Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Thurman vs Spence..

How does this fight go down..?

Don't let the long hair confuse you..Thurman beat Porter and Garcia and is 50-50 in this fight.

Thurman obviously does want the Pac fight as he wants the big paydays but what happens against Spence?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Thurman vs Spence..

Spence easily wins. Brook surprised me that he didn't look like he lost a step. Thurman won't last the distance.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like I said in the other thread. Thurman doesn't back anyone up, anyone. You can't let Spence hunt you because that's where he is most comfortable.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep I think that's about it, not to mention the advantages Thurman usually has early on won't be there in this fight, or at least not workable. Even that aside, Spence is just a lot more cereberal and actually knows how to box. I think Spence-Crawford is the much better fight.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also WTH is this talk of Thurman out 6 months for elbow surgery? I'm reading he had calcium deposits removed. That's a nothing surgery. 6 months my arse

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see it very even. It's the fight I want to see.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I want to see it too, but Thurman has proven over and over again that he has a hard time with good body work and good movement. Thurman is super athletic but seems to lack basic fundamentals. I am a Thurman fan but he has so many limitations that a fighter on Spences level will pick him apart with ease. Crawford would do the same. Pac would too if he isn't that over the hill.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I want to see it too, but Thurman has proven over and over again that he has a hard time with good body work and good movement. Thurman is super athletic but seems to lack basic fundamentals. I am a Thurman fan but he has so many limitations that a fighter on Spences level will pick him apart with ease. Crawford would do the same. Pac would too if he isn't that over the hill.
    Thurman is talking smack finally, now that he is out 6 months with a 2 month surgery. It looks sort of pathetic. But if he means it I'm pumped. And I would certainly give him respect if he came back vs Spence.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I go with Thurman, more out of me being a fan of his than really thinking he will win.

Thurman finds a way to win but this is against everything he is weak at so he just must out hustle and muscle Spence for 36 minutes.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Yep I think that's about it, not to mention the advantages Thurman usually has early on won't be there in this fight, or at least not workable. Even that aside, Spence is just a lot more cereberal and actually knows how to box. I think Spence-Crawford is the much better fight.
    Perhaps he is hoping Porter will beat Spence in the meantime and then he gets his rematch with Porter early 2018.

Thurman should relish this situation and surprise everyone like the Garcia/Matthyse situation.

Thurman is still unbeaten and in his prime.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I go with Thurman, more out of me being a fan of his than really thinking he will win.

Thurman finds a way to win but this is against everything he is weak at so he just must out hustle and muscle Spence for 36 minutes.
    If Thurman employed a jab he would have a shot, but he doesn't. His only hope is to land big shots right away to make Spence hesitant which the Brook fight suggests Spence is more than willing to take a few big shots. Or a perfect punch, and with his speed and power that is possible.

But with the evidence from last night it seems quite clear the likely outcome is Spence uses Thurmans lack of a jab to hunt and hurt Thurman.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

If Thurman employed a jab he would have a shot, but he doesn't. His only hope is to land big shots right away to make Spence hesitant which the Brook fight suggests Spence is more than willing to take a few big shots. Or a perfect punch, and with his speed and power that is possible.

But with the evidence from last night it seems quite clear the likely outcome is Spence uses Thurmans lack of a jab to hunt and hurt Thurman.
    Brook landed good right hands, Thurman would also have to go to the body himself and possibly bully Spence to knock him off his game. Brook did look to be stronger than Spence but the boxing skills won the day for him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The mental make up between the two is pretty far apart to me. Thurman has shown he has no problem coasting and trying to box for preservation, but he has this massive rigidity about him, It almost looks over rehearsed and bit uncertain. The guy is so tightly wound. And I'm fully convinced he has a glass gut, if that's a thing. Spence is just a methodical destroyer and has a genuine self confidence about him. Now I've said it before and again last night.....he really has yet to show a great ability or willingness to move side to side and can be somewhat straight forward and straight back but it's very deceiving. He shifts gears very quickly and changes that when he gets a guy hurt. Brook was literally lifting his leg at one point in the 7th or 8th off the body shots and once the 9th came Spence came out very fluid and looking to end it. Spence positions you with punches and knows how to invest very early, I don't see Thurman taking what he dishes out and think Spence stops him as well.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    The mental make up between the two is pretty far apart to me. Thurman has shown he has no problem coasting and trying to box for preservation, but he has this massive rigidity about him, It almost looks over rehearsed and bit uncertain. The guy is so tightly wound. And I'm fully convinced he has a glass gut, if that's a thing. Spence is just a methodical destroyer and has a genuine self confidence about him. Now I've said it before and again last night.....he really has yet to show a great ability or willingness to move side to side and can be somewhat straight forward and straight back but it's very deceiving. He shifts gears very quickly and changes that when he gets a guy hurt. Brook was literally lifting his leg at one point in the 7th or 8th off the body shots and once the 9th came Spence came out very fluid and looking to end it. Spence positions you with punches and knows how to invest very early, I don't see Thurman taking what he dishes out and think Spence stops him as well.
    I think the same about Thurman. His bluster comes off very fake to me like he thinks he should say things but doesn't believe it. And his fights back it up. He says he decides to box the guys but he always makes that "decision" after he gets hit. I didn't expect him to get hit as much as he did vs Garcia and Porter. I find them both to be very limited. And if I did think he would get hit so much I wouldn't have expected him to hold up as well as he did. So I admit I underestimated him in some ways and overestimated him in others. So I've been wrong about him. But I'm still completely convinced he isn't about that action when Spence starts to dig into his midsection. And I'm convinced he knows he isn't about that action. Now that he is sidelined with his little elbow debridement surgery and claiming far more recovery time than is necessary for such a common minor surgery, now he speaks up? Comes off just as fake as the rest.

I think eventually he will take the fight so not to break the facade. But he'll hope to catch Spence early and avoid that work. And when he gets that work the true Thurman will show, and he doesn't have what Brook had inside him.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Very good post. If they fight....Derrick James has done a great job of making Spencer's into a professional fighter. Thurman sucks, can't fight much at all.

Thread Information