Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  71
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrien Broner vs Mikey Garcia July 29 - Live & "FREEEEEEEEE!!!" on SKY SPORTS!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Mikey Garcia July 29

I can't imagine Broner quiting. He can lose and say but but but. But if he quits the entire shell he has built to protect himself is broken.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I can't imagine Broner quiting. He can lose and say but but but. But if he quits the entire shell he has built to protect himself is broken.
    I don't like to label any fighter a quitter and no one knows what they endure but themselves. But much harder fighters with the actual skills to fall back on than Broner have 'opted out'. Eventually it all catches up. Shells crack and Broner may be stubborn but he's already quit on himself before. Be it with a fragile psyche, not training to make weight multiple times, acting like a 15 yr old who still doesn't know how to pull his pants up ^ .

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I don't like to label any fighter a quitter and no one knows what they endure but themselves. But much harder fighters with the actual skills to fall back on than Broner have 'opted out'. Eventually it all catches up. Shells crack and Broner may be stubborn but he's already quit on himself before. Be it with a fragile psyche, not training to make weight multiple times, acting like a 15 yr old who still doesn't know how to pull his pants up ^ .
    True. And there are different types of quitting. I mean stinking the joint out just trying to see the final bell is a type of quitting. I think that is a more likely quit. If he full on quit I think he would retire.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    I think Garciao can systematically start to pick at broner and build himself a nice comfortable lead on the cards. Anytime broner will look to do something big and enforce his will on Mikey, Mikeys going to lash out and look to brawl. Broner doesn't like finding himself in those situations so he'll back off. That being said, Broner is still fast and big enough at the weight to catch Mikey with a slick counter and put him on his a$$. It's been done before but the question is will Mikey respond the same at this weight... and avoid getting finished off by someone who should be as desperate as broner should be at this stage. The only question for me is if broner catches Mikey like he did shawn porter, can mikey clear the cobwebs and continue.

A few questions is ... Is Mayweather in Mikeys ear spilling broners secrets? Do they use any of the plan maidana used (Not sure if Mikey has the same punch/chin). Does broner come in motivated enough?
    Robert Garcia got an up close look at him in the Maidana fight and he knows his shit. I think Broner is the absolute perfect opponent for Mikey to put on a real show here and let the world see just how talented he is. I expect a very one sided UD. I'm really looking forward to this one even allowing for the fact that after Maidana and Porter the enjoyment in watching Broner lose has decreased a lot.

Another good question. Why the hell is Broner on the left hand side of the poster in this promotion? Broner really has more star power than Garcia?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I think Garciao can systematically start to pick at broner and build himself a nice comfortable lead on the cards. Anytime broner will look to do something big and enforce his will on Mikey, Mikeys going to lash out and look to brawl. Broner doesn't like finding himself in those situations so he'll back off. That being said, Broner is still fast and big enough at the weight to catch Mikey with a slick counter and put him on his a$$. It's been done before but the question is will Mikey respond the same at this weight... and avoid getting finished off by someone who should be as desperate as broner should be at this stage. The only question for me is if broner catches Mikey like he did shawn porter, can mikey clear the cobwebs and continue.

A few questions is ... Is Mayweather in Mikeys ear spilling broners secrets? Do they use any of the plan maidana used (Not sure if Mikey has the same punch/chin). Does broner come in motivated enough?
    Robert Garcia got an up close look at him in the Maidana fight and he knows his shit. I think Broner is the absolute perfect opponent for Mikey to put on a real show here and let the world see just how talented he is. I expect a very one sided UD. I'm really looking forward to this one even allowing for the fact that after Maidana and Porter the enjoyment in watching Broner lose has decreased a lot.

Another good question. Why the hell is Broner on the left hand side of the poster in this promotion? Broner really has more star power than Garcia?
    Sadly Broner gets better ratings than anyone. He is somehow the top non PPV draw.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Left hand side?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner is being way overlooked here IMO, he's a great bet at around 4/1 (as long as he's properly trained/focused). For all his faults he's lost twice to monster pressure fighters yet still made the finishing line - and was able to stun both. Garcia doesn't have a size advantage, is not a pressure fighter nor does Broner have a style that will make it easy for him.

Garcia looked terrific against Zlat, but that win has flattered him a bit, he was electric against a fella that, with hindsight, was a sitting duck.

For context - Ten Pin has the same chance of beating Garcia as knuckle dusters does beating Floyd. Yes, you've read that right.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Broner is being way overlooked here IMO, he's a great bet at around 4/1 (as long as he's properly trained/focused). For all his faults he's lost twice to monster pressure fighters yet still made the finishing line - and was able to stun both. Garcia doesn't have a size advantage, is not a pressure fighter nor does Broner have a style that will make it easy for him.

Garcia looked terrific against Zlat, but that win has flattered him a bit, he was electric against a fella that, with hindsight, was a sitting duck.

For context - Ten Pin has the same chance of beating Garcia as knuckle dusters does beating Floyd. Yes, you've read that right.
    Broner also should have lost to Granados. Garcia can put on the pressure when necessary. I think that Garcia is better than any version of Broner, but I would give Broner more of a chance a few years ago when he first moved up to welter and was still in his prime.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is all about Broner and what shape he's in, or more to the point, how serious he's gonna take this and indeed his career.
    when he's in the ring , he's tough and shows a lot of heart and guts, that's not the problem.
    his problem is what he does outside the ring. I don't think the bookies odds are stacked against Broner because Garcia is seen as that much better, I just think that they don't trust Broner to come in shape and do it right.
    If there was a guarantee that Broner conditioned himself right and was in shape, the odds would probably be the other way around.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Left hand side?
    Look at fight posters. The main man is always on the left hand side of the poster and it's always Main Man versus............

It's always Floyd Mayweather versus or Oscar versus or JCC versus or Tyson versus and them on the left side of the poster because that's where humans look first.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think what gets lost in Broner losing to a face first Porter or Maidana..a much better boxer than given credit for..are the handful of guys who have continually found him at range and often with simply straight shots off the jab, mainly as righty. Everyone from Deleon to Paulie to even a Taylor land crisp hard shots and cue the Broner smirk, shoulder raise, wide stance on flat feet while coming in. He's a willing target still trying to impersonate a shoulder roll. He has so many tells a sharpshooter like Garcia can exploit with discipline and may very well make a much easier case than Porter or Maidana. Brawling and laying in Broners wheelhouse would be foolish.

This card is absolutely awesome looking at it. Charlo debuts at 160 vs Golovkins mandatory . Hurd vs Trout..Jamall Herring v Alejandro Luna will be explosive and Jarrell Miller looks to dust off Gerald Washington in a battle of behemoths.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think what gets lost in Broner losing to a face first Porter or Maidana..a much better boxer than given credit for..are the handful of guys who have continually found him at range and often with simply straight shots off the jab, mainly as righty. Everyone from Deleon to Paulie to even a Taylor land crisp hard shots and cue the Broner smirk, shoulder raise, wide stance on flat feet while coming in. He's a willing target still trying to impersonate a shoulder roll. He has so many tells a sharpshooter like Garcia can exploit with discipline and may very well make a much easier case than Porter or Maidana. Brawling and laying in Broners wheelhouse would be foolish.

This card is absolutely awesome looking at it. Charlo debuts at 160 vs Golovkins mandatory . Hurd vs Trout..Jamall Herring v Alejandro Luna will be explosive and Jarrell Miller looks to dust off Gerald Washington in a battle of behemoths.
    I always loved trout. Saw him in a few bad fights after canelo but I still say to this day trout beat Alvarez but it was back when canelo was being groomed for the payday he is. I think that fight demoralized trout and he had troubles trying to come back. I'm not saying it was a blowout. Canelo put trout on the canvas but canelo ran out of steam and trout should have won that on the cards. I think it was sinco de mayo in southern Texas and the only way canelo could have won was by ko or tko. I will never forget that and I hope ggg puts a whooping on canelo.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I think what gets lost in Broner losing to a face first Porter or Maidana..a much better boxer than given credit for..are the handful of guys who have continually found him at range and often with simply straight shots off the jab, mainly as righty. Everyone from Deleon to Paulie to even a Taylor land crisp hard shots and cue the Broner smirk, shoulder raise, wide stance on flat feet while coming in. He's a willing target still trying to impersonate a shoulder roll. He has so many tells a sharpshooter like Garcia can exploit with discipline and may very well make a much easier case than Porter or Maidana. Brawling and laying in Broners wheelhouse would be foolish.This card is absolutely awesome looking at it. Charlo debuts at 160 vs Golovkins mandatory . Hurd vs Trout..Jamall Herring v Alejandro Luna will be explosive and Jarrell Miller looks to dust off Gerald Washington in a battle of behemoths.
    I always loved trout. Saw him in a few bad fights after canelo but I still say to this day trout beat Alvarez but it was back when canelo was being groomed for the payday he is. I think that fight demoralized trout and he had troubles trying to come back. I'm not saying it was a blowout. Canelo put trout on the canvas but canelo ran out of steam and trout should have won that on the cards. I think it was sinco de mayo in southern Texas and the only way canelo could have won was by ko or tko. I will never forget that and I hope ggg puts a whooping on canelo.
    I share your dislike for Canelo, but feel he did win a fairly close fight with Trout. It was BS though as open scoring was used which totally fucked Trout over and forced him to be more wreckless.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I think what gets lost in Broner losing to a face first Porter or Maidana..a much better boxer than given credit for..are the handful of guys who have continually found him at range and often with simply straight shots off the jab, mainly as righty. Everyone from Deleon to Paulie to even a Taylor land crisp hard shots and cue the Broner smirk, shoulder raise, wide stance on flat feet while coming in. He's a willing target still trying to impersonate a shoulder roll. He has so many tells a sharpshooter like Garcia can exploit with discipline and may very well make a much easier case than Porter or Maidana. Brawling and laying in Broners wheelhouse would be foolish.This card is absolutely awesome looking at it. Charlo debuts at 160 vs Golovkins mandatory . Hurd vs Trout..Jamall Herring v Alejandro Luna will be explosive and Jarrell Miller looks to dust off Gerald Washington in a battle of behemoths.
    I share your dislike for Canelo, but feel he did win a fairly close fight with Trout. It was BS though as open scoring was used which totally fucked Trout over and forced him to be more wreckless.
    I agree with you sort of. The open scoring effected the fight. Trout heard the scores and adjusted poorly trying to be more aggressive and opening himself up to counters. But it should have been much closer when they announced the scores, maybe even Trout leading. The right man won but it was tainted

Thread Information