Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Twin Towers WTC v Grenfell Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Not to mention the Council had MORE THAN ENOUGH funds to remedy the situation prior to the blaze...and those being tax funds the citizenry should be well pissed off that their money they EARNED and the fat fucking council members are just sitting on that while receiving MORE taxed money.But you can't fucking say that because someone might get all angry with the wrong folk....it's the wealthy people who need dealing with, heads on pikes and all that
    This is the exact argument that people have been making though Lyle. It's our tax money. Our council tax, our income tax, our national insurance and the Tories in charge, whether that be councillors or MPs, are usually those same double barrelled surname rich aristocrats giving themselves 12% pay rises and then refusing to grant public sector workers (fire brigade,nurses,garbage collectors, state prosecutors, paramedics etc) more than 1%. So the working poors wages do not even keep up with inflation. These same politicians are lobbied by huge corporations with special interests who offer them places on the board and shares etc and so laws are made that again give them huge tax breaks and slack legislation that again punishes the working poor. It's happening in your country too. When huge corporates like Amazon and Google operate like states paying no tax and dictating policy, the flaws in the American model are obvious. Austerity and poor basic services and rights, like the right to not be burned alive for the working man, and pay rises and no tax for the top 1%. It does not make someone a communist to point this out.
    Ah yes.....ONLY Tories.

I had a feeling that would be the response.

Carry on
    Yes because they do not believe in public services. If you think you know more about British politics than the Brits why would you even post in this thread? I have nothing against wealthy people I know people who own stately homes who are lovely people but there is no excuse for not paying your taxes or abusing the power that wealth gives you to keep other people down. I mean it's quite uncontroversial stuff but if you think those working in the public sector do not deserve a pay rise at least in line with inflation at 2.9% then you are aligning yourself with the Tories. In the Labour and every other parties manifesto they guaranteed a pay rise of above 1% for firemen etc. Even under the worst "new labour" government when I was a public sector worker for the CPS we were given a pay rise above inflation and certainly above 1%. So yes

Only the Tories
    In the private sector, my wages only went up considerably below inflation under LABOUR. Many in the private sector are down on what they were earning 10 years ago, the public service workers are doing pretty well all things considered.
    It is not the job of Government to dictate what people get paid in the private sector and Nurses using food banks would suggest you are mistaken. You don't have to go into burning buildings or pick up peoples heads from road accidents so why should anybody care what you think about anything over there in your South Korean Ivory tower?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andrew Stephenson (Conservative - Pendle)
    John Stevenson (Conservative - Carlisle)
    Bob Stewart (Conservative - Beckenham)
    Iain Stewart (Conservative - Milton Keynes South)
    Rory Stewart (Conservative - Penrith and The Border)
    Mr Gary Streeter (Conservative - South West Devon)
    Mel Stride (Conservative - Central Devon)
    Graham Stuart (Conservative - Beverley and Holderness)
    Julian Sturdy (Conservative - York Outer)
    Rishi Sunak (Conservative - Richmond (Yorks))
    Sir Desmond Swayne (Conservative - New Forest West)
    Sir Hugo Swire (Conservative - East Devon)
    Mr Robert Syms (Conservative - Poole)
    Derek Thomas (Conservative - St Ives)
    Ross Thomson (Conservative - Aberdeen South)
    Maggie Throup (Conservative - Erewash)
    Kelly Tolhurst (Conservative - Rochester and Strood)
    Justin Tomlinson (Conservative - North Swindon)
    Michael Tomlinson (Conservative - Mid Dorset and North Poole)
    Craig Tracey (Conservative - North Warwickshire)
    David Tredinnick (Conservative - Bosworth)
    Mrs Anne-Marie Trevelyan (Conservative - Berwick-upon-Tweed)
    Elizabeth Truss (Conservative - South West Norfolk)
    Tom Tugendhat (Conservative - Tonbridge and Malling)
    Mr Edward Vaizey (Conservative - Wantage)
    Mr Shailesh Vara (Conservative - North West Cambridgeshire)
    Martin Vickers (Conservative - Cleethorpes)
    Theresa Villiers (Conservative - Chipping Barnet)
    Mr Charles Walker (Conservative - Broxbourne)
    Mr Robin Walker (Conservative - Worcester)
    Mr Ben Wallace (Conservative - Wyre and Preston North)
    David Warburton (Conservative - Somerton and Frome)
    Matt Warman (Conservative - Boston and Skegness)
    Giles Watling (Conservative - Clacton)
    Helen Whately (Conservative - Faversham and Mid Kent)
    Craig Whittaker (Conservative - Calder Valley)
    Mr John Whittingdale (Conservative - Maldon)
    Bill Wiggin (Conservative - North Herefordshire)
    Gavin Williamson (Conservative - South Staffordshire)
    Dr Sarah Wollaston (Conservative - Totnes)
    Mike Wood (Conservative - Dudley South)
    Mr William Wragg (Conservative - Hazel Grove)
    Jeremy Wright (Conservative - Kenilworth and Southam)
    Nadhim Zahawi (Conservative - Stratford-on-Avon)
    Mr Gregory Campbell (Democratic Unionist Party - East Londonderry)
    Nigel Dodds (Democratic Unionist Party - Belfast North)
    Sir Jeffrey M. Donaldson (Democratic Unionist Party - Lagan Valley)
    Paul Girvan (Democratic Unionist Party - South Antrim)
    Ian Paisley (Democratic Unionist Party - North Antrim)
    Emma Little Pengelly (Democratic Unionist Party - Belfast South)
    Gavin Robinson (Democratic Unionist Party - Belfast East)
    Jim Shannon (Democratic Unionist Party - Strangford)
    David Simpson (Democratic Unionist Party - Upper Bann)
    Sammy Wilson (Democratic Unionist Party - East Antrim)
    Damn if you didn't copy and paste that I am in awe

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beanz I happen to NO about public sector pay freeze why because I am ONE, a public sector worker cuts cuts Tory s always have done always will Labour give money to those who are undeserving and have in the past made people benefit ghouls those who breed kids and are fucking idle to boot mate I am surrounded by theses people smoking there shit and drinking there beer as I pass the pub on the way home from work.!
    I have worked since I was 16 mate some of theses twats are older than me and have never worked a day in there fucking life they have bred a house full of kids and done fuck all bar drink in the pub.
    The Tory s are first class cunts if you got money your okay, I am a labour voter but under there government I have only paid more tax really is a fuck up the people they say they are trying to help end up paying more to give you have to take simple.
    Jeremy is no knight on his white charger more of a grey one that looks very much like a donkey.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beans is a hydroelectric chainsaw whirlwind

El Kabong Guest

Sorry to disappoint you but we are not your fellow citizens and it is no good you trying to impose the American model onto the rest of the world. I don't think you understand the difference between councils and the government the Lib Dems and Labour, new Labour under Blair and true Labour before and after him. It would take quite a long time to explain and be a huge waste of energy because you have your mind made up. You cannot use America in trying to understand the UK. Particularly now when you are being run like a corporation which is the complete opposite of what governments are elected to do.
    Yeah again so 100% Tories fault and NOT just government in general....k, got it. Get your pitchfork and torch and storm Parliament
    Again since when does supporting the opposition mean not supporting democracy ? You seem to have no interest in anything but opposing things for the sake of it. That is not debating it is you literally making up your opponents position. Incredibly lame and tiresome way to carry on.
    I'll respond once that "new blood" arrives.......wouldn't want to drown anyone out

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not to mention the Council had MORE THAN ENOUGH funds to remedy the situation prior to the blaze...and those being tax funds the citizenry should be well pissed off that their money they EARNED and the fat fucking council members are just sitting on that while receiving MORE taxed money.But you can't fucking say that because someone might get all angry with the wrong folk....it's the wealthy people who need dealing with, heads on pikes and all that
    This is the exact argument that people have been making though Lyle. It's our tax money. Our council tax, our income tax, our national insurance and the Tories in charge, whether that be councillors or MPs, are usually those same double barrelled surname rich aristocrats giving themselves 12% pay rises and then refusing to grant public sector workers (fire brigade,nurses,garbage collectors, state prosecutors, paramedics etc) more than 1%. So the working poors wages do not even keep up with inflation. These same politicians are lobbied by huge corporations with special interests who offer them places on the board and shares etc and so laws are made that again give them huge tax breaks and slack legislation that again punishes the working poor. It's happening in your country too. When huge corporates like Amazon and Google operate like states paying no tax and dictating policy, the flaws in the American model are obvious. Austerity and poor basic services and rights, like the right to not be burned alive for the working man, and pay rises and no tax for the top 1%. It does not make someone a communist to point this out.
    Ah yes.....ONLY Tories.I had a feeling that would be the response.Carry on
    Yes because they do not believe in public services. If you think you know more about British politics than the Brits why would you even post in this thread? I have nothing against wealthy people I know people who own stately homes who are lovely people but there is no excuse for not paying your taxes or abusing the power that wealth gives you to keep other people down. I mean it's quite uncontroversial stuff but if you think those working in the public sector do not deserve a pay rise at least in line with inflation at 2.9% then you are aligning yourself with the Tories. In the Labour and every other parties manifesto they guaranteed a pay rise of above 1% for firemen etc. Even under the worst "new labour" government when I was a public sector worker for the CPS we were given a pay rise above inflation and certainly above 1%. So yes Only the Tories
    In the private sector, my wages only went up considerably below inflation under LABOUR. Many in the private sector are down on what they were earning 10 years ago, the public service workers are doing pretty well all things considered.
    It is not the job of Government to dictate what people get paid in the private sector and Nurses using food banks would suggest you are mistaken. You don't have to go into burning buildings or pick up peoples heads from road accidents so why should anybody care what you think about anything over there in your South Korean Ivory tower?
    Because your statement was untrue. It happens under Labour and Tories. The public sector generally fares better than those in the private sector and even 1% is better than what those working privately have been getting. Rather than concede a point you resort to the 'You don't live here' argument. Incredibly weak.
    You sound like Norman Lamont. Public sector wages are falling in real terms not helped by the plumit of the pound after Brexit. You have shown your true colours Miles with the disdain you reserve for those on council estates and the disabled who apparently have themselves to blame for bad lifestyle choices. Now you are more worried about private sector workers as though there is no value in public service.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here you go Miles this is who you are aligning yourself against now. Please tell me I am mistaken

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I need to take a break from this incessant unpleasantry. The forum is not what it was.

Thread Information