Thread: Do you want David Haye back?..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Do you want David Haye back?..

I don't think he looked good in his two comeback fights before what was really quite a shocking loss to Bellew, too musclebound and his timing is off, way more tell on his punches than he used to have, etc. I thought he'd obviously still have enough to win that one early, but now I'm not sure who these lesser guys he could get a belt off are? Either way, I don't care if he comes back or not, but if he really thinks the injury was everything and wants one last semi meaningful fight why not.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    If he was injured before the fight, and the Achilles was caused by that same injury, he should lost his purse, and the promoter should be in court for defrauding the public.
    Just like Pac for the Floyd fight.

Haye will be back with a vengeance. Topple Bellew and then the Briggs/ Oquendo winner. From there the sky's (Joshua) the limit and the money.

Hmm... I don't know about that. Haye is the ultimate Monopoly player in the boxing circuit, and he seems to have amassed a bunch of "Move directly to GO... collect $200" cards. He doesn't do intermediates. It's the champ or nothing. Isn't that what he did with Wlad? I say he guns straight for AJ, and people fall for the con.
    I dont know, haye is a very smart fellow, he called out wladimir and vitali for a year or two then masterfully sidestepped them and took on valuev to get the wba belt and improve his negotiating position.. I wouldnt be surprised if haye does something similar again and tries to grab a belt from one of the lesser guys before actually taking a joshua fight... I suspect injuries have caught up with him though( even though he apparently faked every one of them :S) and time has run out for him... He could easily get a joshua fight though...
    AJ will flatten him so I see that being his last fight. Haye will try and beat Bellend and then try and win a minor title and then do exactly that, negotiate a big fight with AJ. Lose and blame injury and earn millions and try again until we all give up on him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    AJ will flatten him so I see that being his last fight. Haye will try and beat Bellend and then try and win a minor title and then do exactly that, negotiate a big fight with AJ. Lose and blame injury and earn millions and try again until we all give up on him.
    I think so too as haye just looks horrible since he made his comeback, I amazed a fellow who was a world champion in the two divisions below heavyweight couldn't land a good straight right counter on haye in the first two rounds and pretty much put him to sleep.. Joshua would give haye a beating now, I think haye could have back in hayes prime(which is long gone now imo :S), haye was amazingly quick and had great reflexes, I think he would have been a nightmare for joshua.. I really dont think haye can win a title anymore, the best he could do is beat briggs for the fake wba belt, but i think even parker would be too much for haye at this stage of his career S:

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

David Haye is and has been a fraud. Haye supporters look sillier that Zab Judah fans talking about "focused Zab"
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 05-15-2017 at 02:17 AM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    David Haye is and has been a fraud. Haye supporters look sillier that Zab Judah fans talking about "focused Zab"
    A subtle shift of the goal posts, good work. So he's no longer always been a fraud?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Zab is focused..for six rounds.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Well whatever you think of Haye he is definitely knuckling down and back in training so clearly he's serious about a return.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/spo...ram-video.html
    @Ron Swanson To suggest he has been a "half fighter" is bollocks too, i've been ringside (Fragomeni) and seen him in wars where he's had to dig deep, cuts etc and turn fights around then getting off the floor against Mormeck and smashing him up in his own back yard is another example.
    He'll def have one last roll of the dice and let's face it he will have a tune up fight then simply stroll into a Bellew rematch, Title eliminator or a title fight as he's still that big a draw and one of the most marketable Box Office fighters on the planet. That is fact
    I would love to drop a dumbbell on Haye's Achilles when he has that cast off.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Well whatever you think of Haye he is definitely knuckling down and back in training so clearly he's serious about a return.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/spo...ram-video.html
    @Ron Swanson To suggest he has been a "half fighter" is bollocks too, i've been ringside (Fragomeni) and seen him in wars where he's had to dig deep, cuts etc and turn fights around then getting off the floor against Mormeck and smashing him up in his own back yard is another example.
    He'll def have one last roll of the dice and let's face it he will have a tune up fight then simply stroll into a Bellew rematch, Title eliminator or a title fight as he's still that big a draw and one of the most marketable Box Office fighters on the planet. That is fact
    I would love to drop a dumbbell on Haye's Achilles when he has that cast off.
    I've been to most of Hayes fights, apart from Paris, did the two in Germany. I think its fair to say I had a good journey and that he was an exciting and courageous fighter. He had the additional knack of marketing himself and turning over promoters like Warren (with Macaroni and Chis), a bit Billy Walker ish. Good luck to him if he carries on, there's a lot of money out there now so who could blame him? I share Masters concerns about his fitness, but time will tell.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

FFS he's only just on his feet, first fight pick will tell all, Haye knows this, because he's cute, we will all know by his performance. So I guess its maximum hype, maximum purse, minimum opponent. Then Bellend if he passes that, if he wins we are in fairy land. Its not his fault that the heavyweights out there are so piss poor! With a few exceptions.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    FFS he's only just on his feet, first fight pick will tell all, Haye knows this, because he's cute, we will all know by his performance. So I guess its maximum hype, maximum purse, minimum opponent. Then Bellend if he passes that, if he wins we are in fairy land. Its not his fault that the heavyweights out there are so piss poor! With a few exceptions.
    Yes I bet you would like to throw a dumbbell on his achilles.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok so guess it won't involve Briggs who got popped with more juice in him than a school cafeteria and that farce of a title fight is cancelled. Imagine that

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Ok so guess it won't involve Briggs who got popped with more juice in him than a school cafeteria and that farce of a title fight is cancelled. Imagine that
    very loosley connected but bj flores is ranked 10th in their heavyweight rankings.... he can fill in for briggs maybe S:

Thread Information