Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Horn decision makes me rethink boxing

For some inexplicable reason, it seems it?s relatively easy to cheat this ATG. That first round against JMM that was wrongly scored, the Bradley disgrace, and now this, Reminds of how Oscar, another ATG, was treated. Oscar complained. Many doesn't. Maybe that's why he gets treated this way. But when Oscar lost to Tito, I left boxing for a while.

This one gives me that same feeling of disgust about the entire business. Casamayor vs. Santa Cruz and Foreman vs Briggs also put me at the brink. It's almost like I am colluding in something that lacks a moral underbelly-- something that is innately tenuous at best and foul at worst. I think it's called a moral compass and mine just tiled to the wrong side again.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Horn decision makes me rethink boxing

Perhaps you get so frustrated because you don't actually understand what you are speaking about. For example that first round wasn't wrongly scored. The judge misinterpreted his options. It didn't have to be 10-6. The judge just didn't know it could be because most judges won't go to 10-6. So it wasn't scored wrong. It just could have been scored differently.

Pac has benefitted from a couple bad decisions and been hurt by a couple. It evened out.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Perhaps you get so frustrated because you don't actually understand what you are speaking about. For example that first round wasn't wrongly scored. The judge misinterpreted his options. It didn't have to be 10-6. The judge just didn't know it could be because most judges won't go to 10-6. So it wasn't scored wrong. It just could have been scored differently.Pac has benefitted from a couple bad decisions and been hurt by a couple. It evened out.
    What gift decisions has Pacquaio benefited from?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Perhaps you get so frustrated because you don't actually understand what you are speaking about. For example that first round wasn't wrongly scored. The judge misinterpreted his options. It didn't have to be 10-6. The judge just didn't know it could be because most judges won't go to 10-6. So it wasn't scored wrong. It just could have been scored differently.Pac has benefitted from a couple bad decisions and been hurt by a couple. It evened out.
    i guess the 3rd marquez fight, i remember that one being very controversial, I didnt see it.. who did you have winning that one ?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    i guess the 3rd marquez fight, i remember that one being very controversial, I didnt see it.. who did you have winning that one ?
    Honestly, id have to go back and watch it as the 2nd n 3rd fights blend together for me. They all do really aside from the 1st round of the 1st fight and the KO in the 4th fight that encouraged Mayweather to fight Manny.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Honestly, id have to go back and watch it as the 2nd n 3rd fights blend together for me. They all do really aside from the 1st round of the 1st fight and the KO in the 4th fight that encouraged Mayweather to fight Manny.
    Pac won II, Marquez won III more clearly than Pac won II. 1 is debateable.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure bad calls even out so much as just cancels out in the eyes of fan or detractors. A guy taking an iffy loss early in career is far far different than a guy coming back or rebuilding after one near the end of career. With Oscar-Tito it was a tail of two fights and has been knocked back and forth ever since. But Oscar put himself in that negative light at the tail end. Fans will instinctively hold a guy literally running and disengaging against them but still had that as extremely close I believe right down to one point. Briggs v Foreman and Casa vs Santa Cruz were outright robberies.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny doesn't complain? He just isn't a loud complainer. He lets Roach do that for him. He also makes excuses for every loss.

Pac was fortunate to get that draw against JMM. JMM easily outboxed him just about every round. The third fight was a complete robbery. No way did Pac win that fight.

The Bradley fight was an awful decision. I'll give you that one. Last night wasn't an awful decision. It was plausible even if you thought Pac won. JMM beat Pac much more clearly in their third fight than Pac beat Horn last night.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Not sure bad calls even out so much as just cancels out in the eyes of fan or detractors. A guy taking an iffy loss early in career is far far different than a guy coming back or rebuilding after one near the end of career. With Oscar-Tito it was a tail of two fights and has been knocked back and forth ever since. But Oscar put himself in that negative light at the tail end. Fans will instinctively hold a guy literally running and disengaging against them but still had that as extremely close I believe right down to one point. Briggs v Foreman and Casa vs Santa Cruz were outright robberies.
    Those two were terrible. Toney-Tiberi was another.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am somewhat surprised about the decision but more surprised how Manny struggled to easily destroy a journeyman.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perhaps you get so frustrated because you don't actually understand what you are speaking about. For example that first round wasn't wrongly scored. The judge misinterpreted his options. It didn't have to be 10-6. The judge just didn't know it could be because most judges won't go to 10-6. So it wasn't scored wrong. It just could have been scored differently.

Pac has benefitted from a couple bad decisions and been hurt by a couple. It evened out.

Your post is one of many reasons why I have you on my ignore list. In short, you are an ...........e
    Last edited by holmcall; 07-04-2017 at 09:51 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post

Your post is one of many reasons why I have you on my ignore list. In short, you are an ...........e
    Didn't disagree with a word I said and can't because it is all true. But insulted me. I should learn to call people names so I can be popular.

Since so many want to call me names I think I will explain myself. I talk to people here as if we knew each other. Very smart ass, very tongue in cheek. You all will notice I don't insult anyone. Because I mean no insult. I talk in an insulting manner because that is how friends talk. It's BSing. But insulting people is different, it's hostile. So all those that want to continue insulting me perhaps keep that in mind.
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 07-04-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't disagree with a word I said and can't because it is all true. But insulted me. I should learn to call people names so I can be popular.

Since so many want to call me names I think I will explain myself. I talk to people here as if we knew each other. Very smart ass, very tongue in cheek. You all will notice I don't insult anyone. Because I mean no insult. I talk in an insulting manner because that is how friends talk. It's BSing. But insulting people is different, it's hostile. So all those that want to continue insulting me perhaps keep that in mind.
    You are stupid

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

You are stupid
    I wouldn't disagree with that assessment

Pacquiao says he was "set up" apparently. Not sure where to find him saying it but it is being reported he said it
    https://youtu.be/idrTbAWd_mA

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your posts come across as rude and hostile, whether you intend to or not. Although it is true you do never insult anyone back.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information