Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default is IBF full of hypocrisy?

Troyanovski sat there with no mandatory. Nobody even rated number 1 or 2 by IBF. So he fights Indongo who wasn't even in their top 10. Indongo wins, then he unifies.

Remember the IBF president recently said unification takes precedent.

So now that there is talk of Crawford vs Indongo to have an undisputed champion the IBF say no. Indongo must fight Lipinets or be stripped.

Can someone come up with an explanation for this BS?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: is IBF full of hypocrisy?

Just remember we're talking about a group that has "Not rated" rated somewhere in the top three spots in 15 of 17 divisions. Once and for all I'd just like to see Crawford move up. Would love a unification but getting all 3-4 bodies together is like bringing the in-laws over and things going smooth. Indongo v Lipinets is potentially a quality scrap.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All of the sanctioning bodies are hypocrites. They don't care about following their own rules. Obviously they need to get rid of them all

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It seems stupid to stand in the way of unification fights. It shouldn't matter if mandatory stipulations have begun; if a unification bout comes up it should take precedence.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    It seems stupid to stand in the way of unification fights. It shouldn't matter if mandatory stipulations have begun; if a unification bout comes up it should take precedence.
    Unfortunately the pattern in the rare case of successful unifications is seeing it promptly split up. It goes against near all they have set themselves up to be competing with one another. Literally like asking the heads of multiple crime families to meet and sign off on taking equal cuts across the board. I'd just settle on best competition available but 140 is slim pickings. In at unofficial 160+ last out Crawford is turning into the bully in the room beating up the waiters.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Unfortunately the pattern in the rare case of successful unifications is seeing it promptly split up. It goes against near all they have set themselves up to be competing with one another. Literally like asking the heads of multiple crime families to meet and sign off on taking equal cuts across the board. I'd just settle on best competition available but 140 is slim pickings. In at unofficial 160+ last out Crawford is turning into the bully in the room beating up the waiters.
    There are two points to address here. 1- I wouldn't even care if it was split up after. At that point it doesn't matter. We know what happened. Just let the best guy say "I was best and here's proof, I was undisputed". And 2- this may be for the best because Crawford is making hints at moving up. It's clear he won't get a chance at all the belts. So why stay?

But it doesn't excuse the IBF from saying one thing and doing the exact opposite.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    There are two points to address here. 1- I wouldn't even care if it was split up after. At that point it doesn't matter. We know what happened. Just let the best guy say "I was best and here's proof, I was undisputed". And 2- this may be for the best because Crawford is making hints at moving up. It's clear he won't get a chance at all the belts. So why stay?

But it doesn't excuse the IBF from saying one thing and doing the exact opposite.
    Well depending on again the opponent, that is what sticks and makes the case. I'd be happy with Indongo belt or no belt honestly but man he needs to go up! Guys turn over trinkets like they are coffee shop gift cards with $5 minimums now. The history books will tell me Broner is a 4 division champ and I will point and laugh at it . Crawford has the feel of being timed out by Arum. They may be waiting on Manny deciding what he wants to end career on and Crawford big splash. Spence has just moved into the house that Crawford should have been renting by now.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remember a couple of years ago when the sanctioning bodies said they were going to make a bunch of unification fights with a view to merging all four main sanctioning outfits? Or when they were going to have one world champion per division instead of diamond, emeritus, super, regular, interim, interim emeritus................

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

Well depending on again the opponent, that is what sticks and makes the case. I'd be happy with Indongo belt or no belt honestly but man he needs to go up! Guys turn over trinkets like they are coffee shop gift cards with $5 minimums now. The history books will tell me Broner is a 4 division champ and I will point and laugh at it . Crawford has the feel of being timed out by Arum. They may be waiting on Manny deciding what he wants to end career on and Crawford big splash. Spence has just moved into the house that Crawford should have been renting by now.
    I hear where your coming from but it would be nice for Crawford to get that distinction as being a fully unified champion. A win over an un-belted Indongo will still be a nice scalp with the premise of Pac hopefully next. I don't think Crawford should hold out for the Pac fight tho. If Pac is going to much around Crawford should be on his bike to 147 against the best available opponent.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think a lot depends on who is pushing for a title shot too, the soviet mob seem pretty good at forcing the mandatory or getting the title stripped, pulev and his bulgarian mafia at heavyweight seem a bit less skilled at forcing the title shot :S ...

I really hope crawford gets to unify all 4 belts soon but if he has no chance of doing so he might has well bugger off and move up in weight to beat up thurman and the of the fairly famous 147ers. Would be amazing if he fought spence jr in a couple of years too in a unification fight.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ibf = i be felonious

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now that I see Garcia is going to 140 to fight Broner it might be worth Crawford hanging around awhile longer, as that's also a fight I'd like to see.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now that I see Garcia is going to 140 to fight Broner it might be worth Crawford hanging around awhile longer, as that's also a fight I'd like to see.
    Would Bob be willing to work with Garcia after Garcia sat out so long just to get out of his contract with Bob?

It seems like TR has a reason in place to avoid every possible big fight

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia says that he wants to go back down to 135 after the briber fight. He says he is fighting broner because it's the biggest fight that can be made right now.

That's probably true. He probably can't get a bigger name at the moment. It should be easy work for him.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rumor is some step aside money may get Crawford vs Indongo to be an undisputed fight and it may be done this week

Thread Information