Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Gascoigne documentary on Netflix

Watched this the other night and it's brilliant, so many funny stories about him and some brilliant footage of him as a player.
    No mention of his personal problems either so it's a refreshing documentary that focuses purely on the Football, brought back so many amazing football memories for me personally and even better when your a Spurs Fan.

Check it out

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gascoigne documentary on Netflix

Was this the one on ITV4 because caught bits of that and it was good.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Watched this the other night and it's brilliant, so many funny stories about him and some brilliant footage of him as a player.
    No mention of his personal problems either so it's a refreshing documentary that focuses purely on the Football, brought back so many amazing football memories for me personally and even better when your a Spurs Fan.

Check it out
    This went one of two ways when it came out, I either watched it and forgot about it or avoided it because I thought it was going to go into his personal problems.

Great player but he really is dancing with the devil, he's had that many chances that you cant help but think that his next chance may be his last. It gets to the point where it is quite tiresome, one day he is in the papers looking great the next day he is dressed like Kermit the Frog shouting at ducks down his local part whilst necking a bottle of washing up liquid and its back to square one.

I might stick the docu on later though, I'm sure it'll come back to me pretty quick if I have seen it.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah this ones purely football but does start off with the story of how his best mate died in his arms after they ran out of a shop and he got run over.
    You can see it still haunts him and he obviously still blames himself which is sadly probably why he is like he is now.

Football wise i was getting goosebumps when the Italia 90 World Cup clips were shown, great memories when England actually had a proper team.

Some of his training ground stories are hilarious, the one where he "Borrows" an ostrich and takes it to the training ground in the boot of his car is brilliant

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes that was the ITV4 one, what about the man hanging on at the back of the van.
    Last edited by Master; 06-08-2017 at 01:55 AM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hahaha Funny Story that one

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was flicking over to the programme as I think boxing was on the other channel and I was doing rbr scoring on saddo so missed the story about the death of his friend.

That must be heart breaking for any child to experience.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Death stare him in the face at the age of 10 when he took his friend's little brother, Steven Spraggon, to a local shop but while Gascoigne was "mucking around" the youngster died after running out into Derwentwater Road and was knocked down by an ice-cream van.
    "I was on my own with him for what seemed like ages," Gascoigne recalled. " It was the first dead body I'd ever seen and I felt Stephen's death was my fault. I still go over the accident in my mind. Just speaking of it can make me cry."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...Gascoigne.html

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Some of his training ground stories are hilarious, the one where he "Borrows" an ostrich and takes it to the training ground in the boot of his car is brilliant
    Just watching this now, fucking brilliant it is, the ostrich story is great 'have you ever tried to catch a fucking ostrich?'

and when he asked Princess Di for a kiss and she gave him her hand for him to kiss 'that was the first time I ever played with a hard on'

he's just signed for Rangers now, this was the first I can really remember him I was 10 when he signed for them and was fucking massive into my football at that time, I wish I was old enough to enjoy watching him in Italia 90

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Got nextflix but it's through my cable company. I don't think it's the same quality as a regular subscription. I really wish I had got into Netflix stock. My wife bought some but some she sold way to early. Priceline as well. She bought it very low but sold way too early. That shit is over a grand today and she bought at like 7 bucks. I can't be mad, you can never find the bottom or top of a stock. Had I bought Netflix when it got hit when ther changed the pricing on its service could have had another boat load of money. Heads up, I bought tesla less than a year ago at 190. It is now Over 360. Tesla is risky, it's valuation that s now greater than that of of GM. Doesn't make sense but investors are looking into the future with it just as they did and do with with Amazon. Netflix is a great product but the one my cable carries is lacking. Plus they are playing too much LGBT and anti white male shows.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Got nextflix but it's through my cable company. I don't think it's the same quality as a regular subscription. I really wish I had got into Netflix stock. My wife bought some but some she sold way to early. Priceline as well. She bought it very low but sold way too early. That shit is over a grand today and she bought at like 7 bucks. I can't be mad, you can never find the bottom or top of a stock. Had I bought Netflix when it got hit when ther changed the pricing on its service could have had another boat load of money. Heads up, I bought tesla less than a year ago at 190. It is now Over 360. Tesla is risky, it's valuation that s now greater than that of of GM. Doesn't make sense but investors are looking into the future with it just as they did and do with with Amazon. Netflix is a great product but the one my cable carries is lacking. Plus they are playing too much LGBT and anti white male shows.
    I know that there is the that thing about dear white people or something that caused a load of controversy when it came out, I haven't seen any other LGBT or anti white male shows on it, I have to say that dear white people just doesn't interest me, I don't get all the controversy, don't like it don't watch it, pretty simple ain't it.

I think that drag race thing is on there as well but I've never watched that either so I don't have a clue what that is about.

Netflix has always struck me as 90% absolute shite, 6% decent stuff, 4% quality stuff, although it has improved over the last year or two.

I used to fuck about with the DNS settings on my PS3 to get the American content but it just seems like too much of a hassle to be bothered with it these days.

Anyway back onto Gazza, watch it, fucking brilliant it was

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I know that there is the that thing about dear white people or something that caused a load of controversy when it came out, I haven't seen any other LGBT or anti white male shows on it, I have to say that dear white people just doesn't interest me, I don't get all the controversy, don't like it don't watch it, pretty simple ain't it.

I think that drag race thing is on there as well but I've never watched that either so I don't have a clue what that is about.

Netflix has always struck me as 90% absolute shite, 6% decent stuff, 4% quality stuff, although it has improved over the last year or two.

I used to fuck about with the DNS settings on my PS3 to get the American content but it just seems like too much of a hassle to be bothered with it these days.

Anyway back onto Gazza, watch it, fucking brilliant it was
    Don't you ever correct me about anti
    White and LGBT 🏳️*🌈 propaganda again

Thread Information