Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather vs McGregor official

Come on Guys! I'm trying not to post on this shit, but surely you can see it , can't you?
    I don't know much about this MMA bollocks , except that it's crap! so I just saw some footage on youtube of when McGregor first became World champion with that mythical 13 second ko! he fucking slapped the guy, hit him a couple of times on the floor, and then went running round the Octagon with the Commentators calling him the new World Champion, all within about 3 seconds of hitting his opponent , and the Guy was trying to get up!! the referee was holding him down.
    This laughable , and it Stinks. THE GUY WAS TRYING TO GET UP! NO COUNT ,NO NOTHING!
    IT'S A FUCKING FIX, THE WHOLE FUCKING LOT OF IT! please tell me you can see it.
    normally it would be laughable, but with the money involved and so many people believing it is legit, this is at best immoral and at worst Fraudulent and illegal!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is a sham. If quality southpaws like Judah, fit, young and aggressive fighters like Hatton, taller fighters like Oscar, biggers fighters Canelo, lost to Floyd how the hell is a 0 fight novice going to win?

Not happening and neither should this fight be. It is priced at $100.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is live on sky now.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It is a sham. If quality southpaws like Judah, fit, young and aggressive fighters like Hatton, taller fighters like Oscar, biggers fighters Canelo, lost to Floyd how the hell is a 0 fight novice going to win?

That freak circus is the biggest win-win episode e-v-e-r

Biggest and easiest payday for Floyd ever.

Biggest and easiest payday for Connor ever.

If Connor loses, he can either retire very rich or go back to UFC with his legacy untarnished.
    If he wins, well, he just writes another page of history (that part is super unlikely though).

Honestly, MacGregor has like 5% chances of winning, no more, and that's if he somehow manages to knock out Floyd in the first 3 rounds. He has the power and timing to do so, but there is so much more playing against him in that fight that it would be foolish to really see some competition here.

Personally, I won't be paying a dime to watch that, I am not even curious. The only way I'd watch it is if my buddies from the gym rent it somewhere as it would be solely an excuse to hang out with them.

It's as interesting as if Mayweather would challenge Rubben "Cobrinha" in a jiu jitsu "superfight" or if Mayweather would challenge MacGregor in a Mma fight.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If people want to see a real boxing contest watch GGG v Canelo. That is a real fight.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post

If Connor loses, he can either retire very rich or go back to UFC with his legacy untarnished.
    If he wins, well, he just writes another page of history (that part is super unlikely though).

Honestly, MacGregor has like 5% chances of winning, no more, and that's if he somehow manages to knock out Floyd in the first 3 rounds. He has the power and timing to do so, but there is so much more playing against him in that fight that it would be foolish to really see some competition here.

Personally, I won't be paying a dime to watch that, I am not even curious. The only way I'd watch it is if my buddies from the gym rent it somewhere as it would be solely an excuse to hang out with them.

It's as interesting as if Mayweather would challenge Rubben "Cobrinha" in a jiu jitsu "superfight" or if Mayweather would challenge MacGregor in a Mma fight.
    You are giving Conor a 5% chance at winning? Wow. You are very generous. Also, if he had a 5% chance at winning then this fight becomes much more interesting. Most interest is lost because he has about a 0.001% chance of winning.

Let's say Conor somehow catches Floyd. He has been hit many times during his career. No way does Conor hit anywhere near as hard as his previous opponents. He is also much slower. Conor winning would be far and away the biggest upset in sports history. It wouldn't even be close. It would be like Kentucky basketball beating the Warriors in a playoff series. It just wouldn't happen.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

McGregor has never fought 12 rounds before, olympic champions take years to adjust to the professional game and 12 rounds. How is he going to do it in 8 weeks?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The circus leading up to this farce is more entertaining than the fight itself will be.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2017/07/...yguards-swarm/

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If people want to see a real boxing contest watch GGG v Canelo. That is a real fight.
    I get the argument there are better fights but why do people keep pointing to this as an example? Canelo hid out between weights because he was afraid of fighters up or down. So how is this so great? The MW champion against one of the 4 best Jr MWs possibly, we don't know because he hid at Caneloweight. Yippee. The MW Champ will fight another former WW, one who lost every round to a guy who started at 130. Every round. GGG vs Canelo should not be our example of a real fight. It's a payday. If boxing fans believe this is the best the sport has to offer I'm saddened. Chastising one con while buying another con hook line and sinker. Let them fool the casuals but let's not be dupes along side them.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It may not be the greatest of fights canelo v ggg but I am looking forward to it. The way ggg throws and cuts off the ring is interesting to watch

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gotta say, I'm more interested in Broner v Garcia as a fight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Odds for mayweather win are now 1/5.5 with Paddy power... Am I crazy to think if it goes to 1/4 I'll put on a couple of grand? I can't believe the odds for this fight

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I get the argument there are better fights but why do people keep pointing to this as an example? Canelo hid out between weights because he was afraid of fighters up or down. So how is this so great? The MW champion against one of the 4 best Jr MWs possibly, we don't know because he hid at Caneloweight. Yippee. The MW Champ will fight another former WW, one who lost every round to a guy who started at 130. Every round. GGG vs Canelo should not be our example of a real fight. It's a payday. If boxing fans believe this is the best the sport has to offer I'm saddened. Chastising one con while buying another con hook line and sinker. Let them fool the casuals but let's not be dupes along side them.
    The fight is made eventually and it is the best fight in the division. It is a real fight.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK curiosity got the better of me and I have just skimmed through the London presser

It really is just a big show isn't it, it did make me laugh when Mayweather got up to speak and was just slowly walking around and he casually picked up McGregors microphones, McGregor jumps up and grabs Floyds off his table ''I'm too quick for you son, lets see ya come an take dis one from me''

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post

You are giving Conor a 5% chance at winning? Wow. You are very generous. Also, if he had a 5% chance at winning then this fight becomes much more interesting. Most interest is lost because he has about a 0.001% chance of winning.

Let's say Conor somehow catches Floyd. He has been hit many times during his career. No way does Conor hit anywhere near as hard as his previous opponents. He is also much slower. Conor winning would be far and away the biggest upset in sports history. It wouldn't even be close. It would be like Kentucky basketball beating the Warriors in a playoff series. It just wouldn't happen.
    Yeah, I know, I am being generous, but considering that Connor has a great timing and tremendous power, I thought that albeit a bit generous, 5% was still fair. I wouldn't argue against anybody like you telling me I should see with a reductive correction my ratio
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information