Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lomachenko v Davis

White hot division and these two will surely meet sometime in the future, i love watching both guys fight and need to see a bit more of Davis against top opposition before i get off the fence but.

Davis looks to be the bigger puncher to me, has better KO stats (94% - 67%) but has had more fights and you gotta give Loma the edge in footwork, speed wise not a lot in it for me really.

Huge fight when it happens...!

Who wins?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lomachenko v Davis

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    White hot division and these two will surely meet sometime in the future, i love watching both guys fight and need to see a bit more of Davis against top opposition before i get off the fence but.

Davis looks to be the bigger puncher to me, has better KO stats (94% - 67%) but has had more fights and you gotta give Loma the edge in footwork, speed wise not a lot in it for me really.

Huge fight when it happens...!

Who wins?
    At the moment, you have to say that for obvious reasons although Davis has more fights , Loma has got way too much experience. It's early days for Davis, but in the future , who knows.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Athletically Davis can compete but he needs a lot more skill developed to hang with Loma. One bit that is intriguing is what Loma does over and over and over again against most he won't want to do against Davis. Loma likes to occupy the opponents with a punch or feint then quickly move to the opponents left. Doing this against Davis would have him moving right into Davis's power.

In another year with top opposition it will be time for Davis to see where he stands against Loma. Well, 3 more fights really. So depending on his activity....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Loma is still 29 so there's just enough time for Davis to gain some more experience if he keeps busy (2 more years / 6 more fights perhaps). Lomachenko should still be in his prime at 31-ish.

In any case I see Lomachenko as clearly more accurate and slick than any future version of Davis. Still maybe Loma's biggest test, though.
    Can't wait.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

strangely enough if this fight ever gets made I think it will be at the weight above. People have been clamouring for Loma to go up, and in the meantime in a while Davis could easily go up as well .

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Davis looks real good against guys at a speed disadvantage who come to trade. There are some fighters that i figured would drop with the shots he lands and are still up and throwing back. Hes scrappy and could go at Loma like noone has but I just see loma taking his room away and Davis then having difficultly getting off his signature offense.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    strangely enough if this fight ever gets made I think it will be at the weight above. People have been clamouring for Loma to go up, and in the meantime in a while Davis could easily go up as well .
    This is my thinking as well. I think Loma has another fight or 2 at 130 depending on what fights materialize. Obviously if the Garcia fight gets made immediately after the Salido rematch then he'll move up. The Miura/ Berchelt winner or Corrales could be options instead. Who knows where Garcia is going next? That would give Davis a bit of extra time to progress. A fight with Farmer, who although decent I don't see Davis having any trouble with. Followed by a unification fight/ win would put Loma vs Davis as a huge fight. In that time frame though unfortunately I'd see Loma about ready to move up at that stage if he hadn't done already. Laeding to another fight or 2 before it happens at 135.

Thread Information