Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  51
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Choco-Srisaket II/Inoue-Nieves/Cuadras-Estrada - Sept 9 Great Card!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Choco-Srisaket II/Inoue-Nieves/Cuadras-Estrada - Sept 9 Great Card!!!

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I'll bite. Not only to trash the post prediction, but to say that according to @erics44 the card is shit, basically because they're not lumbering behemoths.

Actually, Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez is one of my current fav fighters. I was happy and proud of local boy McWilliams Arroyo's pretty good showing against him, albeit in a losing effort.
    i never said the card was shit did I?

No you didn't. I was giving you shit for saying bigger boxers are better boxers than smaller boxers. I feel that is a totally incorrect blanket statement, but to each his own. I rather enjoy a good boxing match between little guys who know how to box. Of course, I prefer those who can also bang... thus my being a fan of Chocolatito. He beat my local guy recently, but no shame in that as Chocolatito is widely considered (dare I say it.... ) one of the world's top p4p today.

I enjoy smaller fighters fight

in fact I often prefer it

doesn't mean I think they would beat the bigger fighters, in fact I know they wouldnt
    P4P they would.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Choco-Srisaket II/Inoue-Nieves/Cuadras-Estrada - Sept 9 Great Card!!!

I'll bite. Not only to trash the post prediction, but to say that according to @erics44 the card is shit, basically because they're not lumbering behemoths.

Actually, Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez is one of my current fav fighters. I was happy and proud of local boy McWilliams Arroyo's pretty good showing against him, albeit in a losing effort.

No you didn't. I was giving you shit for saying bigger boxers are better boxers than smaller boxers. I feel that is a totally incorrect blanket statement, but to each his own. I rather enjoy a good boxing match between little guys who know how to box. Of course, I prefer those who can also bang... thus my being a fan of Chocolatito. He beat my local guy recently, but no shame in that as Chocolatito is widely considered (dare I say it.... ) one of the world's top p4p today.

doesn't mean I think they would beat the bigger fighters, in fact I know they wouldnt
    Historically fighters have had far more success moving up than moving down. There's a reason

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

P4P they would.

{TitoFan thanked twice in exasperation for this post}

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Choco was unlucky to lose last time, the majority thought he won, he landed something like 200 more punches. I was delighted having flagged up the Thai as a serious threat/bet but surprised he got the decision.

If Choco wins he'll stay P4P no.2 behind Loma.
    It won't come as a surprise to you to learn that I was steaming drunk when I watched the fight and I'm sure I can remember me thinking Choco lost quite clearly. I can definitely remember posting that 115 was a bridge too far for him after the fight based on what I watched, and I watched it hoping he'd win, but if I watched it again sober I may well think that he did win. I'll be steaming drunk when I watch the rematch too. I reserve the right to get the actual winner wrong and/or misremember who won the next day. I can't find the original thread now.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is live on SKY.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excellent card. I thought we had a thread already. Gonzalez rights the injustice done last time. I think he'll fight the same way as last time but he'll start faster. Monster will be all destruction. Estrada and Caudras may steal the show. I think stylistically Caudras is a handful for Estrada, although I see Estrada pulling out a close one.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man this is just a fat card. Top tier fighters all in spr fly triple header and a couple p4p hopefully headed to a face off. Definite rarity and feels nostalgic for weight range. Also talked an old school bud who just started watching the sport into catching it and stop saying Golovkin Canelo is "only thing" soon .

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like I'm going to have to miss this one, I'll need to record it and watch it in the morning

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not doing the usual Saturday night boozing/Indian till they boot me out and come back to watch the fight, I'm doing barbecue. The meat is already marinating. One of the marinades is basically pureed Scotch Bonnets.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Sky show starts at 3.15 to 6

That sounds well late for three title fights. Inoue is most likely to end within 6 (even though he's fighting a bantamweight) but the other two fights look almost cert 12-rounders.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    The Sky show starts at 3.15 to 6

That sounds well late for three title fights. Inoue is most likely to end within 6 (even though he's fighting a bantamweight) but the other two fights look almost cert 12-rounders.
    Well if it is running until 6am then there is a chance that the fight won't start until 5ish which means I might still be able to catch it live...depending on how hungover I am.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gutted to miss the rbr but am going to have to watch the recording 5am is a long night to wait up. Enjoy though you Lovely Saddo bastards :-)
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Man this is just a fat card. Top tier fighters all in spr fly triple header and a couple p4p hopefully headed to a face off. Definite rarity and feels nostalgic for weight range. Also talked an old school bud who just started watching the sport into catching it and stop saying Golovkin Canelo is "only thing" soon .
    Yeah, I don't understand it. Canelo didn't even prove himself the best at 154 but this is supposed to be the best MW fight? Makes no sense. Canelo will have to be better than he's ever been to compete. Or GGG will need to have slipped a bit.

This card tonight is where it's at

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Yeah, I don't understand it. Canelo didn't even prove himself the best at 154 but this is supposed to be the best MW fight? Makes no sense. Canelo will have to be better than he's ever been to compete. Or GGG will need to have slipped a bit.

This card tonight is where it's at
    I've begrudgingly come around to Canelo at middle as size on fight night is obvious. Then there's the trinket from Cotto who 'beat the man' yadda yadda. But you simply cannot take a title won with CW conditions serious imo. Hell some titles you cannot take serious at all . Fact is the fight is here though and a win changes everything for Canelo and gets him that respect. I honestly think Golovkin looked not so stellar vs Jacobs but respect to Jacobs and seriously needs to up his output next week. It's a good fight and I'll def be front row but not the be all to end all for sport at least to me. Should Canelo pull it off the belts splinter and I in no way see him facing Jermall Charlo or even Derevyanchenko. Sanders-Monroe jr winner..yeh.

What makes this card so great are each fight has it's own anticipated story and winners of all three very much have a future as yet more big matches vs one another. Gonzalez looks to right a 'wrong' and reset his shine. Inoue in a very anticipated Stateside debut and mass exposure that comes with and Cuadras v Estrada is a headliner in itself. Fly and super fly get very little stage to begin with and this deserves it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Estrada looking decent here.

Thread Information