Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  71
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrien Broner vs Mikey Garcia July 29 - Live & "FREEEEEEEEE!!!" on SKY SPORTS!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Mikey Garcia July 29

I see this as an easy fight for Garcia. Can Broner even make 140 anymore? If Garcia smashes it I see him remaining at 140.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think this is a great fight and will likely be better than the great one we just watched (Ward vs Kov). Broner HAS to come in shape for this fight, but IF he does, this will be a barnburner. Broner, for all of his faults and big mouth, can fight in the ring. Very strong, solid defense (when he pays attention to it), and good skills with a hard punch. Mikey is a phenom, great all around skills, great punch (at the lighter weights), always in shape and always comes to fight.

If both guys are at their best, I actually give the edge to the larger Broner, but not by much. Love that so many top guys are finally starting to face each other. Right now I'm calling Mikey as the winner, but only because I'm not convinced that Broner will show up in top shape (or even make the weight).

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been watching lots of Mickey Garcia interviews the last few months. I really like him. Seems completely honest and humble.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you know something I fancy Broner in this one I like Garcia me thinks Mikey is going to get his clock cleaned.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't see Broner making the weight, but I hope he does. Obviously Broner has loads of haters, but credit where credit is due, he never looks for a soft touch to fight, and he's very game.
    If he makes weight it should be a great scrap.
    hayden
    hr@ dissertation help

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Garciao can systematically start to pick at broner and build himself a nice comfortable lead on the cards. Anytime broner will look to do something big and enforce his will on Mikey, Mikeys going to lash out and look to brawl. Broner doesn't like finding himself in those situations so he'll back off. That being said, Broner is still fast and big enough at the weight to catch Mikey with a slick counter and put him on his a$$. It's been done before but the question is will Mikey respond the same at this weight... and avoid getting finished off by someone who should be as desperate as broner should be at this stage. The only question for me is if broner catches Mikey like he did shawn porter, can mikey clear the cobwebs and continue.

A few questions is ... Is Mayweather in Mikeys ear spilling broners secrets? Do they use any of the plan maidana used (Not sure if Mikey has the same punch/chin). Does broner come in motivated enough?
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hayden28 View Post
    I can't see Broner making the weight, but I hope he does. Obviously Broner has loads of haters, but credit where credit is due, he never looks for a soft touch to fight, and he's very game. If he makes weight it should be a great scrap.haydenhr@ dissertation help
    He nearly always looks for a soft touch then fights a tough guy when he has to for some big money. Broner is tough and skilled, but he's a cherry picking little bully too. He eeked out his last win over a light hitting hand picked opponent. He's most likely gonna lose against Garcia.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    I can't see Broner making the weight, but I hope he does. Obviously Broner has loads of haters, but credit where credit is due, he never looks for a soft touch to fight, and he's very game. If he makes weight it should be a great scrap.haydenhr@ dissertation help
    He nearly always looks for a soft touch then fights a tough guy when he has to for some big money. Broner is tough and skilled, but he's a cherry picking little bully too. He eeked out his last win over a light hitting hand picked opponent. He's most likely gonna lose against Garcia.
    Yes agreed. I think Broner can be abit of a cherry picker so I'm surprised he's taken this fight. He only fought Porter because he thought the catchweight would drain him sufficiently enough which was a miscalculation. & he miscalculated when he fought Maidana thinking he was just a crude Kotelnik leftover. He almost paid the price for looking past Paulie too

Having said all that, credit to Broner for taking this fight assuming it goes ahead. He's fighting a lethal puncher in his prime, no catchweight nonsense etc and 1 more loss will really hurt Adrien at this stage in his career. So he's really testing himself

i think the fight plays out with Broner taking centre ring looking to shoulder roll Mikeys offence but the jabs and body shots will be hurtful & he will soon have to get on his bike. Garcias power will put him in his shell and I think Broner will do well to last the distance & will need to use all his experience to get through the rounds. I'm going with Mikey in a 1sided decision beatdown

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Yes agreed. I think Broner can be abit of a cherry picker so I'm surprised he's taken this fight. He only fought Porter because he thought the catchweight would drain him sufficiently enough which was a miscalculation. & he miscalculated when he fought Maidana thinking he was just a crude Kotelnik leftover. He almost paid the price for looking past Paulie tooHaving said all that, credit to Broner for taking this fight assuming it goes ahead. He's fighting a lethal puncher in his prime, no catchweight nonsense etc and 1 more loss will really hurt Adrien at this stage in his career. So he's really testing himselfi think the fight plays out with Broner taking centre ring looking to shoulder roll Mikeys offence but the jabs and body shots will be hurtful & he will soon have to get on his bike. Garcias power will put him in his shell and I think Broner will do well to last the distance & will need to use all his experience to get through the rounds. I'm going with Mikey in a 1sided decision beatdown
    Sounds about right. Broner is very hard to stop and durable. I suspect Garcia can stop him late though with a relentless output of combination punching. Bribe tries to fight like he's sparring; throwing 2-3 punches at a time. Often he throws one punch at a time then poses. That is due to arrogance and a lack of stamina.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia's the total package. It'll be entertaining, but Broner won't make it the distance.

Mikey TKO win in 9.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Yes agreed. I think Broner can be abit of a cherry picker so I'm surprised he's taken this fight. He only fought Porter because he thought the catchweight would drain him sufficiently enough which was a miscalculation. & he miscalculated when he fought Maidana thinking he was just a crude Kotelnik leftover. He almost paid the price for looking past Paulie tooHaving said all that, credit to Broner for taking this fight assuming it goes ahead. He's fighting a lethal puncher in his prime, no catchweight nonsense etc and 1 more loss will really hurt Adrien at this stage in his career. So he's really testing himselfi think the fight plays out with Broner taking centre ring looking to shoulder roll Mikeys offence but the jabs and body shots will be hurtful & he will soon have to get on his bike. Garcias power will put him in his shell and I think Broner will do well to last the distance & will need to use all his experience to get through the rounds. I'm going with Mikey in a 1sided decision beatdown
    Sounds about right. Broner is very hard to stop and durable. I suspect Garcia can stop him late though with a relentless output of combination punching. Bribe tries to fight like he's sparring; throwing 2-3 punches at a time. Often he throws one punch at a time then poses. That is due to arrogance and a lack of stamina.
    More I think on this one I like Garcia to be the first to get Broner out, probably on his stool after soaking up a game durable amount of punishment. The key and the options are all Garcias and as long as he keeps smart he can actually turn Broners strong suit..that inside work and that stationary set up..against him badly. Broner does a lot of posturing and posing inside and has yet to show he can consistently fight off the backfoot and stay disciplined. Frankly he's also easy to tag with fast right hands, eventually he'll plod in to close distance and Garcia can one step forward-two steps back in the second half and have Broner also eating punches from the basement. 10 yrs in and his biggest win is close with Paulie and 4 trinkets won but I'm hard pressed to name who he beat for them, Broner really has no choice but to take an opportunity like this. Next stop, Stepping Stoneville.

Thread Information