Thread: Benn v Collins III - it's on !

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Benn v Collins III - it's on !

At least Collins is honest enough to say it is about the money to buy some land.

The fucker Floyd is making it out that it is the fans demanding the McGregor fight when he has been generating it with the media throughout his retirement. Cunt.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bit annoying what Collins is saying really.

It's like we've pissed our money up the wall and I want to buy some more land - will you mugs please fund it. Thanks
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It reminds me of the old "hard nut" in the pub that gets bladdered then starts threatening young blokes with right handers. Just sit down you soppy old git.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How do I add a poll to this - to see who'd actually pay to watch it
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    At least Collins is honest enough to say it is about the money to buy some land.

The fucker Floyd is making it out that it is the fans demanding the McGregor fight when he has been generating it with the media throughout his retirement. Cunt.
    I get many forms of outrage over the fight. But acting like "Money" Mayweather has been dishonest about wanting money is about as disengenuous as is possible. Is it sarcasm? If so well played

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    You think this will be ppv?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

I get many forms of outrage over the fight. But acting like "Money" Mayweather has been dishonest about wanting money is about as disengenuous as is possible. Is it sarcasm? If so well played
    You Know @Master Ron? In his World, Floyd should not only fight for free, but he should fight somebody 3 weights bigger just so the fans can see him get beat up!
    Also , he wants every fighter to earn major money as long as there's no ppv.
    So who should pay the fighters all this money if there's no ppv?
    The promoters of course! How dare they make a penny out of their investment!
    Oh yes, @Master's World #utopia

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't really mind it even if they are obviously in a side category and well weeeelllllll beyond relevance. It's not nearly as farcical, to me, as the giant infomercial Mayweather and Dana Whites poster boy are staging. They have history, are actually trained professional prize fighters-boxers and know the base and intended audience. It's a joke that doesn't take itself too seriously and not shoved down the throats of world wide fans.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

You Know @Master Ron? In his World, Floyd should not only fight for free, but he should fight somebody 3 weights bigger just so the fans can see him get beat up!
    Fans pay subscription to the channels for boxing and increasingly they have to pay more for ppv fights which is an outrage. There is enough money if the promoters were not there for the fighters. You want to see more Bellew v Cleverly ppv then be my guest?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fans pay subscription to the channels for boxing and increasingly they have to pay more for ppv fights which is an outrage. There is enough money if the promoters were not there for the fighters. You want to see more Bellew v Cleverly ppv then be my guest?
    Not my point mate. My point is that when I moan that some earn too much, you say "it's a short career, it's a dangerous game , they deserve what they get."
    Well where do you think they get that from?
    It's a supply and demand World. If people want to be continually mugged off , so be it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not my point mate. My point is that when I moan that some earn too much, you say "it's a short career, it's a dangerous game , they deserve what they get."
    It's a supply and demand World. If people want to be continually mugged off , so be it.
    ITV PPV, Box Nation PPV... when does it end?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    You think this will be ppv?
    this hadn't crossed my mind. I was all for the fight but thought of paying Ppv is abit offputting. If it was sold as a charity match free to air it would get significantly more support but Ppv is a clear money grab and exploitation.

i remember watching the 1st two fights and they left a sour taste. Never dreamt we'd get a 3rd fight over two decades later. 1st one Benn quit afew seconds after an ankle injury which looks worse since Haye continued fighting with a similar problem. Second time he just outright quit on his stool which wasn't consistent with his warrior mentality. The fire had gone and he's now saying it took 20 years to get it burning again

collins reason is as honest as it can get but he did give up his belt because he was scared to fight Calzaghe and I remember that he attempted a comeback some years later but fainted in training and couldn't get licensed. At 52 I'm confused how his health would've improved. I think he got eubank and Benn at the right time but at 4-0 in those fights he deserves credit.

the fight itself won't be much fun to watch. I rewatched the 1st two since this 3rd was announced and was reminded how sloppy those fights were. Styles didn't mesh and both guys missed a lot. So a 3rd fight can only be uglier. Let's see how it takes shape in the coming weeks but I have a feeling eubank jnr will have an itv Ppv rival

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ITV PPV, Box Nation PPV... when does it end?
    It doesn't mate. Look at football. Ordinary players earning over £100k that can only kick a ball with one foot!
    The only way it will stop is if Joe Public grows a brain, and that's highly unlikely.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

watching videos of benn he still looks pretty handy

id be surprised if Collins wins this one
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    watching videos of benn he still looks pretty handy

id be surprised if Collins wins this one
    I would hope and agree with that. the only thing I worry about is that you can look great in the gym or on a video clip and then you get in the ring and feel you have to pace yourself especially at their age . then you tighten up and start to look a bit like a donkey.
    Look at Eubank Jr. for example. in his video clips , he looks like the kid off the Incredibles and his dopey old man says he throws "60 and 70 punch combinations".
    then he gets in the ring and swings like a rusty gate, and I ain't never seen any fucker throw 60 and 70 punch combinations!!!
    even when his wise old man in his corner says to him "why don't you throw a 60, just for the funk of it?" Priceless!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information