Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  71
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrien Broner vs Mikey Garcia July 29 - Live & "FREEEEEEEEE!!!" on SKY SPORTS!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Mikey Garcia July 29 - Live & "FREEEEEEEEE!!!" on SKY SPORTS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I feel that generally when somebody drops more weight than they have to, it effects them adversely. It's like they do it to show they could easily make weight but in reality it was a bad idea.

Anyways, a focused broner is a good fighter, but I think very highly of Garcia. He is one of the best technically sound boxers in the world. I don't think that Garcia will let him fight his fight at all.
    Oscar v Manny Pac was bad for the golden boy true so was Ali against Holmes but it could mean Broner is fit and motivated.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Mikey Garcia July 29 - Live & "FREEEEEEEEE!!!" on SKY SPORTS!!!

It's one thing doing the weight, and you might also feel you've done it properly. but we won't know till fight night if that's the case or not.
    Garcia is an unbeaten fighter, it's a big thing . He doesn't know how to lose yet.
    Like Broner or not, we can't deny that he a. Is game and tough and b. He doesn't shirk from a challenge.
    All in all it could be a classic.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm shocked Broner actually made weight! Also noticed Warren v Arroyo on undercard which can be a nice scrap. Odd thing is how many 30 yr olds at bantamweight actually go down in weight after a big loss. Jarrell Miller comes in 298 . He and Gerald Washington will dwarf the ref but they better reinforce the ring.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia by decision. Broner will have his moments, but Garcia has too good a skillset to let someone like Broner win the rounds. Broner might have a shot being the bigger man, but more likely than not puncher vs skillset sees the skillset coming out on top.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saw a breakdown of this fight by someone knowledgeable(I forget who, perhaps Paulie) saying that being so sound fundamentally will hurt Garcia. That what Broner does is slick vs traditional boxing. That he disrupts normal patterns and takes advantage of the disruption. And that that is why Broner had struggled more with unconventional fighters.

I couldn't really understand the breakdown. I've never seen Broner as being particularly slick or disruptive. I've always thought Broner took advantage of being bigger and faster than most of his opponents. And when he met with equal firepower he struggled.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seeing Broner as the naturally bigger man is odd looking. Garcia has had ONE fight above 130, he looks small framed. Stylistically it won't be a great fight - Marquez-Norwood? Certain they'll be arguments unless one of them ends up flattened.

Broner's price has more than halved, I said it it was ridiculous weeks ago in this thread.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner is the much bigger man, and he's very strong and durable.

Garcia may be the better boxer, but I think there's a very good chance of Broner winning tonight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Having last minute second guessing. I may very well have over rated Garcia in his rapid weight jump not to mention long layoff and underrated Broner on the basis of being Broner. That's an easy thing to do . Still leaning Garcia ever so slightly but he needs to stay very disciplined and not sit inside.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i bet a few quid of the draw, i think it was around 20/1, although i think broner is being set up to be a gatekeeper now so the judges will side with garcia but broner is a talented fellow and is good at some things so it is worth a small bet i think.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The closer this gets, the more excited I am for this. Broner is bigger and is naturally talented. Garcia is just very good fundamentally. I'm still going with Garcia for sure, but I am just really interested to see how this fight turns out. If Garcia can win this fight easily, then that proves that he is a very legit fighter. Broner is no pushover though so I don't see him laying down for Garcia.

I'm just really interested in Garcias gameplan. Broner does what he does. His game plan won't change. Garcia has to have something good planned in order to make the statement he wants to. Many kudos to him though for taking a dangerous fight like this instead of staying at 135 and fighting a bum.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If the Broner that used to make 135 was fighting Garcia tonight , who would we go for? Who would be favourite?
    This is one of those fights that is so intriguing, yet when it's all over , we'll all say, "Yeah, we shoulda known really." Or "Yeah, he's a 4 weight World Champ for a reason."
    The smart money, (based on Broner's unreliability) is on a Garcia points win , probably UD, But you never know.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with @Fenster with his Marquez/ Norwood comparison. I can definitely see that sort of fight unfolding. I hope it doesn't though. On paper this is a pick em fight. In reality all the tangibles come into play. Did Broner make the weight healthily? Anyone else still have a question mark over Garcia's chin?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I agree with @Fenster with his Marquez/ Norwood comparison. I can definitely see that sort of fight unfolding. I hope it doesn't though. On paper this is a pick em fight. In reality all the tangibles come into play. Did Broner make the weight healthily? Anyone else still have a question mark over Garcia's chin?
    Questions will be answered after the fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Questions will be answered after the fight.
    Obviously. Was just asking as Broner's got some pop and if he catches you clean he can hurt you. We've see Garcia clipped before. I think Mikey should try to set a high pace after a feeling out round or so, it's not his style but I think the weight cutting will catch up to Broner over the second half of the fight.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia is rumored to have the flu.

The betting odds in Las Vegas have narrowed because of this.

Thread Information