Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anthony Joshua set for rematch with Wladimir Klitschko

Anthony Joshua set for rematch with Wladimir Klitschko at the Principality Stadium in October

Joshua was hoping to make a return in November but scheduled autumn internationals have dampened those plans and he could be set for action a month earlier than expected.

Wales are in action at home across four consecutive weekends across November and December and the Independent are reporting that promoter Eddie Hearn is planning a showdown fight for October 28 as the best possible date.

Hearn said: “I believe Klitschko will go ahead with the rematch so we are looking at dates.

“The Principality Stadium is not really available in November because of rugby so 28 October is the option. Most of December is available but I don't really want to go that late.

“Josh has a bit of a sore shoulder, Klitschko has had a tough fight, his face was bashed up. You have got two more weeks in May, all of June and after that they will be thinking 'right let's get back in camp'.

“Even if you started back in camp in August, then you have September and October so end of October can work.”

The IBF and WBA champion is expected to have a lucrative rematch with Klitschko following their memorable encounter at Wembley at the end of April.

Klitschko is currently away with his family in Miami as he makes a decision over his long-term future but reports suggest he is expected to activate the clause in his contract allowing him another shot at Joshua.

The Ukrainian legend came close to winning the heavyweight showdown when he knocked Joshua to the ground in the sixth round, but failed to make his dominance count and was stopped in the 11th.

The national stadium in Wales is now expected to host the rematch because of the retractable roof, but Hearn is still looking at options overseas and will consider all options before making a final decision.

Hearn added: “For Cardiff that date is an option and also December but I don't really want to go into December so we are looking at the MGM in Las Vegas, China and Dubai as options too.”

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxin...cid=spartanntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua set for rematch with Wladimir Klitschko

It is very important for Vladimir to stay in shape for this and to fight quickly after the last fight. At his age it would be lethal to try to take more than 6 months off after that last fight and this is just about six months isn't it by the time October comes around. Klitschko is going to have to learn how to be more aggressive in this fight and he cannot let the fight go into the later rounds at his age he will Tire as we saw how tired he looked by the 9th round of their first fight. Again AJ is going to be tentative starting out slow I said last time and I will say it again that Klit's best chance is to try to smoke him out of there in the first four or five rounds after that its the young man's fight and if it goes past the 5th round I believe Joshua will be knocking out klitsch go even earlier this time
    Last edited by brocktonblockbust; 05-18-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Wlad is deserving of the rematch. Does this mean the IBF will strip Joshua?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed Wlad needs to let his hands go and go for it. People say he did that in the last fight but his output was feeble and half what it should have been. He was wasting a lot of nervous energy moving like that and gassed without throwing as many punches as he normally does. Even then it was mostly jabs. Has to do more than this cautious try and edge a round approach. Joshua isn't great, but Wlad has declined somewhat thus making it a bit easier. James Toney would flatten them and digest them both by morning.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The first bout was pretty good, I expect nothing less for that one. KO could fly either way, as we've seen in their first scrap, my vote's on K side to notch the revenge this time.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd favour AJ slightly as he could gain from the experience, do something different with his conditioning, while Wlad is only getting older.. At the same time a lot of fighters never fix certain things and he was well fucked for a long stretch in the first fight where if one more solid shot had landed he was likely gone. If they both fought in the form they did the first time it could go either way every time. No reason not to hope for a rematch, it was a good HW fight.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    The first bout was pretty good, I expect nothing less for that one. KO could fly either way, as we've seen in their first scrap, my vote's on K side to notch the revenge this time.
    thinking exactly the same thing here. K is pissed off he lost to Fury and even more pissed off he had Aj down and lets be honest AJ was totally FUCKED at that point, imagine a BIG FINISHER like Foreman, that shit wouldve been MOTHER FUCKING OVER

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't help but think AJ learned more in that one than he did his previous ten. He knows he belongs and has proven adjustments so he'll undoubtedly come in wiser on top of jab, pop and resilience that detonated Wlad the first time. Joshua keeps his head this time and he may very well be the one ending early. Wlad took a boatload of BS criticism over the years..been there done that some warranted most not imo..but he won't go meek and think he'll be just as aggressive, on the end and proud. First fight a top notch torch for division.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What's that old saying - knock a guy out you'll knock him out even quicker in the rematch.

Exceptions are rare.

Wlad deserves a rematch yes. Must eat at him that he didn't finish the job when he had the chance but I question if he can get himself in as good condition. He had a chance to bow out on his shield too earning the respect of his doubters over the years.

Joshua within 3 if it happens
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    What's that old saying - knock a guy out you'll knock him out even quicker in the rematch.Exceptions are rare.Wlad deserves a rematch yes. Must eat at him that he didn't finish the job when he had the chance but I question if he can get himself in as good condition. He had a chance to bow out on his shield too earning the respect of his doubters over the years.Joshua within 3 if it happens
    Agree with you on that old axiom, but I still fear Wlad's power and guile. I'd be happier if Joshua moved on. I feel he will win again, but it's a dangerous matchup n perhaps not as easy to get up for though I've yet to see Joshua come in even close to outcof shape. Too muscular at 250, but def in shape. 235-240 this time I say.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    What's that old saying - knock a guy out you'll knock him out even quicker in the rematch.Exceptions are rare.Wlad deserves a rematch yes. Must eat at him that he didn't finish the job when he had the chance but I question if he can get himself in as good condition. He had a chance to bow out on his shield too earning the respect of his doubters over the years.Joshua within 3 if it happens
    Agree with you on that old axiom, but I still fear Wlad's power and guile. I'd be happier if Joshua moved on. I feel he will win again, but it's a dangerous matchup n perhaps not as easy to get up for though I've yet to see Joshua come in even close to outcof shape. Too muscular at 250, but def in shape. 235-240 this time I say.
    Anything that causes Eddie Hearn stress and discomfort makes me happy.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko are both keen on staging a repeat of their classic heavyweight unification title fight after promoter Eddie Hearn confirmed a rematch is close to being agreed. Joshua claimed the IBF and WBA titles following an 11th round knock-out at Wembley Stadium – but one hurdle stands between the pair and a possible rematch.

The 27-year-old Joshua is expected to be allowed to skip a mandatory defence of his WBA title against Luiz Ortiz, but could yet have to face number one contender Kubrat Pulev for the IBF crown. The team representing the London 2012 Olympic gold medallist has submitted an appeal to the governing body to delay the fight so that Joshua can face Klitschko for a second time in 2017.

"There's the IBF convention this week, we've put in a 'special exception request' to fight Klitschko next," Matchroom chief Hearn told iFL TV. "As we will do with the WBA as well. The WBA is a little bit more clear, we'll be allowed an exception request, whether we're allowed one with the IBF; I think we're favourite but we're not a shoo-in."

"We want to fight Klitschko next. The noise from Klitschko's camp is – that's what's going to happen. We're looking into the numbers, where it is going to take place, the date it is going to take place and those are all things that are being discussed over the next few weeks.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxin...cid=spartanntp

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Something tells me the fight is going to be in Germany

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would have mad respect for Wlad if he came out like Hearns vs Hagler. But I expect he'll try to be more cautious and try to take advantage of AJs stamina issues

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How interesting, I really dont think this will be good for wladimirs health :S but at least I think he is rich enough to not go full holyfield and get beaten up until he is 50 :S.. Good on him for taking the rematch(if he does :S) but I think joshua has to be heavily favoured here, wladimirs accuracy was a bit crap and isnt going to get better as he nears 42:S.... It will be interesting to see what he does in a rematch though, the only time he rematched someone who beat him was brewster(purrity didnt want it apparently, sanders fought vitali, and fury had the ukad stuff), can't see him winning though and I think both will be more cautious this time round. Could be fun though.

Thread Information