Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  71
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrien Broner vs Mikey Garcia July 29 - Live & "FREEEEEEEEE!!!" on SKY SPORTS!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Mikey Garcia July 29

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I think what gets lost in Broner losing to a face first Porter or Maidana..a much better boxer than given credit for..are the handful of guys who have continually found him at range and often with simply straight shots off the jab, mainly as righty. Everyone from Deleon to Paulie to even a Taylor land crisp hard shots and cue the Broner smirk, shoulder raise, wide stance on flat feet while coming in. He's a willing target still trying to impersonate a shoulder roll. He has so many tells a sharpshooter like Garcia can exploit with discipline and may very well make a much easier case than Porter or Maidana. Brawling and laying in Broners wheelhouse would be foolish.

This card is absolutely awesome looking at it. Charlo debuts at 160 vs Golovkins mandatory . Hurd vs Trout..Jamall Herring v Alejandro Luna will be explosive and Jarrell Miller looks to dust off Gerald Washington in a battle of behemoths.
    I always loved trout. Saw him in a few bad fights after canelo but I still say to this day trout beat Alvarez but it was back when canelo was being groomed for the payday he is. I think that fight demoralized trout and he had troubles trying to come back. I'm not saying it was a blowout. Canelo put trout on the canvas but canelo ran out of steam and trout should have won that on the cards. I think it was sinco de mayo in southern Texas and the only way canelo could have won was by ko or tko. I will never forget that and I hope ggg puts a whooping on canelo.
    Yeh Trout has always come across as a real dude and love his story. I may need a rewatch of the Alvarez fight as I remember thinking it was Canelos fight to close but he choose to coast and put on a boxing show rather than press advantages. Think I had Canelo by about 2 or 3 points but the official scores read like they were handed in prior to the bell, but hey welcome to judging in Texas . Glad he's getting another shot with Hurd. Give Hurd a big strength advantage but all things considered it's a massive step up and an in shape focused and similar Trout that fought Charlo or Canelo gives Hurd absolute fits with that movement and counters, just do NOT trade with him in close.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mikey Garcia vs. Adrien Broner

Jermall Charlo vs. Jorge Heiland

Jamel Herring vs. Alejandro Luna

Jarrell Miller vs. Gerald Washington

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really curious how Charlo will look at 160 with how much he struggled making 154

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Really curious how Charlo will look at 160 with how much he struggled making 154
    I'm wondering if he will bring up his power. If he can, I think he will be a force at 160.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

All "FREEEEEEEE" On Sky Sports yet that ITV Eubank con job cost mugs £20 the weekend. Disgusting. Thank fuck for Sky and "FREEEEE" boxing.

Is Miles getting it Freeeeee?

Is it being shown in Germany?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

All "FREEEEEEEE" On Sky Sports yet that ITV Eubank con job cost mugs £20 the weekend. Disgusting. Thank fuck for Sky and "FREEEEE" boxing.

Is Miles getting it Freeeeee?

Is it being shown in Germany?
    Are you on drugs?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    I think Garciao can systematically start to pick at broner and build himself a nice comfortable lead on the cards. Anytime broner will look to do something big and enforce his will on Mikey, Mikeys going to lash out and look to brawl. Broner doesn't like finding himself in those situations so he'll back off. That being said, Broner is still fast and big enough at the weight to catch Mikey with a slick counter and put him on his a$$. It's been done before but the question is will Mikey respond the same at this weight... and avoid getting finished off by someone who should be as desperate as broner should be at this stage. The only question for me is if broner catches Mikey like he did shawn porter, can mikey clear the cobwebs and continue.

A few questions is ... Is Mayweather in Mikeys ear spilling broners secrets? Do they use any of the plan maidana used (Not sure if Mikey has the same punch/chin). Does broner come in motivated enough?
    Robert Garcia got an up close look at him in the Maidana fight and he knows his shit. I think Broner is the absolute perfect opponent for Mikey to put on a real show here and let the world see just how talented he is. I expect a very one sided UD. I'm really looking forward to this one even allowing for the fact that after Maidana and Porter the enjoyment in watching Broner lose has decreased a lot.

Another good question. Why the hell is Broner on the left hand side of the poster in this promotion? Broner really has more star power than Garcia?
    Left hand side?
    Yes, if you turn it the other way it's the right hand sound. Isn't broner supposed to be in jail?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Mikey Garcia July 29 - Live & "FREEEEEEEEE!!!" on SKY SPORTS!!!

This seems like a win win. It's either a highly skilled competitive fight, or Broner gets fucked up, either outcome is alright by me.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Mikey Garcia July 29 - Live & "FREEEEEEEEE!!!" on SKY SPORTS!!!

Great card. I still think Broner takes a beating here.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does Broner weighing in at 138.5 and coming in shape change anyone's mind about who will win the fight? I still think he's going to get soundly beat and likely stopped.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Does Broner weighing in at 138.5 and coming in shape change anyone's mind about who will win the fight? I still think he's going to get soundly beat and likely stopped.
    I think Broner will win. I hope I am wrong but in shape and motivated at this new weight for Garcia I think he could do it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel that generally when somebody drops more weight than they have to, it effects them adversely. It's like they do it to show they could easily make weight but in reality it was a bad idea.

Anyways, a focused broner is a good fighter, but I think very highly of Garcia. He is one of the best technically sound boxers in the world. I don't think that Garcia will let him fight his fight at all.

Thread Information