Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tyson Visits His Idols Memorial

Tyson pays surprise visit to Mao's memorial

Former heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson visited the Memorial Hall dedicated to late Chairman Mao Zedong in Beijing's Tian'anmen Square during his three-day visit to China.

A long-time admirer of the late Chinese leader, Tyson unexpectedly arrived in Beijing on Saturday morning from Shanghai to pay his respects at the hall, the Beijing Times said yesterday.

He arrived in Shanghai last Thursday for a three-day visit to promote a new nightclub.

"I felt really insignificant next to the remains of Chairman Mao," the paper quoted him as saying. "This is a great honour to be able to visit the memorial hall."

Wearing a shirt with the picture of NBA centre Shaquille O'Neal on it, the former champion looked in good spirits.

He said he expected to visit China again and attend contests here, the newspaper said.

Tyson quickly left the crowded hall where the embalmed remains of the late leader lie, after purchasing several books on Mao.

He also reportedly shouted "I love you" to Chinese onlookers.

Later in Diaoyutai State Guesthouse, Tyson received a statue from Pan Qinglin, a member of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, who personally invited him to visit Beijing.

Tyson, 39, became the youngest champion in heavyweight history, when he took the title aged 20 in 1986, but he retired in June last year with his career battered and bruised by a string of indiscretions in and out of the ring.

While serving a prison sentence in the 1990s for rape, Tyson claimed he read Mao's selected works and expressed admiration for them. He even had his right arm tattooed with the late chairman to show his respect.

Tyson left China yesterday morning and is scheduled to revisit China in June.

Source: China Daily

Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Visits His Idols Memorial

What is Tyson, on a world tour?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by drgoodlooking
    yea he is on an official "world tour" actually

i heard a rumor that hes doing all this to make money for one like he wa on a bunch of european comercials for vodka or somthin ,...also hes attending sertain things and making use of his status ....but ive hear also that hes on his tour to keep himself from being depressed and to remind him everyone loves him lol as silly as it sounds ...but 4real ppl here and reproters are alwasy asking him about what its like being a convicted rapist and then taking his words outa context ....i really think its good for him to relize the whole world does love him .....

i feel sorry for tyson in the sense i dont think he raped that girl but he has to live w/ all that and everytime he fights he has ppl rooting against him just too see him get beat up ...ITs very hard to maintain ur sanity even for a sane person in those circumstances let alone mike...i'm glad mike is stying busy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm also glad Mike is staying busy.
    Quote Originally Posted by means2184

i heard a rumor that hes doing all this to make money for one like he wa on a bunch of european comercials for vodka or somthin ,...also hes attending sertain things and making use of his status ....but ive hear also that hes on his tour to keep himself from being depressed and to remind him everyone loves him lol as silly as it sounds ...but 4real ppl here and reproters are alwasy asking him about what its like being a convicted rapist and then taking his words outa context ....i really think its good for him to relize the whole world does love him .....

i feel sorry for tyson in the sense i dont think he raped that girl but he has to live w/ all that and everytime he fights he has ppl rooting against him just too see him get beat up ...ITs very hard to maintain ur sanity even for a sane person in those circumstances let alone mike...i'm glad mike is stying busy
    I can't say anything about his rape case, but I know Don King and the rest of those clowns raped Mike. He acts like an animal sometimes, but when everyone takes from you, and wants to treat you like an animal, and cusses you, it does affect your mentality. He has caused alot of his own problems, but I feel sorry for the guy in a certain sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Unknowndonor
    I'm also glad Mike is staying busy.
    Quote Originally Posted by means2184

I can't say anything about his rape case, but I know Don King and the rest of those clowns raped Mike. He acts like an animal sometimes, but when everyone takes from you, and wants to treat you like an animal, and cusses you, it does affect your mentality. He has caused alot of his own problems, but I feel sorry for the guy in a certain sense.
    Yeah, I like Mike Tyson.

Thread Information