every time he has fought a decent opponent the fight has gone the distance. I have seen GGG get hit but I have also seen some of his defensive nuances.
    He’s had 51 fights and he has been boxing since he was a teenager
    I can’t remember him ever touching down in a fight?
    Canelo scored highlight reel one punch knockouts against Khan, Kirkland
    And Baldomir! Who has Golovkin knocked out like that?
    Most of his stoppages are TKO’s around the 8th round.

    I think Canelo’s power is underrated, Golovkin’s power is overrated
    But I’d agree GGG is the bigger puncher of the two (slightly)

    Canelo has far better defence. His head movement is underrated
    Golovkin Isn’t difficult to find as he’s straight up and straight forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    GGG is awesome fighter, very heavy handed, powerful jab, great ring generalship and comes to fight all the time. GGG brings excitement and should be appreciated.
    He seems one paced, one dimensional and there’s no special effects (as Floyd said)
    I don’t find his slow plodding around the ring to be all that exciting
    He has power but he’s not explosive. There’s plenty of fighters I’d rather watch.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,269
    Mentioned
    1481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2722
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin-Canelo OFFICIAL!!!- Sept 16th

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    GGG is awesome fighter, very heavy handed, powerful jab, great ring generalship and comes to fight all the time. GGG brings excitement and should be appreciated.
    He seems one paced, one dimensional and there’s no special effects (as Floyd said)
    I don’t find his slow plodding around the ring to be all that exciting
    He has power but he’s not explosive. There’s plenty of fighters I’d rather watch.[/QUOTE]

    Little Floyd only said that because GGG would smash him to pieces.

    GGG is effective and destructive who has beaten good fighters with ease.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    813
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    143
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin-Canelo OFFICIAL!!!- Sept 16th

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

    Little Floyd only said that because GGG would smash him to pieces.

    GGG is effective and destructive who has beaten good fighters with ease.
    Now he would (probably) but prime for prime I'll take Mayweather in that fight
    Golovkin was struggle with the speed and movement of Mayweather.

    It's a shame we didn't see Martinez fight Golovkin
    When Sergio was at his best. Jacobs is the only top fighter GGG has beaten
    And that fight was really close. Guys like Rubio, Macklin and Stevens aren't anything special.

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,269
    Mentioned
    1481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2722
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin-Canelo OFFICIAL!!!- Sept 16th

    Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

    Little Floyd only said that because GGG would smash him to pieces.

    GGG is effective and destructive who has beaten good fighters with ease.
    Now he would (probably) but prime for prime I'll take Mayweather in that fight
    Golovkin was struggle with the speed and movement of Mayweather.

    It's a shame we didn't see Martinez fight Golovkin
    When Sergio was at his best. Jacobs is the only top fighter GGG has beaten
    And that fight was really close. Guys like Rubio, Macklin and Stevens aren't anything special.
    Beating Lemieux was a good victory and people had avoided GGG for years.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    7,127
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    261
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin-Canelo OFFICIAL!!!- Sept 16th

    Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Alvarez has been wobbled before. Nothing of note recently but only Kirkland & Angulo were punchers and they were past their best. GGG definitely does grind opponents down and the accumulation of punchers finally catches up. Canelo's power is debatable, every time he has fought a decent opponent the fight has gone the distance. I have seen GGG get hit but I have also seen some of his defensive nuances.
    He’s had 51 fights and he has been boxing since he was a teenager
    I can’t remember him ever touching down in a fight?
    Canelo scored highlight reel one punch knockouts against Khan, Kirkland
    And Baldomir! Who has Golovkin knocked out like that?
    Most of his stoppages are TKO’s around the 8th round.
    Who said he was down? Was anyone surprised at Khan being KO'd? Kirkland had already shown worth with inactivity and the Ishida fight. The Baldomir KO was nice as were the rest but there were a lot of miles on the clock and that was about 4 years after his little run at 147. I would have expected GGG to do the same to all 3.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gotham/Batcave
    Posts
    5,672
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    361
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin-Canelo OFFICIAL!!!- Sept 16th


  11. #146
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,287
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1680
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin-Canelo OFFICIAL!!!- Sept 16th

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I can't envisage Canelo being knocked out, he's such a stocky built tank and certain he has the power to stop Golovkin taking liberties.

    Now if Jacobs was able to convince many people he outboxed Golovkin (lost narrowly on official judges cards) after spending the entire fight on the backfoot, suffering a knockdown and being overall out-punched, including the significant stat of being out-jabbed in 11 of 12 rounds (throwing 200 less overall), then Canelo has the counterpunch - steal rounds in bursts/spots - style to get a decision.

    I like Golovkin to win on PTS - from a betting perspective 7/2 - but concerned he wont get the decision (whether it's deserved or not).
    On top of which Alvarez has the entire Vegas establishment behind him. He can be a massive draw/moneyspinner for Vegas in big events for years to come, Golovkin not so much and he's heading towards 40. Even if Alvarez loses by a few rounds he'll win on the cards. Best Golovkin can hope for if it goes to the cards is a rematch. Golovkin has to KO him to win and I don't think he will.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    813
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    143
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin-Canelo OFFICIAL!!!- Sept 16th

    There will be no knockdowns in this fight
    Canelo will win it nine rounds to three.

    Younger, quicker and more talented
    People will be suprised how easy this is fight Alvarez.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,269
    Mentioned
    1481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2722
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin-Canelo OFFICIAL!!!- Sept 16th

    Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    There will be no knockdowns in this fight
    Canelo will win it nine rounds to three.

    Younger, quicker and more talented
    People will be suprised how easy this is fight Alvarez.
    You will be surprised at how wrong you will be.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gotham/Batcave
    Posts
    5,672
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    361
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin-Canelo OFFICIAL!!!- Sept 16th

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    There will be no knockdowns in this fight
    Canelo will win it nine rounds to three.

    Younger, quicker and more talented
    People will be suprised how easy this is fight Alvarez.
    You will be surprised at how wrong you will be.
    GGG will win (if he doesn't get robbed on a points decision)

    It may well be a tough fight for GGG but he'll do it.

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,269
    Mentioned
    1481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2722
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Golovkin-Canelo OFFICIAL!!!- Sept 16th

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    There will be no knockdowns in this fight
    Canelo will win it nine rounds to three.

    Younger, quicker and more talented
    People will be suprised how easy this is fight Alvarez.
    You will be surprised at how wrong you will be.
    GGG will win (if he doesn't get robbed on a points decision)

    It may well be a tough fight for GGG but he'll do it.
    I am definitely staying up for this fight. GGG and I have been waiting for this fight for 18 months and he will do it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Moving on...Canelo vs Kirkland vs Cotto vs Golovkin
    By Boxer4life in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 05-11-2015, 02:20 AM
  2. Kazuto Ioka and Ryo Miyazaki back in action Sept 16th
    By boxing prospect in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 12:11 PM
  3. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 06-03-2013, 05:39 PM
  4. Sept 16th OMFG!!!
    By albsur2006 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-20-2006, 07:31 AM
  5. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 03:29 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing