Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ward/Kovalev 2...who wins?

Considering Kovalev's English isn't brilliant his typing skills are electric according to that video that accused him of taking off Ward.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looking forward to this fight.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    What's all this Kovalev racist stuff about? I remember the monkey t-shirt Stevenson thing, but assumed it was most likely a cultural misunderstanding, Russia doesn't do PC. Many fans/media/reporters talk about him like he's a Klan member or something, is there evidence of him openly hating black bods?
    http://www.boxingscene.com/roc-natio...emarks--116923

I knew I'd read something recently. I'm sure he actually said something similar about another black boxer too.
    I'm sure that Kovalev is a bit racist but a language barrier is always a problem. Coming from somebody who learned a second language, a lot of vulgarities don't have the same meaning to me and seem a lot less harmful. I'm guessing that in russian he wouldn't be as harsh. That's just my opinion though
    He really didn't mean what it looks like he meant, what he really meant got lost in translation, their sense of humour is a little different from ours, he was taken out of context, there was an earthquake, a terrible flood...........

One incident could possibly be explained away. You would think him posting photographs comparing a black man and a gorilla would mean the same in any language or culture but hey, let's give him the benefit of the doubt on the first one. But repeated incidents, no.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So proud that there is no thread about Mayweather vs McGregor being finalized here.

Really excited for Ward/Kovalev II. Ward looks in much better shape. Hopefully that isn't with intention to wrestle but rather in case he must wrestle.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    So proud that there is no thread about Mayweather vs McGregor being finalized here.

Really excited for Ward/Kovalev II. Ward looks in much better shape. Hopefully that isn't with intention to wrestle but rather in case he must wrestle.
    I was thinking about making a new thread about it...

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

I was thinking about making a new thread about it...
    Bound to happen sooner or later. Just with all the publicity it is already getting I didn't think it would take so long. And was happy to see it did.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Kovalev gets the win he deserved last time.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never scored the first fight but I didn't think it was a robbery, I wasn't surprised when ward won

thing is tho I think it would be naïve to think that Ward doesn't have the advantage with the scoring, I think anywhere but America and he would have to work a bit harder
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    I never scored the first fight but I didn't think it was a robbery, I wasn't surprised when ward won

thing is tho I think it would be naïve to think that Ward doesn't have the advantage with the scoring, I think anywhere but America and he would have to work a bit harder
    Ward won a close fight and he did well to come back from the knock down and hard first round. Ward took the fight to Kovolev and was outworking him on the inside. Credit him for that.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I rewatched the first fight (yes, i'm a sicko), had Kovalev winning about 8-4/7-5. On original viewing I overvalued Ward taking control of the 2nd half. I also noticed Ward had the crowd and some seriously loud cheerleaders making noise, which is obviously a great benefit to any fighter.

Overall it was a fight that Kovalev could have won wide on pts or lost a tight decision, the home fighter got "lucky," nothing new.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I re-watched Froch-Ward and Kovalev-Ward.

- Ward looked better against Froch, he clearly won about 116-112. Froch looked weaker than usual.

- Kovalev was not impressive in rounds 6 to 9, but neither was Ward.
    - Both were tired in rounds 10-12. Kovalev found some energy reserves and won the 10th and arguably the 12th.
    - I had Kovalev winning 116-111, giving Ward 4 close rounds and giving Kovalev 2 close rounds. 117-110 is also a good scorecard, giving each of them 3 of the 6 close rounds.
    - If you give Ward ALL of the closer rounds, Kovalev still wins 114-113.
    - The rounds Ward won were all close, while 6 of the rounds Kovalev won were clear.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that is how I had it Kov just winning and the knock down making the difference. Ward did get stronger as the fight progressed. Kov slowed down.
    Last edited by Master; 06-16-2017 at 10:34 PM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man, I don't buy into pre fight psyche jobs but there are a few things to suggest Kovalev might be psyched out.

At the last press conference now he pointed to Ward and said "get ready" but he said it a bit meekly. And Andre said back to him "don't you point your fniger at me" strong like a father chastising their kid and no reply from Kovalev. In fact he simply left the press conference. I noticed at another when Ward talked directly to him he put his head down.

Probably nothing but something feels off. Like talking more about he deserved the last fight than what he will do this fight. Just seems strange. I get this feeling we will find out after the fight something is wrong. An injury, sickness. Something. I hope I am wrong and both are at their best.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the sheet from the commission with the purses and officials for Ward vs. Kovalev.

Ward $6.5 Mil
    Kovalev 0

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-19648334

Kovalev's purse will be listed as zero. His money is strictly a percentage of tickets and PPV revenue - which explains why Roc Nation hasn't been doing much to promote the fight.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    This is the sheet from the commission with the purses and officials for Ward vs. Kovalev.

Ward $6.5 Mil
    Kovalev 0

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-19648334

Kovalev's purse will be listed as zero. His money is strictly a percentage of tickets and PPV revenue - which explains why Roc Nation hasn't been doing much to promote the fight.
    That's offensive

Thread Information