Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: ITVs boxing coverage - Did it give us a different veiw when Joe fought Jeff?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default ITVs boxing coverage - Did it give us a different veiw when Joe fought Jeff?

I've just been thinking, seeing as when ITV show boxing we either get adverts or just 1 fighters corner, did it affect are veiw of Calzaghe versus Lacy? We sore nothing of Lacy's corner, it made it seem like the Lacy camp didn't have a plan B or C and not much of a plan A either. Dan Birmingham was allegadly giving him advice that Lacy was just ignoring, instead plodding forwards and lunging with wild hooks. I doubt the fight would of turned out different if Lacy had listened to his corner but it makes you wonder why ITV think they can put adverts inbetween the rounds which are equally as important as the actual boxing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ITVs boxing coverage - Did it give us a different veiw when Joe fought Jeff?

they put em on to be able to pay to show the boxing in the first place and they did show lacys corner
    and he just ignored what they said but he still seem to think he cud win goin into the 12th also they kept saying joe cudnt keep the pace up which was a big mistake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ITVs boxing coverage - Did it give us a different veiw when Joe fought Jeff?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    I've just been thinking, seeing as when ITV show boxing we either get adverts or just 1 fighters corner, did it affect are veiw of Calzaghe versus Lacy? We sore nothing of Lacy's corner, it made it seem like the Lacy camp didn't have a plan B or C and not much of a plan A either. Dan Birmingham was allegadly giving him advice that Lacy was just ignoring, instead plodding forwards and lunging with wild hooks. I doubt the fight would of turned out different if Lacy had listened to his corner but it makes you wonder why ITV think they can put adverts inbetween the rounds which are equally as important as the actual boxing.
    You could talk for years but the end result would still be that Jeff Lacy was a sub top smw. I guess thah he still has some nut-huggers but the truth is thath he will never be a force in smw. Just watch the Calzaghe fight - he did more bad than Evains Ashira.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the evans ashira fight wasnt the same though. joe says himself he was finding it hard to motivate himself for fighters like that. he was well up for the lacy fight and it showed

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think I saw his corner in one of the later rounds where he couldn't of followed a game plan if he wanted to. I'm not so much going on about Lacy as Dan Birmingham (lacy's coach) and his strategy

Thread Information