Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin-Canelo OFFICIAL!!!- Sept 16th

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Think a draw is the least biased score card there was i was ok with it or 115-113 for either fighter. But looking at the scores it all depends on how you scored first rounds for the fighters a lot people here were saying so close but edge it GGG. I thought the draw card was least biased one and be down for rematch. Man all i heard before this fight was GGG going to bulldoze the Ginger could not even floor the guy the still hate the guy after the great fight.
    All I said was ggg was going to win, and I was right

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Think a draw is the least biased score card there was i was ok with it or 115-113 for either fighter. But looking at the scores it all depends on how you scored first rounds for the fighters a lot people here were saying so close but edge it GGG. I thought the draw card was least biased one and be down for rematch. Man all i heard before this fight was GGG going to bulldoze the Ginger could not even floor the guy the still hate the guy after the great fight.
    I think the draw was the right call and that what ended up happening. I think rematch will end better for Canelo ever time i see him in ring his defence is getting better and better just has some holes still.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I mentioned in the other thread that a draw was possible, I think Fenners said that he had a few quid on it
    I put money on it 18/1.
    its usually 33/1 on a draw.

golovkin deserved it. Knew he would and he did but boxing is corrupt
    The draw was 20/1 in-running around the 7th (with PP).
    Last edited by Fenster; 09-17-2017 at 10:53 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Surprised at some of the comments as I wanted GGG to win so BJS could get his shot.

Before watching the fight I expected a KO win from GGG and Canelo to win the decision.

Canelo made GGG miss so many times and should be awarded for that.

GGG was always moving forward in a Margarito type way but was often countered and never hurt Canelo.

Canelo must improve his stamina and I just can't see GGG getting any better.

Easily 7-5 Canelo

Canelo won the fight by at least 2 rounds.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Surprised at some of the comments as I wanted GGG to win so BJS could get his shot.

Before watching the fight I expected a KO win from GGG and Canelo to win the decision.

Canelo made GGG miss so many times and should be awarded for that.

GGG was always moving forward in a Margarito type way but was often countered and never hurt Canelo.

Canelo must improve his stamina and I just can't see GGG getting any better.

Easily 7-5 Canelo

Canelo won the fight by at least 2 rounds.
    He was taking just few more rounds off then he should but his defence is almost there. If Mayweather not going to fight anymore should coach the guy Canelo is making improvements and is so close to being complete.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I think the draw was the right call and that what ended up happening. I think rematch will end better for Canelo ever time i see him in ring his defence is getting better and better just has some holes still.
    No way Canelo is going to want to share the ring again with Golovkin. It took him 18 months to do it the first time, they will now carry on making money against inferior fighters.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    GGG completes his Vegas experience buy getting robbed and fucked.

There was daylight between them, clear daylight.

The stage is set now for a year or maybe two to pass and Canelo gets his rematch and beats a properly faded Golovkin. GGG was every bit as aggressive in this fight but the zip seemed to be gone from his punches, 12 months ago Canelo gets wrecked. GGG didnt cut off the ring very well, he made it easy for Canelo to spin away from the right hand.

That said, he still won that fight.
    Agreed.

Canelo was doing nothing on the ropes and was exhausted trying to steal rounds no way did he deserve to win the fight. Golovkin landed consistently.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...And Adelaide Bird will still continue to keep her job and get paid lots iots money. Seriously, in one of the richest events in the world, how can one person be so obviously incompetent and/or corrupt and it just be accepted. The sport is a joke whilst people like that are involved. She should never have judged again after Lewis vs Holyfield, but yet she has continued to wipe her ass all over fights for another 20 years!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    GGG completes his Vegas experience buy getting robbed and fucked.

There was daylight between them, clear daylight.

The stage is set now for a year or maybe two to pass and Canelo gets his rematch and beats a properly faded Golovkin. GGG was every bit as aggressive in this fight but the zip seemed to be gone from his punches, 12 months ago Canelo gets wrecked. GGG didnt cut off the ring very well, he made it easy for Canelo to spin away from the right hand.

That said, he still won that fight.
    Agreed.

Canelo was doing nothing on the ropes and was exhausted trying to steal rounds no way did he deserve to win the fight. Golovkin landed consistently.
    There punches landed were really close except for few rounds with Canelo landing few more power shots and GGG landing more jabs. Both which landing at low percentage Canleo at 33 and GGG 31 a lot of missed shots and glove hits.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo landed more power punches and he landed at a far higher connect percentage. GGG was more marked up after the fight he was gifted a draw for sure, second time in a row he'd gotten away with it.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    GGG looked shite in this fight, all he had was the pressure going for him but cut the ring off in a poor way except in spots, and missed every overhand right he threw save 2. He was tentative and didnt let his hanbds go enough, and his mediocrity really was exposed by a rather shite canelo as well, who never took the fight to GGG except in rare spots where he did land some good 6 and 7 punch combos. But we can all see that ****MARVIN THE FUCKING MONSTER HAGLER WOULD HAVE FUCKING DECAPITATED THIS KAZAKHH SHEISTER***** GGG is not a great fighter but just a good solid fighter and canelo is not a good solid fighter but a survivor which ***STINKS*** up the sport of boxing why the fuck didnt a 27 year old young boy throw 300 punches in a desperate attempt to clearly win the last 3 rounds is beyond me.

***fixed*** for the rematch
    Do you even like boxing? Seriously? There was some quality work there by two great fighters in a barnstormer that actually delivered on the hype. There is nothing mediocre about Golovkin and just disagreeing with the hyperbole used when talking about him does not mean you have to dismiss his career in such a daft manner. You just come across like GaMo a troll trying to bait people into not talking about the fight, and showing no respect to the fighters or the sport. Canelo is way more than a survivor and certainly not a boy, some of his work was top drawer against an opponent who could smother and negate the majority of fighters in and around his division. Big balls on the pair of them to be throwing for 12 rounds in against their most dangerous opponent to date.

The only sheister was Byrd with a scorecard filled out in 2016 and two blowhards who can't admit that both men are way above good solid fighters. They are both Great fighters. Amongst the greatest ? Show ain't over , but you do them and the art a disservice to dismiss it so easily.

That was a great fight between two tremendously talented operators who gave it their all. Respect and hats off to them both. A modern classic.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Beanz I am talking about the fight and I did enjoy the fight... are you still drunk?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    Canelo landed more power punches and he landed at a far higher connect percentage. GGG was more marked up after the fight he was gifted a draw for sure, second time in a row he'd gotten away with it.
    Who the fook is that guy?
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    @Beanz I am talking about the fight and I did enjoy the fight... are you still drunk?
    You are agreeing with Byrds score card and expressing disbelief that everyone does not share that view. That suggests neither of you even watched the fight.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also for the life of me do not understand why judges do not watch the fight on tv in a room away from the fight. You get such a better angle to score and this is a thing i do not get in boxing why not watch it on tv.
    Yeah at least have a screen in front of them for when the ref or the other fighter gets in the way.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Thread Information