Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    HAHAHAHA!!!Ice Cube won't give up T-Mobile Arena and his 3-on-3 basketball game to accommodate Floyd and McGregor. Precious!! Good for the Cube!I've got an alternate venue, though.
    This is the history of boxing. I was not joking when I suggested this was one for the hardcore boxing purists. - https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/nfca/researchandarticles/boxingbooth

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather vs McGregor official

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I have no respect for the man
    Bet you buy it.
    Nah not this one master, it's just too much of a disappointment. At least manny fights boxers.
    Manny is fighting, you watching that fight?
    Not sure I'm taking the day off for triple G. I would actually like to watch manny despite his washed upness only because he's given me so much entertainment during the years but I've been very disappointed in manny since I found he is supporting duertes death squads. Ggg in sept definitely. I'm even betting on it which I rarely do. @Master

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Someone mentioned Connor having a chance as his game is not grappling mma but the stand up and mentioned he has a chance. It's true Connor does everything he can to stand and fight and he is good but not 12 rounds against Floyd. If wins Connor which which I think is impossible but strange things do happen, I promise to change my avatar to "love the zog" or @Ron Swanson fan club
    Last edited by walrus; 06-20-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Bet you buy it.
    Nah not this one master, it's just too much of a disappointment. At least manny fights boxers.
    Wait, Manny is basically retired but holds a belt hostage while other champions want to unify. And you suggest a retired boxer and a non boxer fighting is what's wrong with boxing?

People have lost their damn minds. A retired boxer and non boxer don't effect what should matter in boxing. It's a spectacle. The actual sporting aspect is negatively effected by Pacquiao holding the belt hostage.

Next people will suggest Charlie Z is important to boxing, after all people watch his fights.
    Oh shut up I'm just saying the fight is a joke. Do u wake up in the morning figuring out how to be a prick or does it just come natural. It's like you are trying to rationalize this piece of shit. Floyd is an arse.
    And I have said the fight is a joke. That was my entire point. And I managed to do it without insulting you.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bet you buy it.
    Wait, Manny is basically retired but holds a belt hostage while other champions want to unify. And you suggest a retired boxer and a non boxer fighting is what's wrong with boxing?

People have lost their damn minds. A retired boxer and non boxer don't effect what should matter in boxing. It's a spectacle. The actual sporting aspect is negatively effected by Pacquiao holding the belt hostage.

Next people will suggest Charlie Z is important to boxing, after all people watch his fights.
    Oh shut up I'm just saying the fight is a joke. Do u wake up in the morning figuring out how to be a prick or does it just come natural. It's like you are trying to rationalize this piece of shit. Floyd is an arse.
    And I have said the fight is a joke. That was my entire point. And I managed to do it without insulting you.
    Ron you may not realize but the way u come accross in 90 percent of your posts is insulting and not just to me as I rarely engage with you. All I said was manny fights boxers and u jumped on that with something I did not reference.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bet you buy it.

Ron you may not realize but the way u come accross in 90 percent of your posts is insulting and not just to me as I rarely engage with you. All I said was manny fights boxers and u jumped on that with something I did not reference.
    Perhaps better to work on your sense of humor than insult.

(If you don't see why that is a funny comment then I'm sorry I can't hold your hand. )

Hell. There's a lot of ways that sentence could be interpreted so I will say. Yes, it could appear I am insulting as suggested. But it was me in fact being self depricating and acknowleding your point. But at the same time pointing out that my sarcasm is being judged insulting by someone who literally insulted me. So, yes. I acknowledge I can seem insulting. But that is not the intent. It's supposed to be understood I am having fun with those even if they directly insult me as an olive branch.

Perhaps I had too many long conversations with the late, great, Iaminuit and should learn to be more direct. If I in any way actually insulted you I apologize.
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 06-20-2017 at 05:14 PM.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bet you buy it.

Perhaps better to work on your sense of humor than insult.

(If you don't see why that is a funny comment then I'm sorry I can't hold your hand. )

Hell. There's a lot of ways that sentence could be interpreted so I will say. Yes, it could appear I am insulting as suggested. But it was me in fact being self depricating and acknowleding your point. But at the same time pointing out that my sarcasm is being judged insulting by someone who literally insulted me. So, yes. I acknowledge I can seem insulting. But that is not the intent. It's supposed to be understood I am having fun with those even if they directly insult me as an olive branch.

Perhaps I had too many long conversations with the late, great, Iaminuit and should learn to be more direct. If I in any way actually insulted you I apologize.
    Sorry rob I meant to hit like but I hit dislike in error. No probs we are fine, at least you are not master

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can someone start a pole about this fight. I've only seen mcgregor fight once but I can't see this being a fight. How many think this will be an actual fight

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can someone start a pole about this fight. I've only seen mcgregor fight once but I can't see this being a fight. How many think this will be an actual fight
    Yet to hear any boxing fan, boxing expert or boxer say it will be a fight. MMA fans and experts think Connor either has a chance or will destroy him.

Their rationale, Connor is much bigger(true), Connor was an amateur Irish National Champion boxer(who cares), Connor still trains in boxing(who cares), Connor has great movement(great for MMA, not for boxing) and Connor will be unpredictable he will box how no boxer ever has(these people seriously think boxers haven't figured out what's best to do in its 100s of years of existence and Connor will reinvent the game 😄)
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 06-21-2017 at 12:24 PM.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And I'm hearing all over Connor will make 100 million. Would Floyd allow that. He always cites his opponents as having their pay day but to me this 100 million thing sounds like bullshit, yet I'm hearing it again and again but usually from the mma fans.

I just can't see it. I also can't see Connor touching Floyd unless Floyd for some strange reason decided to go toe to toe which I don't see happening. I can hear Floyd after saying what a champion Connor was and how he put up a great fight after Connor spent the night chasing Floyd and taking those Floyd shots that suck the wind out of him. The outcome is not in doubt but I am really curious about Conor's cut.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And I'm hearing all over Connor will make 100 million. Would Floyd allow that. He always cites his opponents as having their pay day but to me this 100 million thing sounds like bullshit, yet I'm hearing it again and again but usually from the mma fans.

I just can't see it. I also can't see Connor touching Floyd unless Floyd for some strange reason decided to go toe to toe which I don't see happening. I can hear Floyd after saying what a champion Connor was and how he put up a great fight after Connor spent the night chasing Floyd and taking those Floyd shots that suck the wind out of him. The outcome is not in doubt but I am really curious about Conor's cut.
    The opening projections that are usually rather accurate suggested this fight would gross 606 million. If the initial projections are right then yes, he will get 100 million.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arrow Re: Mayweather vs McGregor official

The opening projections that are usually rather accurate suggested this fight would gross 606 million. If the initial projections are right then yes, he will get 100 million.
    I can't frickin beleive that, why is Floyd allowing that to happen. What the hell is the most Connor made from a fight

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't frickin beleive that, why is Floyd allowing that to happen. What the hell is the most Connor made from a fight
    Because Floyd is looking at 200 million. If he fought GGG he gets 30 million. If he fights Connor he gets 200.(assuming it meets projections. It would be hilarious if it flopped). Connor gets money because he will help sell more than any other fighter. Floyd can let Connor sell it, which he is no longer interested in doing. And it's an easy fight. Exactly what a retired guy wants.

The entire marketing strategy is "what would happen if...." for as great as boxing is doing this year it isn't selling particularly well. So they sell something else. A curiosity. It really should be staged in Atlantic City for nostalgia.

It's hard to pin down exactly what the most Connor has made from a fight before is. I've seen as little as 3 million on one thing and as high as 16 million on another. But remember, the 100 for Connor, 200 for Floyd could be BS. The projections could be BS. Trying to convince everyone that everyone else is interested so others are interested. So far the boxing fans reject it. But boxing fans aren't the desired audience, they want the casuals and those that tune into events. MMA fans are eating it up.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who stickied this crap . They should be banned asap and forced to watch all 101 Butterbean matches!

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And I guess the mma fans are understandably excited. They are very into it, at least the guys I know although they seem more interested in excitement not skill but hey that's what makes the world go round. It's strikes me as odd Floyd is letting an opponent get so much. A lot of his recent, for lack of a better word) opponents got under 10 million and thanked him. Who knows maybe this will hit expectations, I think I might be jealous hearing those figures thrown around

Thread Information