Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  71
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Adrien Broner vs Mikey Garcia July 29 - Live & "FREEEEEEEEE!!!" on SKY SPORTS!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Mikey Garcia July 29 - Live & "FREEEEEEEEE!!!" on SKY SPORTS!!!

Garcia is so good. He isn't flashy whatsoever. He is all craft though. His footwork is amazing. He doesn't waste punches. He is just so technically sound.

IMO he gives Crawford problems, but I think Crawford still wins at this point because Crawford is used to the weight and is bigger. At 135, Garcia destroys linares. I think he beats Loma at 135 too because of the size difference. I think Garcia will have at least a few more years of complete dominance

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adrien Broner vs Mikey Garcia July 29 - Live & "FREEEEEEEEE!!!" on SKY SPORTS!!!

116-112 was too close

Since it was over so early I turned on tonight's MMA and just like last weekend I can't help but think this is so boring. It's so slow. Thank goodness Cormier vs Jones should be fun

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

116-112 was too close. 118-110 was about where I had it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Broner don't give two fucks about anyone, terrific quality to have. "All you mother fuckers come see me win or lose, still AB, history maker"
    So long as he's saying it for effect and doesn't really believe it it's OK. If he believes it he's going to get a shock in the future. If he booted all his entourage and stayed in the gym he could make 135 and maybe do something at that weight. But he'll probably just keep on keeping on and be 180 by this time next week. Maybe a spell in jail before his next fight and gradual decline. Five years from now he'll be the same size as his dad and sharing a flat with him on some housing project.
    Err..no, if he didn't believe it it wouldn't be headshakingly amusing. It's a wonderful trait to be so incredibly thick/delusional that the idea you've made a mistake/failed doesn't even compute.

When living broke in the trailer park he'll be exactly the same as he is now. Nothing changes cunts like that. Whether he's bowling for a thousand bucks a game or fifty cents, that mans attitude will never change, he'll beat yo ass regardless
    Last edited by Fenster; 07-30-2017 at 07:06 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

come on Fenster, gotta give some credit Broner has a beard man! anybody else wouldve been KTFO

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    116-112 was too close. 118-110 was about where I had it.
    Exactly. 10-2 Garcia. He was in control for most of the fight and it was Broner running like the mouse, despite what Broner was sayin after the fight. Still, I expected and hoped Mikey would really crank it up and TKO Broner. Very good win, but I don't think Mikey can quite beat Crawford. No shame in that tho as I consider Crawford #1 P4P at the moment.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner was soundly beat, I just can't understand the bloke, when was the last time he attempted to throw a combo? everything is always just single shots.

He's fucking delusional, his post fight interview was a cracker though.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Broner was soundly beat, I just can't understand the bloke, when was the last time he attempted to throw a combo? everything is always just single shots.He's fucking delusional, his post fight interview was a cracker though.
    Scum often become defensive when called on their flaws. That said, Broner did open up the last few rounds and is very tough. Garcia is just better and tougher.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner is still and always will be a idiot after the fight the interview gave you a insight into his way of thinking,! the guy is a jack ass Mickey totally out classed him in side and outside the ring.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Broner was soundly beat, I just can't understand the bloke, when was the last time he attempted to throw a combo? everything is always just single shots.He's fucking delusional, his post fight interview was a cracker though.
    Scum often become defensive when called on their flaws. That said, Broner did open up the last few rounds and is very tough. Garcia is just better and tougher.
    Agreed he took some hard body shots. It slowed him down and put him back but he took them, head as well and yes broner was throwing bombs I think it was the 9th or 10th he started. You could tell mikey felt them but the way mikey controlled traffic at the beginning was a thing of beauty.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Broner totally blew off the press conference. Classy as usual. Honestly there is only one direction for him to go, those 15 minutes have ticked off the clock and his flaws were and will never be fixed. I was liking him a bit as he did strike a more professional approach this time..right up until Jim Grey said "this was a make or break fight" and Broner literally switched into bitter ass shat mid interview .

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight showed how boxing is fundamentally a test, and contest, of CHARACTER.

Broner is a good athlete and he is clearly talented. He showed some heart and guts in there too.

However, despite all the trash talk, attitude, gimmicks and the hard work he did (because he was fit, focused and on weight) ..... he does not have true confidence in his ability, and of course he cannot ever admit that to himself or the world.

His boxing style, all flash moves, feints and one-off eye catching shots are all attempts to con or outsmart his opponent and the judges, to make him appear that he is better than he is, and that he is in control of the action. Likewise his constant shaking of the head when he gets hit, and the talking to the opponent in the ring.

He has an entourage of sycophants to make him feel more confident, and he blusters and swears for the same reason. The problem is that, when the going gets tough, nobody in his corner has a professional plan B or any technical advice for the guy. All they did was shout at him and try to Gee him up - because that's all they are capable of doing. His corner (who he chose) let him down badly.

Broner was a beaten man by the halfway stage, he knew Garcia wasn't falling for the con tricks in the ropes and he knew he had nothing else. Once an opponent snuffs out the flash moves, Broner is done.

He knew his technique wasn't as solid as Garcia's, he knew he couldn't hurt him without really risking his own chin, and he knew the game was up.

He acknowledged Garcia as the better man, but couldn't help conning himself when he unbelievably said that he was the cat chasing a mouse.

Garcia was technically excellent, he timed Broner beautifully, his corner was calm and professional and he was composed before, during and after the fight.

I suspect it was that calm total confidence that is Broner's kryptonite. Other fighters know that too, and that's why a decent, confident operator will always be favourite over him ....... because of Adrian Broners big, big character weakness.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Broner don't give two fucks about anyone, terrific quality to have. "All you mother fuckers come see me win or lose, still AB, history maker"
    So long as he's saying it for effect and doesn't really believe it it's OK. If he believes it he's going to get a shock in the future. If he booted all his entourage and stayed in the gym he could make 135 and maybe do something at that weight. But he'll probably just keep on keeping on and be 180 by this time next week. Maybe a spell in jail before his next fight and gradual decline. Five years from now he'll be the same size as his dad and sharing a flat with him on some housing project.
    Err..no, if he didn't believe it it wouldn't be headshakingly amusing. It's a wonderful trait to be so incredibly thick/delusional that the idea you've made a mistake/failed doesn't even compute.

When living broke in the trailer park he'll be exactly the same as he is now. Nothing changes cunts like that. Whether he's bowling for a thousand bucks a game or fifty cents, that mans attitude will never change, he'll beat yo ass regardless
    I'm sure his attitude will never change but I'm also sure he doesn't believe all the stuff he comes out with for the media. He knows what the score is.

Thread Information