Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin-Canelo OFFICIAL!!!- Sept 16th

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Never saw fans turning as quick as they did against Canelo.

Well I think a lot of them turned on him before this fight, when he ducked GGG and fought the smaller Khan.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG looked shite in this fight, all he had was the pressure going for him but cut the ring off in a poor way except in spots, and missed every overhand right he threw save 2. He was tentative and didnt let his hanbds go enough, and his mediocrity really was exposed by a rather shite canelo as well, who never took the fight to GGG except in rare spots where he did land some good 6 and 7 punch combos. But we can all see that ****MARVIN THE FUCKING MONSTER HAGLER WOULD HAVE FUCKING DECAPITATED THIS KAZAKHH SHEISTER***** GGG is not a great fighter but just a good solid fighter and canelo is not a good solid fighter but a survivor which ***STINKS*** up the sport of boxing why the fuck didnt a 27 year old young boy throw 300 punches in a desperate attempt to clearly win the last 3 rounds is beyond me.

***fixed*** for the rematch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    GGG looked shite in this fight, all he had was the pressure going for him but cut the ring off in a poor way except in spots, and missed every overhand right he threw save 2. He was tentative and didnt let his hanbds go enough, and his mediocrity really was exposed by a rather shite canelo as well, who never took the fight to GGG except in rare spots where he did land some good 6 and 7 punch combos. But we can all see that ****MARVIN THE FUCKING MONSTER HAGLER WOULD HAVE FUCKING DECAPITATED THIS KAZAKHH SHEISTER***** GGG is not a great fighter but just a good solid fighter and canelo is not a good solid fighter but a survivor which ***STINKS*** up the sport of boxing why the fuck didnt a 27 year old young boy throw 300 punches in a desperate attempt to clearly win the last 3 rounds is beyond me.

Weird. I just watched a quality fight. I'm sorry it disappointed you.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KickMuck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post

Weird. I just watched a quality fight. I'm sorry it disappointed you.
    Don't worry he'll be back in off topic in a few minutes to post some random YouTube videos about nothing much at all

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    GGG completes his Vegas experience buy getting robbed and fucked.There was daylight between them, clear daylight. The stage is set now for a year or maybe two to pass and Canelo gets his rematch and beats a properly faded Golovkin. GGG was every bit as aggressive in this fight but the zip seemed to be gone from his punches, 12 months ago Canelo gets wrecked. GGG didnt cut off the ring very well, he made it easy for Canelo to spin away from the right hand.That said, he still won that fight.
    Oscar and Canelo waited and picked GGG at a time they thought was safe...and still lost. Had to resort to running, clinching, and trying to fight 1 minute of a round to steal it. Canelo has an even better chin than I thought. GGG still had more left than I thought he did and is a better boxer than I thought.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Life long friend ragging on the phone about a sport I talked them into 2 years ago. Fun times.

"Your list will grow just remember what you actually saw happen" is probably not encouraging for future ppv buys .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to watch the fight again on a crisp HD recording so i can count punches landed etc round by round. I think people are forgetting that aggression and pressure doesn't necessarily affect the score cards. I remember Canelo having plenty of good moments and i remember GGG missing lots. Canelo side stepped quite a few of GGG's rights. Its impossible to judge correctly when ive had a few beers and i'm tired.

Im pretty sure GGG won but i need to rewatch it before cementing my own decision.

Cant argue that it was edge of your seat epicness though.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing is that really everybody on here had it for GGG (I think one had it for Canelo and one a draw) and every boxer and "expert" I've seen so far had it for GGG. So whether or not Canelo could have possibly gotten enough rounds to win doesn't really matter because the odds of getting a pair of three judges who would create a split draw in this fight is about 100-1. So either Canelo beat the odds or the fix was already in. I'll stick with the latter.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to watch the fight again on a crisp HD recording so i can count punches landed etc round by round. I think people are forgetting that aggression and pressure doesn't necessarily affect the score cards. I remember Canelo having plenty of good moments and i remember GGG missing lots. Canelo side stepped quite a few of GGG's rights. Its impossible to judge correctly when ive had a few beers and i'm tired.

Im pretty sure GGG won but i need to rewatch it before cementing my own decision.

Yes ggg did well slipping the rights but he ate plenty on the ropes and more punches that got him to the ropes. He was trained well in dealing with that right

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

Yes ggg did well slipping the rights but he ate plenty on the ropes and more punches that got him to the ropes. He was trained well in dealing with that right
    get your shit straight, you mean Canelo did well slipping

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone believe in a throw away card to distract from absurdity of draw in the first place? How many had it a draw

basically a win win for Alvarez. Would like Golovkin to get a wild hair and tell rematch aka Canelo to sit in the back of the room while he takes lead. Basically it all resets.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It must be disheartening to experience such a thing. Big Drama took it well though

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it 116-112 GGG. I'm going to keep drinking.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think a draw is the least biased score card there was i was ok with it or 115-113 for either fighter. But looking at the scores it all depends on how you scored first rounds for the fighters a lot people here were saying so close but edge it GGG. I thought the draw card was least biased one and be down for rematch. Man all i heard before this fight was GGG going to bulldoze the Ginger could not even floor the guy the still hate the guy after the great fight.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also for the life of me do not understand why judges do not watch the fight on tv in a room away from the fight. You get such a better angle to score and this is a thing i do not get in boxing why not watch it on tv.

Thread Information