38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pac vs Horn..do we care?

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    https://twitter.com/CompuBox?ref_src...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    compubox has pac man outlanding horn 182-92 :S amazing really not the way i saw it but whatever.....
    Those stats were a joke. I don't believe for a second that Pac outlanded Horn 2:1. I never trust compubox. It's an awful way to judge anything. They are basically worthless.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Lots of outrage coming from American fans/journos

Did Teddy have Pac whitewashing it? Last I saw was Spicoli post 5-1 to Pac when BoxNation had it 4-2 to Horn.
    Brother you're looking at the prelim fight . Unless I'm totally tripping but I'll check . Manny won this on simply the cleaner punches for me, not close. He took damage and got roughed up but he boxed better form in there. BoxNation is probably smoking something
    Hey, I don't care who won, just wondering what the broadcast influence was, as I always thought it was close either way.

Listening to an American phone-in now, loads of fans are saying Horn won and they were listening to Teddy/ESPN.
    I do think a lot of people were heavily influenced by Atlas. He was so pro Pac. Bradley said in the last round that he thought the fight was closer than what Atlas thought.

My main frustration is that among boxing fans I have seen it pretty split. Among non boxing fans (including casual fans), Pac was the unanimous winner. Hence why I think that they were heavily influenced by Atlas. Fat dan also thought it was a terrible decision which is alright because he generally scores pretty badly.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Lots of outrage coming from American fans/journos

Did Teddy have Pac whitewashing it? Last I saw was Spicoli post 5-1 to Pac when BoxNation had it 4-2 to Horn.
    Brother you're looking at the prelim fight . Unless I'm totally tripping but I'll check . Manny won this on simply the cleaner punches for me, not close. He took damage and got roughed up but he boxed better form in there. BoxNation is probably smoking something
    Hey, I don't care who won, just wondering what the broadcast influence was, as I always thought it was close either way.

Listening to an American phone-in now, loads of fans are saying Horn won and they were listening to Teddy/ESPN.
    Teddy went on rants with sequels about the bad decision if that tells you. Clear Manny win. Tim Bradley praised Horn all out but when asked had Manny winning. Tim also defended Horns effort when Stephen A. ignorantly smashed him prior and post fight so balanced network I suppose . Ya don't need a blatant robbery label to know a shat call when ya see it to me.
    Manny by a few points and I think judges got caught up in emotion, thrill or worse. Well at least he won't have to be Spences or Crawfords stepping stone now

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched it in Russian (a language I don't speak), and could see that there was a real chance that Horn was gonna get the win.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Early on I actually had it for horn. It wasn't Horn being some kind of rough housing juggernaut, as much as it was many seemingly under performing from what people expected. The high guard stance that says I don't really trust my reflexes anymore and the half fleeing almost backwards jab. Manny did start to land smarter punches after he learned he couldn't out tough this kid at his age and that the kid was wearing himself out the window of opportunity was left open wider. I thought he turned it around and that the kid was ready to go. I still wanted to believe they werent going to screw him despite the very pro aussie crowd (Both fighters entered to AC/DC hahahah) The cheering every time horn connected with a flail... and of course not much of any admonishment to horn for hitting on he break, headlocks, head butts, stiff arming, or following through with his shoulder.. or the mma sweep that sent manny down. Tough crowd. With every of of these controversies, i see less and less people ponying up for Septembers ppv.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eight years since Manny stopped anyone and closing the show against someone who looked like a young SMW on the night was never going to be likely. The ref warning he was about to stop it after Manny showing glimpses of what he used to be in round 9 but Manny was never going to stop him at this stage of his great career. Blatant head bollocks and Horns rough edges aside it was close - ish but I thought Manny took it. A case of the wideness of one the scorecards being the robbery more than the result.
    Last edited by Beanz; 07-03-2017 at 02:06 AM.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually was a good fight.

Horn was fazed and started strong.

Spence would destroy Horn and Thurman on the same night.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Actually was a good fight.

Horn was fazed and started strong.

Spence would destroy Horn and Thurman on the same night.
    ...as well as Floyd.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny said in the post fight interview that he did catch a cold on arrival.

I also noticed his shoulder was playing up in the later rounds..lol

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People are so desperate for manny to score a knockout..what's wrong in seeing him outbox opponents?!

Stop putting this knockout pressure on him all the time!

He knocked out a faded Hatton nearly ten years ago but since that time he has outboxed lots of quality opponents including an undefeated Bradley.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Horn was game age was a factor with Pac bad decision maybe rematch loads more money who really gives a shit.

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Horn was game age was a factor with Pac bad decision maybe rematch loads more money who really gives a shit.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a close fight, no doubt, but Pacquaio deserved the win. I'd have it 6-6 with the 9th being a 10-8 for Manny. 7-5 for Manny is also very reasonable. A few rounds were nearly a toss up. Horn was big, dirty, and Pac showed his age. Sad to see. I'd say Horn is rough and all heart, but he'd be hard pressed to beat guys like Collazo, Berto, or Algeri.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Atlas commentary was probably one of the most biased and turgid i have ever heard in a boxing match, he hated Horn from round 1. It certainly has influenced some of the ridiculous comments made by celebrities who were wrong ( Samuel L Jackson and Kobe Bryant who are screaming robbery ). Lennox Lewis should know better. There was no robbery here, Pacman got old and Horn was too tough for him. No way compubox got those stats right. Horn was with Pacquiao all the way in that fight except for Round 9. I'm surprised Horn won, i'm surprised he even went the distance, but then again i'm not surprised Manny Pacquiao is done and dusted at age 38. 115-113 seems fair to me.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bob arum is behind all of this..he makes me sick.

He loves a rematch with Top rank fighters..he is milking it for all it's worth.

Thread Information